New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

View Poll Results: Do you want a 'Members' Rides Forum' in Tsikot.com?

Voters
115. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

85 73.91%
  • No

30 26.09%
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by tsikot View Post
    In order to further organize and systematize this proposed forum, we can further subdivide it into different subforums like SUVs, Sedans, AUVs, Pick-Ups, Other Vehicles, etc.
    Or we could just keep it as one and be more of a family!!! I thought if there would be sub-forums, it won't be equally fair to all members... These site seems more of a general automotive forum, we have SUVs and trucks as well, but then we probably only have a few of them... Let's all :grouphugg: and feel at :home: hehehh

Pros:
    1. a reward for active members to have their own thread featuring their rides. This is analogous to the 'personal' threads we see in almost all forums. this will also serve as a motivation for newbies and lurking members to be more active in order to achieve 'Tsikoteer' status to be able to start their own Ride Thread.
    2. this will foster a closer sense of community even family, since members will know more about each other through their rides and follow the developments and changes involving such. let's just look at this as sort of an 'autonovela'.
    3. contests featuring the best rides can easily be conducted, with this as a prequalifying factor or requirement.
    1. That's a sure +

2. Definitely, that would probably be the main gain for this one... I have experience this in other forums. I think that hearing +/- comments directed to you as the thread starter is what really gedts you close with other members...

3. wow, that's beyond expected! :cool01:

2. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Cons:
    1. this will duplicate the 'intents and purposes' of our gallery system where members have already uploaded most of their rides' pics. thopugh our gallery system has a commenting system, i understand that a forum thread is definitely different (an a lot better) than a gallery image thread in terms of exposure, activity and traffic)
    2. since we cannot always filter out pasaway newbies (even members) as soon as they come, this can be a new battleground for flaming/flame-baiting, personal wars/battles, etc. A more vigilant moderator group should oversee this forum.[/quote]1. They can re-post the pics, and I'm sure they won't mind, and also, I don't think there are as much people who look at the galleries as there are in the forums... They'd get more replies and comments not, just 3 or 4 per set of pics...

2. When it comes to this, the appropriate rules can be established that no hard flaming and disrespecting can be allowed, those who violate should be warned and if warned numerous times whould either get suspended or banned (which will not likely to happen, so far I haven't noticed much immature members). I have seen this done, Team-Integra.Net does a very well job at this (one of the factors that set that certain site from any other). It would all come down to discipline, and unexpectedly, respect is being developed at the same time...[/quote]

I am aware that every each of us have our own opinions and can give a lot of negative comments. There are ways to express ourselves... If we don't like what we see, it's not that hard to just keep it to ourselves and simply say, "it's not my bag", "not my cup of tea", "I'm not feeling it, but whatever floats your boat", "you could always do what you like", etc... OR, just leave and not say anything... How hard is that?

anyway, the tsikot staff will appreciate your votes and your comments and suggestions. we would like to thank blink21me for the suggestion. We have started a poll and his thread has been merged here.

Of course, this will still be pending upon the approval of the whole tsikot.com admin and moderating staff.

Thank you.
    :cheers2:

its a yes....and a no...hirap magdecide...weigh ko muna...

4. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Cons:
    1. this will duplicate the 'intents and purposes' of our gallery system where members have already uploaded most of their rides' pics. thopugh our gallery system has a commenting system, i understand that a forum thread is definitely different (an a lot better) than a gallery image thread in terms of exposure, activity and traffic)
    2. since we cannot always filter out pasaway newbies (even members) as soon as they come, this can be a new battleground for flaming/flame-baiting, personal wars/battles, etc. A more vigilant moderator group should oversee this forum.
    1. They can re-post the pics, and I'm sure they won't mind, and also, I don't think there are as much people who look at the galleries as there are in the forums... They'd get more replies and comments not, just 3 or 4 per set of pics...

2. When it comes to this, the appropriate rules can be established that no hard flaming and disrespecting can be allowed, those who violate should be warned and if warned numerous times whould either get suspended or banned (which will not likely to happen, so far I haven't noticed much immature members). I have seen this done, Team-Integra.Net does a very well job at this (one of the factors that set that certain site from any other). It would all come down to discipline, and unexpectedly, respect is being developed at the same time...

