New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by OTEP View Post
    Yes, you should. Coolant is not only for the radiator, it is also for the rest of the cooling system which involves the water pump, etc.

I mix coolant with distilled drinking water. Check the specific coolant you will be using for the correct mix (unless it's pre-mixed).

You need to drain the whole cooling system. That includes water within the water jackets and other areas. Your mechanic should know how to do this.

Intervals vary with vehicle. Check your owner's manual.
    Otep,

Here's the problem..

I bought the car 2nd hand.. walang kasamang owner's manual..

One other thing... Ung radiator na nkalagay sa auto ko is for cars na matic...

What should I do?

2. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Jigga View Post
    Otep,

Here's the problem..

I bought the car 2nd hand.. walang kasamang owner's manual..

One other thing... Ung radiator na nkalagay sa auto ko is for cars na matic...

What should I do?
    I assume your car is manual. I think that it should be ok. Afaik AT cars have bigger radiators compared to manual. Someone pls correct me if I'm wrong.

Just use a 50/50 mix of distilled water and coolant or just buy the premixed stuff. Replace every 2 years.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    In most cases the radiator for the A/T variant is of the same type or is more robust/high cap than the M/T's. So, as previously posted, it's ok.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Radiators for A/Ts are similar in size to M/Ts, pero may AT cooler line for the transmission

5. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by userfriendly View Post
    I assume your car is manual. I think that it should be ok. Afaik AT cars have bigger radiators compared to manual. Someone pls correct me if I'm wrong.

Just use a 50/50 mix of distilled water and coolant or just buy the premixed stuff. Replace every 2 years.
    Medyo pricey din ung prices ng mga coolant eh..

Some say it should be replaced every 2 months to 6months because the weather here sa Pinas is mainit..

Baka daw pumanget ung rad..

What do u suggest na magandang brand, ung ok and medyo nde pricey...

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Every 2 months? Baka naman ahente na ng coolant ang nagsabi sa iyo niyan. :lol:

Ako nga I just use 2 liters Whiz concentrated (Php180/liter). Tapos every 2 years ko lang napapalitan (around 30-40,000kms).

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2006

Ako nga I just use 2 liters Whiz concentrated (Php180/liter). Tapos every 2 years ko lang napapalitan (around 30-40,000kms).
    Hahaha!!!:D

Cge, do that..

8. Join Date
    Nov 2006

Hahaha!!!:D

Cge, do that..

9. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    It's not that hard. But coolant should be properly disposed of [not flushed down the drain] kaya madalas sa gas station ko na lang pinapagawa. Kasi sabi ni chieffy dati, may mga iniimplement silang policies regarding waste disposal sa mga gas stations.

Ethelyne glycol tastes good but is very poisonous kaya tepok agad ang mga stray animals na makakainiom nito.

Tastes like Kool Aid daw.
    The Inuits (formerly known as the Eskimos) are notorious for drinking that stuff that's why they have an increased rate of liver cirrhosis and liver failure.

Polar bears love that stuff too....

10. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    guys how do you drain your radiator? yung iba kasi advise sakin the engine should be running while draining para pati daw yung water sa mga hose matanggal din. is this true? and do you use radiator flush?

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Do you use radiator coolant?