New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

View Poll Results: Do you want a 'Members' Rides Forum' in Tsikot.com?

Voters
115. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

85 73.91%
  • No

30 26.09%
Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    wow 26 na ung yes! nung huling check ko kanina nasa mga 12 lang ahh!

2. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by BoEinG_747 View Post
    may nabasa na ako ganyan sa isang car forum ,di ko lang maalala kung dito din sa tsikot ,
    post niya lahat yata ng car sa NEED For SPEED(PlayStation) na kanyan daw
    nag payabangan na .,meron hindi nakasakay sa trip,hanggang nag ka asaran at nag kainitan sa thread,ganito cguro ang ibig sabhin ni sir niky
    hahah siguro kung ako nakakita ng thread na I think eh hindi totoo yung naka-post na pics, I would just say, "pics of you and your car or ban!", hahah, that's all it takes, no need ng murahan, lol... Nangyari na yun sa Bimmerforums.com (current forum I'm involved in as a BMW owner), yung isang member humihingi ng help para i-vote yung girlfriend niya na kasali sa US Beauty Pageant, nag-request lang ng pic yung ibang members tapos nag-post na yung thread starter then it was all good, everyone else actually logged in to the site and voted for the girl...

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    i definitely think that having multiple subforums by car class is way too much. we already have a bit too many forums as it is, imo. but maybe 1 member ride forum is not too bad.

however, there is one other reason why this forum might not make sense. there are not too many hardcore modders on this forum (off the top of my head i can think of maybe 5-10), and the main value of a member ride forum is to see what other people are doing to their rides and get ideas for modding or for future car purchases.

for example, if we all owned Evos the member ride forum would be a place where you could see the car in every color, with every option, and with many different aftermarket mods - so if you are thinking about buying rims you could see which one you like best on the car.

the other issue is that few members post pics anyway (walang digicam? hehe) so baka langawin lang tayo.

speaking for myself, i would only start threads on the forum if i bought a new car and wanted to post pics....or if i installed a new mod and wanted people to see it. that happens very infrequently, and as many people already pointed out - you could use the gallery for that anyway.

EDIT: if we do it, the one thing i strongly suggest if we do this, is that every thread title must contain the make and model of the car being posted. it's very frustrating to see eleventy million "my new ride!" or "some new mods..." and have to click on every one just to see what the heck they're talking about
    Last edited by empy; August 28th, 2006 at 03:21 AM.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by M54 Powered View Post
    i definitely think that having multiple subforums by car class is way too much. we already have a bit too many forums as it is, imo. but maybe 1 member ride forum is not too bad.
    I agree

however, there is one other reason why this forum might not make sense. there are not too many hardcore modders on this forum (off the top of my head i can think of maybe 5-10), and the main value of a member ride forum is to see what other people are doing to their rides and get ideas for modding or for future car purchases.
    This forum will not be meant to mainly showoff one's ride, yes we do share ideas, and we do appreciate each other for doing so... plus, you just said it, people will have better cosmetic mod taste after seeing such and such on cars and seeing other people's opinion about it... This will have an impact to the thread viewers...

for example, if we all owned Evos the member ride forum would be a place where you could see the car in every color, with every option, and with many different aftermarket mods - so if you are thinking about buying rims you could see which one you like best on the car.
    That doesn't really matter, is there anyone who's good in using Photoshop here??? I'm currently attending the class in college and after a few more weeks I'll learn how to edit pics as if it was taken in reality...

the other issue is that few members post pics anyway (walang digicam? hehe) so baka langawin lang tayo.

speaking for myself, i would only start threads on the forum if i bought a new car and wanted to post pics....or if i installed a new mod and wanted people to see it. that happens very infrequently, and as many people already pointed out - you could use the gallery for that anyway.
    It doesn't really matter kung kokonti lang yung mga magpopost about their cars... we have other forum sections that barely gets viewed anyways, while this one, I'm sure will get more views... You don't have to have a digicam, you can just scan pics you took from a disposable cam if you'd like, it doesn't really matter...

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ^boss, there's no need to rebut the contrarian views point by point

obviously, the proposal has its pros and cons. if it was a complete no-brainer it would already have been implemented in the 4 years or so that tsikot has already been in existence...

personally, it doesn't bother anyone one way or the other. for those who don't care for having the forum, then they have the option of not visiting it. as long as the owners of this site don't have a problem with the extra (and let's be honest - redundant) bandwidth, then i think you should be ok. ;)

6. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    bahala kayo!

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueBimmer View Post
    bahala kayo!
    :rant: herhehrehr

8. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    ok lang.. for those who want to show what mods they did to the cars. para sama-sama na lang sa isang location at easy access..

9. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Yes ako. Let's prove to ourselves that we are responsible Tsikoteers. Basta ba everytime we post, hindi nawawala yung respect, courtesy, self-discipline, at humility. Di natin maiiwasan me mga Tsikoteers din na "hambog" :drunk:

10. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by lightning099 View Post
    Yes ako. Let's prove to ourselves that we are responsible Tsikoteers. Basta ba everytime we post, hindi nawawala yung respect, courtesy, self-discipline, at humility. Di natin maiiwasan me mga Tsikoteers din na "hambog" :drunk:
    humility? self-discipline? Bwahahaha... but seriously, kaya natin to! :drunk:

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
Poll: Members' Rides Forum * tsikot.com