I am aware that every each of us have our own opinions and can give a lot of negative comments. There are ways to express ourselves... If we don't like what we see, it's not that hard to just keep it to ourselves and simply say, "it's not my bag", "not my cup of tea", "I'm not feeling it, but whatever floats your boat", "you could always do what you like", etc... OR, just leave and not say anything... How hard is that?

anyway, the tsikot staff will appreciate your votes and your comments and suggestions. we would like to thank blink21me for the suggestion. We have started a poll and his thread has been merged here.

Of course, this will still be pending upon the approval of the whole tsikot.com admin and moderating staff.

Thank you.
    :cheers2:

5. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    Personally, no... it would be better if members just posted their rides in their sigs.

For the most part, member's rides forums are nice, but they're abusable.

And once just ONE person makes a false claim, other people will start doubting whether or not other members' rides are real, too. It kinda gets messy sometimes. I can just picture some noob asking schnitzer to prove that he really owns a Z4... I can imagine that will get messy... ...to save people time, I've seen his Z4, and the guy is one loaded sanavagun. :lol:

Personally... no. But I think people will want it anyway. Let's all just remember to be nice when it opens.
    how many little pics can be posted within the sig? There really isn't a downside for having a Members' rides forum... And IMHo ot wouldn't be abusable, come one now, we aren't kids here...

I don't see why one would think that a certain member will post pics of a ride that isn't his... why do that? To me that's a big waste of time and effort, and why lie? If the Schnitzer guy is from within the US, it will be unreasonable to doubt he has a Z4, those kinda cars are all over here... If it was a Viper, a GT, a Bugatti, a Ferrari or something worth more than $100,000, that's when one would have second thoughts...

6. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by blink21me View Post

If the Schnitzer guy is from within the US, it will be unreasonable to doubt he has a Z4, those kinda cars are all over here... If it was a Viper, a GT, a Bugatti, a Ferrari or something worth more than $100,000, that's when one would have second thoughts...
    may nabasa na ako ganyan sa isang car forum ,di ko lang maalala kung dito din sa tsikot ,
    post niya lahat yata ng car sa NEED For SPEED(PlayStation) na kanyan daw
    nag payabangan na .,meron hindi nakasakay sa trip,hanggang nag ka asaran at nag kainitan sa thread,ganito cguro ang ibig sabhin ni sir niky

I don't see why one would think that a certain member will post pics of a ride that isn't his... why do that?[/B] To me that's a big waste of time and effort, and why lie?
    well ,cguro hindi lahat ng tao kahit matured na ang age ,
    ay ibig sabhin matured na din ang pag iisip ,
    pero kung mga kagaya nyo na responsible na tsikoteer .i dont see any problem

kung ano na lang ang resulta ng poll.."suportahan taka" ko na lang

PEACE

7. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    I don't see why people would post cars that aren't theirs, but people do it anyway. A boardmate pointed me to one myspace page where someone used my cardomain pics and claimed them as his car. I told him: who cares? It's his problem when he goes to an EB and can't produce the car.

While it's the guy's fault if gets found out and embarrased online, it isn't nice when it happens, and the culture or atmosphere of suspicion that starts to form when things like that happen isn't nice.

But I agree, it could work as long as everyone remembers to be nice, and as long as we remind people that neither lying nor fighting will be tolerated.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

8. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    gogogo....

kung me poster man na japeyks let him be, in the end malalaman din naman na japeyks sya.

ika nga walang utot na di umaamoy

I don't see why people would post cars that aren't theirs, but people do it anyway. A boardmate pointed me to one myspace page where someone used my cardomain pics and claimed them as his car. I told him: who cares? It's his problem when he goes to an EB and can't produce the car.
    I'll take that as a complement...

10. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    dalawa tayong mag aabang he he he

Quote Originally Posted by Mamar View Post
    hhmmn.. anu kaya magiging outcome ng poll na to?

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Poll: Members' Rides Forum * tsikot.com