New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

View Poll Results: Do you want a 'Members' Rides Forum' in Tsikot.com?

Voters
115. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

85 73.91%
  • No

30 26.09%
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by blink21me View Post
    I know mhan, siguro dapat tayong mag-vote, would anyone be interested if I make a poll???
    I think you should start the poll.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    the current system works fine to me..it will just add clutter and will deem the car gallery useless.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by blink21me View Post
    I know mhan, siguro dapat tayong mag-vote, would anyone be interested if I make a poll???
    Quote Originally Posted by j_avonni View Post
    I think you should start the poll.
    i guess there's no harm in starting a poll in order to find out the sentiment of the members.. sometimes we need a paradigm shift to discover that change is good..

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    As requested, we are conducting a poll if members want a different forum within tsikot.com where members can start threads on their rides - photos, modifications, updates, plans, even unfortunate incidents (after accident photos, etc), etc.

In order to further organize and systematize this proposed forum, we can further subdivide it into different subforums like SUVs, Sedans, AUVs, Pick-Ups, Other Vehicles, etc.

But in order to incentivise members to be more active, only tsikoteers (usergroup of members with 100 posts and more) can start their own ride threads here.

Pros:
    1. a reward for active members to have their own thread featuring their rides. This is analogous to the 'personal' threads we see in almost all forums. this will also serve as a motivation for newbies and lurking members to be more active in order to achieve 'Tsikoteer' status to be able to start their own Ride Thread.
    2. this will foster a closer sense of community even family, since members will know more about each other through their rides and follow the developments and changes involving such. let's just look at this as sort of an 'autonovela'.
    3. contests featuring the best rides can easily be conducted, with this as a prequalifying factor or requirement.

Cons:
    1. this will duplicate the 'intents and purposes' of our gallery system where members have already uploaded most of their rides' pics. thopugh our gallery system has a commenting system, i understand that a forum thread is definitely different (an a lot better) than a gallery image thread in terms of exposure, activity and traffic)
    2. since we cannot always filter out pasaway newbies (even members) as soon as they come, this can be a new battleground for flaming/flame-baiting, personal wars/battles, etc. A more vigilant moderator group should oversee this forum.
    3. this forum may overlap with existing forums, further making our 'simplified' forum category system 'de-simplified'.

anyway, the tsikot staff will appreciate your votes and your comments and suggestions. we would like to thank blink21me for the suggestion. We have started a poll and his thread has been merged here.

Of course, this will still be pending upon the approval of the whole tsikot.com admin and moderating staff.

Thank you.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    hhmmn.. anu kaya magiging outcome ng poll na to?

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Personally, no... it would be better if members just posted their rides in their sigs.

For the most part, member's rides forums are nice, but they're abusable.

And once just ONE person makes a false claim, other people will start doubting whether or not other members' rides are real, too. It kinda gets messy sometimes. I can just picture some noob asking schnitzer to prove that he really owns a Z4... I can imagine that will get messy... ...to save people time, I've seen his Z4, and the guy is one loaded sanavagun. :lol:

Personally... no. But I think people will want it anyway. Let's all just remember to be nice when it opens.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    sure. but let's all be nice if it does push through

8. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Isama niyo na din bigyan ng powers kami magdelete ng aming pictures sa gallery namin..hehe

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Blink: It's a free forum naman bro, go ahead and start one, ok lang naman eh... the members' participation will decide naman whether or not a thread is popular or not...

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    kahit ano... parang "cardomain" di ba?

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
Poll: Members' Rides Forum * tsikot.com