New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

meron ba ganito dito? as i recall, most other countries nagooffer ng performance aftermarket torque converters that could minimize yung power loss and improve ang response ng transmission.

since sa susunod, most dealer-cars na sa atin puros matic na, lalo na sa mid to top variants and models, and most MT will be dropped to either the workhorse/basic models and those expensive sport model.

will find some links for the articles para magka-idea what i mean.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Aftermarket ATF coolers, meron na... then high-performance ATF...

But for high-po torque converters, you still have to send out the stock (or pay a car charge so that the shop can find a torque converter that matches your car) for them to rebuild... cost is high... last time I asked, it was already around $400... this was a looong time ago... looking back... ouch... refabbed TCs can cost around $1000 now...

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

3. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Aftermarket ATF coolers, meron na... then high-performance ATF...

But for high-po torque converters, you still have to send out the stock (or pay a car charge so that the shop can find a torque converter that matches your car) for them to rebuild... cost is high... last time I asked, it was already around $400... this was a looong time ago... looking back... ouch... refabbed TCs can cost around $1000 now...

a finabricate pala ang hi-perf TC!? anu pinapalitan dun ung impeller sa loob kaya? ngek mahal pala yung ganun, pero worth ka naman?

kay speedlab may performance ATF and cooler na ba?

5. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    any high temp full syn atf should be able to take the punishment.

the question is, do you really need a atf cooler? for most cars, even if hataw hatawin mo ok lang and you won't need it unless you do major work to the engine.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    For street use, Synthetic ATF and a cooler upgrade (typically the core of an aftermarket cooler is about 5k+ pesos) are more than enough. I doubt you'll see enough savings from a low-stall (early lockup) converter to justify the price.

For tuning... a high-stall converter (late lockup) helps you build up power in torque-braking for drag-launches... and if you've got a turbocharged car, a stronger (rebuilt) torque converter is generally a good idea.... since your stock AT wasn't built to handle really high loads... but it's expensive stuff.

You can buy off-the-shelf converters for some applications, but for others, you have to go for refabricated stock pieces... which means adding a core charge for the US supplier so they can buy a stock piece to convert. That's why it's $$$.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    For street use, Synthetic ATF and a cooler upgrade (typically the core of an aftermarket cooler is about 5k+ pesos) are more than enough. I doubt you'll see enough savings from a low-stall (early lockup) converter to justify the price.

For tuning... a high-stall converter (late lockup) helps you build up power in torque-braking for drag-launches... and if you've got a turbocharged car, a stronger (rebuilt) torque converter is generally a good idea.... since your stock AT wasn't built to handle really high loads... but it's expensive stuff.

You can buy off-the-shelf converters for some applications, but for others, you have to go for refabricated stock pieces... which means adding a core charge for the US supplier so they can buy a stock piece to convert. That's why it's $$$.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    unless you drive a muscle car you're going to have a hard time finding a high stall speed TC. lalo na locally.

performance torque converters and ATF oil coolers