New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2005
    Ako rin gamit ng coolant/anti-freeze. Prestone. I use 50/50.

2. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    pure distilled water (Absolute) + 500 ml. Whiz anti-rust.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    me also using 100% distilled water! but the effect is always Top Up every 2 weeks, daily use. so I want to add 1 lit. of Coolant.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    i use the pre-mixed coolant solution bought from the casa para wala ng hassle pag mi mix-mix pa ako

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Malaki ang margin of error ng coolant mix. Anything from 40% to 60% will work. Manufacturers just peg it at 50% for convenience. It will not be 'walang silbi' if you don't mix at exactly 50%. It will not eat through a gasket or destroy a radiator unless you intentionally use a 100% coolant concentrate without any dilution.

I used a mix of distilled drinking water and coolant.

Pero for top ups, I just use tap water. Bihira lang naman mangailangan ng top up ang Pajero. (once in 3 months? wala pang isang tabo).

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

6. Join Date
    May 2004
    I agree with sir Roydok kaya ako distilled water and coolant (with anti-rust protection)

7. Join Date
    May 2006
    water boils at 100 deg c at atmospheric pressure kaya un coolant sytem natin dapat pressurized to raise the boling point of water kaya nga pag me leak rad cap or other part ng system ng ooverheat at nageescape ang water vapor. un coolant nagraraise naman ng boiling point ng mixture

8. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    no. absolute distilled water lang. top up once a month lang w/ distilled water din.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    I use 50/50 mix also, ask ko lang po sometimes yung coolant reservoir ko eh before na i use it nasa max level lang sya when i park and pop the hood i was surprised to see some coolant overflowing and spilling from the reservoir and prang na puno siya? is there something wrong? or is it normal? TIA!

10. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by t2erns View Post
    water boils at 100 deg c at atmospheric pressure kaya un coolant sytem natin dapat pressurized to raise the boling point of water kaya nga pag me leak rad cap or other part ng system ng ooverheat at nageescape ang water vapor. un coolant nagraraise naman ng boiling point ng mixture
    In addition, ethylene glycol raises the boiling point of the cooling system, enabling one's engine to run cooler than it would had it been using plain water.

Some say that the green coolant is not sufficient to provide adequate corrosion inhibitors, kaya some use factory recommended antifreeze which has it, and a few other additives that may be optimal for your specific car.

For example, for the w123 chassis MB diesels w/ the iron block engines. Silicates have a polishing effect on cast iron, but is abrasive to other metals, and can erode your waterpump seals.

http://www.benzworld.org/forums/w123...ight=phosphate

I am led to believe that the Prestone stuff does not have any of these so that anybody can buy them at the automotive supply stores and use it in their car with minimal benefits, if at all. If you want really good protection for your car, get your OE coolant or its equivalent; it has been said that some manufacturers share the same coolant and hence, one manufacturer produces the coolant and they all are used in different car makes such as Toyota and Honda, if memory serves.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Do you use radiator coolant?