New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Syuryuken View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by dprox View Post
    Sorry, russ.
    :offtopic: OT ang replicas dito. This forum was created to discuss and promote OPVs only
    under martial law yata ang tsikot
    Hindi naman, Syur. The tsikot owners just created this forum exclusively for OPVs. Hindi martial law yun. Focus lang, just as in tsikot's other forums (eg Drive Talk).

FYI, this forum is different from the other tsikot forums in that it is an ADVOCACY forum, with a bias for original Pinoy auto works, not replicas.

Threads on replicas can be opened in The Workshop and More Than Looks forums. I wouldn't try Car Talk, kasi baka maupakan pa ng mga foreign car lovers ang kahit anong "asembol".

Anyway, hindi naman namin dinelete yung thread, kasi mahirap nga namang humanap ng ibang thread tungkol sa "asembol". As you can see, it did generate intelligent reactions from members who understand what this forum is about.

Baka meron pa magsubmit ng drowing "inspired by" the Phantom, e di mas magaling, di ba?
    Last edited by dprox; March 10th, 2008 at 10:12 AM.
    [SIZE="1"]DESIGN is the missing link in the Philippine auto industry.[/SIZE]

2. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Yesterday, I happened to be in Angono and so visited Totong Francisco (painter-grandson of National Artist Carlos "Botong" Francisco) and I brought up the idea of OPVs he totally related and roundly agreed, supporting the idea of preserving the indigenous automotive arts and crafts. We have parallel advocacies, medyo mas advanced lang sila sa atin.
    Why not ask Nap? If he doesn't show too much interest, his son might. I think Mulawin is into sculpture, too.
    BTW, if you're ever in Angono, make time to do the rounds of Filipino artists' studios and galleries. The Blanco Family Museum is fantastic!
    I gotta admit the idea of asking a National Artist to be involved is certainly intriguing. Sige, I will ask him.

Maybe we can organize a mini-fun run to Angono for interested tsikoteers?

3. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by donbuggy View Post
    A car shaped in the spirit of the Phantom VI, not an exact replica but one that borrows styling clues (such as a chrome vertical grille, flowing fenders, etc.), will for me be a welcome sight on our streets.
    Let me share some studies of a similar project. Two years ago, I had a lady client who had a liking for the stance of the Bentley Arnage (pinsan ng RR). And so, "inspired by" that, I developed this Filipino adaptation, which she approved (in lavender, pink, silver gray, and chrome pa) ...

... but which unfortunately never pulled through (sabotaged by a naysayer who undermined the client in favor of a bigboy vehicle).

4. Join Date
    May 2006
    Hindi naman, Syur. The tsikot owners just created this forum exclusively for OPVs. Hindi martial law yun. Focus lang, just as in tsikot's other forums (eg Drive Talk).

FYI, this forum is different from the other tsikot forums in that it is an ADVOCACY forum, with a bias for original Pinoy auto works, not replicas.

Threads on replicas can be opened in The Workshop and More Than Looks forums. I wouldn't try Car Talk, kasi baka maupakan pa ng mga foreign car lovers ang kahit anong "asembol".

Anyway, hindi naman namin dinelete yung thread, kasi mahirap nga namang humanap ng ibang thread tungkol sa "asembol". As you can see, it did generate intelligent reactions from members who understand what this forum is about.

Baka meron pa magsubmit ng drowing "inspired by" the Phantom, e di mas magaling, di ba?
    :thumbup:

thanks for the explanation dami kasing sub-forum ng sub-forum ng sub-forum ang tsikot ngayon medyo nakakalito

5. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    The AMC Hammer looks very comfortable in this thread topic. No offense meant, but I somewhat thought of the AMC as more of a replica rather than an Original vehicle because of its resemblance to the GMC Hummer. I would have thought that a RR look alike might be at home at this thread place too.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    I saw this customized van sa labas ng shop in Araneta Ave. It was a customized Chevy Astro, made much much bigger for a use of a church organization.

It was actually made of fiberglass, pero sobrang kinis yung pagkagawa!

The guy who was working on it told me that he can customize any vehicle, just show him magazine brochures. Kaya he says he has a lot of magazine brochures at his place and he lets people choose the designs na pipiliin niya.

I think the RR replica can be done provided that you have a suitable chassis for it, and secondly, you have a light set and grills that look somewhat like the real thing.

7. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Ohh! Sorry po dprox! hehehe! Natuwa kse ako sa elegance ng RR Phantom VI and I honestly never seen one here yet and since it's out of production, I thought of having a replica as an alternative.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    It's been done

Except the headlights, you'll surely have to glance twice if you see this coming if you know the real RR, and ask yourself, "Is something wrong with the car?"

9. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Mbiege's ride made me think of the Mercedes 300D Type W123's 5-cylinder diesel engine and how it could be an excellent engine to put in a retro styled vehicle. Low tech compared to present diesels but robust. I'm not suggesting that a good W123 be cannibalized. I'm saying that a similar engine in the Ssangyong Istana (Mercedes MB100) van can be used.

*Dprox,
    What platform were you planning to base the Urduja on? What does Study nos. 1 to 5 look like?

10. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by donbuggy View Post
    Mbiege's ride made me think of the Mercedes 300D Type W123's 5-cylinder diesel engine and how it could be an excellent engine to put in a retro styled vehicle. Low tech compared to present diesels but robust. I'm not suggesting that a good W123 be cannibalized. I'm saying that a similar engine in the Ssangyong Istana (Mercedes MB100) van can be used.

*Dprox,
    What platform were you planning to base the Urduja on? What does Study nos. 1 to 5 look like?
    Urduja was supposed to be mounted on an AUV platform (Toyota or Mitsu) - scaled down to a 2400 mm wheelbase, since my client was only about 5'3" petite.

Studie #1-5 were just rudimentary versions of Study #6.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Rolls Royce Phantom VI Replica