New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    my personal and serious take on this telenovela ng tutoong buhay...

i think CG used this thread as an option only because she knows that she is well-known here in the thread. the forum is not just an online community but an actual circle and community of real people who know each other too outside of the internet.

and even though i only met CG twice pa lang, i would gladly lend her one kung meron akong ipahihiram.

and yes, some things are better left unsaid. an example is: can you say that your boss is an asshole straight in his face even though he is? you can't while you are still employed within the company. same here....there are certain rules that have to be followed, certain etiquettes that have to be observed. in every system, there are rules, if one can't live within the system, then go out of the system, that simple.

:war:

back to watching the thread.
    Last edited by 1D4LV; April 19th, 2007 at 10:46 AM.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    she has gotta be an idiot to accept offer from strangers. which mean, she posted the inquiry for the people whom she knew from this forum. having said that, this question should have never came up in the first place.

---karding, I'm sure that 8/10 people who read the thread would assumed that the inquiry is for both people she knew and strangers, maybe I was just assuming too much, now I admit that was my mistake, I said that bec she posted her contact number, I again assumed that if that thread was for people she new just like what you said, then she could just say text/call me and not post any numbers..

refer to my post above. we know her personally, so there could be members willing to lend a hand. Why dont I offer and be a HERO? I would if I could, I am currently thousands of miles away.

---I don't have a problem with people she knew that would help her, but I was just surprise if she's really indeed acccepting offer from strangers,

if this was possible, CarGirl would have never posted this inquiry now, would she?!

---yes your right, but as I've said on my earlier post, it was just a question that I asked since she posted regrding the BF...

you should know better not to attack a moderator. you made it even worst by creating your very own thread in retaliation. What would that make you?

---then what would that make to a moderator who posted an offensive reply to a member and locked the thread afterwards, it's like hitting you then run away..just like what I've said he can send me PM, and warned me...end of story...anyway if he had the time to reply and locked ta thread then why not just used it to send me PM

members who are close to CG was offended by your consecutive posts from the other thread. (mazdamazda for example). I think you were asking too much question but had nothing to offer. thus, mazdamazda as a moderator that he is, got annoyed of your posts which offered nothing but offend CG. I know I would have been offended by your questions.

---she was offended bec she was having a problem with the BF, and unfortunately I asked the wrong questions, I don;t see anything wrong in asking questions in a public forum, anyways I'm really sorry if she was offended, it also goes out to people closed to her, like you who were also offended..

3. Join Date
    May 2005
    To the thread starter,

I actually offered my ride to CG but she opted not to accept it. The three of them just wont fit in my ride (Honda Super 4! ) and she politely said no.

Chief,

On a more serious note, it is the moderator's prerogative to lock or unlock a particular thread. If you cant hack it, you have two options : 1. be a moderator or 2. just keep quiet

With all due respect, the moderators were selected based on their reputation and familiarity with the tsikot community. They are doing this for free to help tsikot attain world peace

To CG,

Pssst, promise kasya tayo and I will bring 3 extra helmets. Huy, long time no see. Regards to you

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by happy_gilmore View Post
    my personal and serious take on this telenovela ng tutoong buhay...

i think CG used this thread as an option only because she knows that she is well-known here in the thread. the forum is not just an online community but an actual circle and community of real people who know each other too outside of the internet.

and even though i only met CG twice pa lang, i would gladly lend her one kung meron akong ipahihiram.

and yes, some things are better left unsaid. an example is: can you say that your boss is an asshole straight in his face even though he is? you can't while you are still employed within the company. same here....there are certain rules that have to be followed, certain etiquettes that have to be observed. in every system, there are rules, if one can't live within the system, then go out of the system, that simple.

:war:

back to watching the thread.

HG, just like you I'm a member since 2002, I sincerely believe I have followed and respected the rules of tiskot, until today...yes, I concured that there are things that should be left unsaid,I might have touch a sensitive topic, but I don't know her personal circumstances, it just unfortunate that I asked the questions which she was sensitive with,

Quote Originally Posted by fireblade View Post
    To the thread starter,

Chief,

On a more serious note, it is the moderator's prerogative to lock or unlock a particular thread. If you cant hack it, you have two options : 1. be a moderator or 2. just keep quiet

With all due respect, the moderators were selected based on their reputation and familiarity with the tsikot community. They are doing this for free to help tsikot attain world peace

yes, no one's disputing that moderators have the prerogative to lock threads, but isn't moderators also supposed not to post an offensive reply that is obviously againts a member, and locked the thread afterwards? the right thing to do was locked the thread PM the member...moderators should also be fair, just and impartial...

5. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    o sya sya, i hope we're all done venting. group hug na....wait, lemme squeeze between mamichula and tsikotbabe...ahh, that's better...ok, group hug na.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    1) You will respect the moderators and administrators of the forums at all times.

2) You will not behave in an abusive and/or hateful manner, and will not harass, threaten, nor attack anyone.

5) You will respect other people's right to personal privacy.

9) You will, if asked by a representative of the Forums, cease posting any content, and/or links to content, deemed

offensive, objectionable, or in poor taste by the staff of the Forums.
    Intiendes? IMO, These are the reasons why the thread was locked.

i think somebody forgot to read the TSIKOT rules and regulations.

Oh well, nagpapaalala lang tama na yang :gayfight:

anu gulo dito??? pa-chika naman...

kung anu man to, pwede daanin nalang sa mabuteng usapan

(anung thread yun, deleted na ba?)

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    i just went over the other thread and i believe shadow was not given the benefit of the doubt. he asked a simple question that was not so private since it was prompted by a post from another thread, how could he have known that the circumstances had changed? is he automatically to assume that they have? I am of the belief that if you don't want people prying into your personal life then don't put it into a public forum where, rest assured, thats what they will do.

fireblade is still right though, its a mod's prerogative to lock or not. he probably closed the thread because the intent of the thread was already met.

shadow i understand your frustration but perhaps you should rename your thread title, all you want is clarification dba?

popcorn time

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I believe a good moderator

can ease a tension without locking and deleting a post or thread

it should be a last resort.

Thats why they are called MODERATE ors

Not Deletators or locktators hehehehehe

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I've been reading over CarGirls' thread and I don't see anything wrong in Shadow's part.

IMO if CG knew a lot of Tsikoteers personally, she could have PM'd or SMS'd some of them.

And dating kasi sa akin nung post ni CG any Pedro na pwede magpahiram ng oto so that's what probably triggered Shadow's query.
    Last edited by artpogi; April 19th, 2007 at 12:09 PM.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
A message for the moderators