New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2006

Earlier today, the Department of Transportation (DOTr) launched Joint Memorandum Circular (JMC) 2018-001, reclassifying different types of roads and providing motorists with a clearer set of speed limits to follow.

The move comes in a bid to reduce accidents and speeding incidents on national and provincial roads, to strengthen the implementation of the Philippine Land Transportation and Traffic Code (Republic Act 4136), and to improve coordination between local government units (LGU) and concerned government agencies like the Department of Public Works and Highways (DPWH).

Under the new guidelines, LGUs will be permitted to lower speed limits on roads within its jurisdiction via approval from the DOTr and DPWH. They are also being encouraged to enact speed limit ordinances. "JMC 2018-001 is not a new law. It is a mechanism that fortifies the implementation of Section 35 of RA 4136," the DOTr says.

https://www.topgear.com.ph/news/moto...ef=home_feed_1
    Max speed for cars, motorcycles and similar vehicles is 80KPH; bus and trucks * 50KPH

Ano bang pinagkakain ng mga itong nasa DOTR
    Last edited by Syuryuken; February 8th, 2018 at 06:00 PM.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    this makes the 4spd vehicles more efficient in the highway New set of speed limits

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    I thought they increased the speed limit

What the heck are these government officials smoking?

4. Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Kaya pabang i sustain ang 80kph sa provincial roads?
    5 years ago na try ko 160kph for more than 10 minutes sa Andaya Highway at 2 AM in the morning.
    Ngayon swerte na maka drive ka ng 100kph dun.

Last month from Solano to Sta Fe kaya i burts ng 100 kph pero hindi kaya i sustain ng 5 minutes, nasa 60-80 kph kalang talaga.
    Halos lahat ng school zone may nakaharang ng barikada during school hours dagdag pa yung mababagal na tricycle.
    So parang tama lang yung 80 kph sa provincial roads.

Sa city driving naman, swerte nayung ma maintain ang 40 kph.

5. Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Ok lang to in national roads, since halos lahat naman may pedestrian na tumatawid bigla bigla, puv na biglang titigil sa gitna, or motorboys na suicidal.

In expressways sana taasan naman nila up to 150. And mag implement nalang sila ng strict rule na when moving dapat atleast 2 cars away ka sa car in front of you. Since yung mga mahilig tumutok kasi atat lumipat ng lane yung madalas nag ssimula ng accidents.

Though kelangan nila icover ng cctv yung buong expressway. Haha.

6. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Sana may minimum din

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    unahin nila dapat lagyan ng minimum limit yung IQ ng mga tao sa gobyerno. pag nasa policy making na dapat may minimum na 110 IQ man lang.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by yebo View Post
    unahin nila dapat lagyan ng minimum limit yung IQ ng mga tao sa gobyerno. pag nasa policy making na dapat may minimum na 110 IQ man lang.

hahahaha! tumpak!

9. Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by yebo View Post
    San ba graduate yung karamihan ng nasa gobierno?

10. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Syuryuken View Post
    Max speed for cars, motorcycles and similar vehicles is 80KPH; bus and trucks * 50KPH

Ano bang pinagkakain ng mga itong nasa DOTR
    Trapik din daw lang, e di babaan na lang ang speed limit....

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast