New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    The type of problem your car is having requires systematic diagnostics. Barring any mechanical problems like faulty fans/blowers, leaks, compressor issues and such, the minimum tools of the trade would usually include Toyota's OBDII scanner (TIS Techstream), and a standard room thermometer.

My guess at this point is that it may have something to do with the A/C control module and its sensor(s). Simply put, once a preset temp is entered by the driver, the control unit will do its best to achieve that temp using its own temp sensor. Once the desired temp is achieved, it sends out a signal to disengage the compressor. If the A/C control module is acting up or its sensor has become out-of-spec, or probably even blocked, it can give off the wrong feedback to the controller. Bad info in, bad info out.

Using Toyota's OBDII scanner, the technician may be able to get the temperature that is actually being detected by the A/C temp sensor through the CAN bus (Controller Area Network - The network that makes it possible for different car components like door locks, SRS, A/C, ECM/PCM, etc. to be able talk to each other). The room thermometer can be used to validate the cabin temp. If they're off by several degrees from what the TIS is saying, even after the A/C has been running for several minutes with the car under the shade, I'd swap out that controller and/or sensor for a known good one for testing.

The car's A/C temp sensor is usually behind a grilled opening on the dashboard near the knee area. On the Altis, that would be the small opening besides the Engine Start button. If this is blocked or if the sensor is defective/out-of-spec, or dislodged, it may not read the cabin temp correctly.

I hope you get this sorted out eventually.

2. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Maybe seek for a legal advise? Baka may abogado sa networks mo to give you a free consultation.

Baka pasok na sa lemon law yan case mo.

Still bring it back sa casa, wala ka din naman na choice.

Goodluck.

Hassle nga yan lalo na brand new at seldom used.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    I don't wanna go the lawyer route as much as possible. Isa pang aasikasuhin yan. Hiring a lawyer is extremely expensive, tanong pa nga lang ang mahal na, what more pag kumilos na sila.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Maybe you could ask free advice from legal persons here sa forums ma'am? Just to know your rights? May limit kasi yun lemon law and baka d na applicable sa inyo po. Para din may direction kayo sa legal aspect po.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Technically if you set the ac to 22degrees it should reach 22degrees. The thermocouple or temp sensor is quite accurate. You need to verify the temperature with a temp probe or simply a temp digital gauge.

You can visit another dealership. Not all delearships are the same. If you google toyota ph complaints. T Q Ave has lots of complaints.

When you have visited several dealerships then you can submit a complaint to DTI. You can call the DTI hot line for assistance.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    When they replaced your compressor with a new one, did they gave you the old part? Napalitan na ilan beses compressor mo at once lang ang condenser. Na-tsek kaya nila yung air drier ng a/c system mo? May sensor rin kasi ruon. Bukod rin na dapat nila i-tsek blower fan mo sa cabin ng evaporator to be sure if it is working properly. Try mo rin ibang casa for a change lang to diagnose the problem with your a/c system. Tell them the history you experience from the previous casa service where you frequently have your car checked.

Sent from my UP+ using Tapatalk

7. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Warranty claim kaya you don't get the replaced part.

Baka nga hindi naman talaga pinalitan?

Hmmmm wag naman sana.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Baka tumukod na yung shocks. I had a civic fd 2nd hand. When i changed the tires in a yokohama tire center, biglang tumagtag yung ride. I had to replace all shock absorbers. Balik sa dati ride. Usually, this happens pag gumamit ng lifter.

9. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by r_delro View Post
    Baka tumukod na yung shocks. I had a civic fd 2nd hand. When i changed the tires in a yokohama tire center, biglang tumagtag yung ride. I had to replace all shock absorbers. Balik sa dati ride. Usually, this happens pag nakalifter ang car.
    Ang weird naman masira shocks at 9k kms Kung sira nga shocks, baka sabihin ng casa wear and tear

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Cathy,

1st, get a complete service and repair record printed out. And everytime your car goes in, repair or PM, get a printed copy of the work done.
    2nd, tell your service advisor you will be going for the Lemon law if the problem persists. Tell him 4 hits na, so one more time and it will be fully covered by the Lemon law.
    3rd, write an email to Toyota customer relations and tell them your problem. Tell them you are planning to go for the Lemon law. In fact you should have already done this on the 2nd time you had the problem so they are aware and could have given your problem better attention. TMPC could have sent their own technician instead of just the casa personnel who are most probably OJTs or without the experience necessary to troubleshoot such reccuring problems.

I too have a lemon car. Pag pasok pa lang nga sasakyan ko sa casa pinapawisan na sila. The last 2 times my car went for a warranty repair it was the head tech from Berjaya that did the troubleshooting and repair, assist na lang ang casa service personnel. Nakatimbre na sa kanila unit ko e since I always send an email straight to Mazda Philippines everytime. So far the last repair seems to be ok, fingers crossed.
    Last edited by yebo; September 13th, 2015 at 10:15 PM.

Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast