New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 20 1234511 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    I don't know what to do with my 2014 Altis anymore. Just today the AC stopped working. There was no air coming out of the vents at all. This happened several times before but the AC would work after turning the aircon on and off for 5 mins.
    My car has been in the case THREE times since 2014

Casa Visit 1: Replace compressor
    Casa Visit 2: Refill Freon (their grand excuse on why the AC was not cold enough was because they did not refill the freon properly when the replaced the compressor)
    Casa Visit 3: July 2015: Replace compressor (AGAIN) and condenser

I felt trouble with the AC less than 6 months ata from the time I bought the car. I told the casa that its not as cold as it is supposed to be. I have driven that car almost every day since I bought it and my setting was ALWAYS at 24c and that felt really cold for me even on summer. THEN suddenly something changed. I would use setting 22C and it still was not enough to keep the cabin cold. Of course at LOW/18c e lalamig yung AC, BUT I kept on telling casa, check it at freaking 28C and that is where you will see the problem. A normal Altis has very cold AC and I know mine is not. I also reported that there is a sound in the cabin from the AC that they never resolved in the three times that I brought the car there. It stayed for 2 WEEKS on the third visit and now it got worse! I have no AC at all! What the hell should I do now? I do not even know if they really replaced my compressor! I told them before to check the blower because that its what happened to my 10th gen pero WALA

Then on Friday, going home from work I noticed something very different with the ride quality of my car. It was so rough! I felt like I was riding a very old car. If anything, the ride quality of the Altis was superb compared with my 10th gen. So I know that something is wrong because I felt every curve and bump on the road. Today I passed the skway to test it and the skyway felt like I was passing numerous humps na ewan! I checked the tire pressure and it was at 32 front and 30 rear (recommended for the Altis). This car has only 9000 + kms and never driven on rough roads or long distance! The farthest was ONCE in Manaoag for its blessing. City driving on weekdays and sometimes highway on weekends (Laguna which is less than 100 kms away) I do not pass any rough or malubak roads to and from work. So how the F*CK can something go wrong with the suspension or shocks or whatever. I rarely even have passengers and I do not weigh 400 lbs to damage the suspension! I am so desperate! I want to sell this pero talo ako sa depreciation sobra. And my parents will definitely not cover the difference if I bought a new car. I really have to deal with this car for 4 more yrs or so. And I am afraid what will happen pa when it is out off warranty
    Last edited by _Cathy_; September 13th, 2015 at 07:15 PM.

2. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Trade it with a nissan, that should end your ac troubles.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Trading or selling the car is NOT AN OPTION as mentioned in my first post.

4. Join Date
    May 2014
    isang casa lang ba humawak Cathy?

5. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by ninjababez View Post
    isang casa lang ba humawak Cathy?
    Yes. And it's far from where I live!

6. Join Date
    May 2014
    try nalang sa iba. baka tang* tang* service dyan

7. Join Date
    Mar 2013
    isang casa lang ba ang pinagdalhan mo maam? have you tried other casas?

you could bring it to reputable shops other than the casa just for diagnosis. para lang malaman ang sira talaga. para pag balik mo sa casa may idea ka kung ano sira. bad trip kasi pag alam mo nang may sira kaso yung mga unggoy sa casa panay hula lang ginagawa.

and mark the parts na alam mong kailangan palitan. sulatan mo ng pentel yung compressor para alam mo kung pinalitan nga.

8. Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Baka naman nagagandahan Lang sayo service advisor mo kaya ka.. Pinapabalik balik... He he

9. Join Date
    Mar 2015
    There's no choice but to bring it back to the same casa as they have all the records of your car from the beginning. In line with this ma'am i think you should have all the documents of your complain in hand and if possible ask advice from a lawyer of your rights so that you know what you can and cannot do.

Nandyan na po yan kaya have patience na lang po to continue your claim para baka finally palitan nila buo yun a/c system or mag out source na sila sa nippondenso. Don't bring your car to outside a/c repair shops as they might use that against you to void your warranty claim.

10. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by 99moves View Post
    isang casa lang ba ang pinagdalhan mo maam? have you tried other casas?

you could bring it to reputable shops other than the casa just for diagnosis. para lang malaman ang sira talaga. para pag balik mo sa casa may idea ka kung ano sira. bad trip kasi pag alam mo nang may sira kaso yung mga unggoy sa casa panay hula lang ginagawa.

and mark the parts na alam mong kailangan palitan. sulatan mo ng pentel yung compressor para alam mo kung pinalitan nga.
    Yes. I have been going to the same casa for over 5 years already to the same service advisor. Kaya nagdadalawang isip ako magpunta sa ibang casa. I don't make appointments anymore and parts are replaced immediately. When my 10th gen had a problem after PMS, they even picked up my car at home. But then he got promoted already kaya siguro iba na talaga pag hindi na siya yung nakatutok. But this time I will try another casa na.

Page 1 of 20 1234511 ... LastLast