New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    i think "restriction" means, this is what you are allowed to drive..
    thus, restriction 1 means, you are allowed only motorcycles or tricycles...
    restriction 2 means, you may drive any vehicle up to 4500 kg, manual or auto...
    restriction 3 means, you may drive vehicles above 4500 kg... manual or auto..
    restriction 4 means, you may drive only automatic vehicles up to 4500 kg... you may not drive MT..
    restriction 5 means, you may drive automatic vehicles over 4500 kg.. no MT..
    now, do restrictions 2 and 3 allow for motorcycle driving? i am not sure. but my guess is, no. because you did not take the driving exam for motorcycles..
    Last edited by dr. d; April 18th, 2014 at 10:25 PM.

2. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Ram Giron View Post
    E di pwede rin po akong mag drive ng motorsiklo o tricycle kahit R-2 lang ang restriction ko kaci wala below 4500 kgs ang motorsiklo.
    Pwede, wag ka lang magpahuli o ma involve sa accident, at pag naaksidente ka void ang insurance claim mo (valid driver's license clause).

Seriously.. as earlier posted and at LTO site, Restriction 1 is specifically for motorcycles. You need restriction 1 for you to legally operate motorcycle in public roads.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by 12vdc View Post
    Pwede, wag ka lang magpahuli o ma involve sa accident, at pag naaksidente ka void ang insurance claim mo (valid driver's license clause).

Seriously.. as earlier posted and at LTO site, Restriction 1 is specifically for motorcycles. You need restriction 1 for you to legally operate motorcycle in public roads.

question..

are we limited to only 3 restrictions? theoretically hindi ba pwede kunin yung 1-3, 6-8 restrictions? just curious.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Pwede naman na aside from 1,3 meron pa 6 and 8. But you need to have a certification for 6 and 8, coming from TESDA or LTO authorized certifying body, to apply for it.

Posted via Tsikot Mobile App

5. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by 12vdc View Post

meron din bang license requirement ung mga operator ng pison at bulldozer? minsan kasi nakakakita ako ng mga ganyan sa hi-way papunta sa next project nila.

6. Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Manilablock View Post
    meron din bang license requirement ung mga operator ng pison at bulldozer? minsan kasi nakakakita ako ng mga ganyan sa hi-way papunta sa next project nila.
    Yes, because those equipment are classified as Articulated Vehicle.

Posted via Tsikot Mobile App

7. Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Money making scheme ng Philippine government yung restrictions, may bayad kapag gusto mong approved for additional restrictions.

Sa US kapag may license ka na pwede ka na sa motorcycle, cars, and trucks. For me I took and passed the driver exam using a subcompact. With that license I'm able to rent U-haul trucks when moving apartments. Sa Pinas you have to be approved for truck restriction (above 4500kg) to be able to drive one.

I took the exam using an automatic, but got a manual transmission for my daily drive. Sa atin di ulit pwede ito, you have to pass the exam using an MT to be approved for that restriction.

Kapag makapamuhay ka sa ibang bansa you discover na ang daming kotong ng gobyerno sa atin. I guess ginagawa nila itong excessive kotong para ma-offset yung mga ninanakaw nila. Otherwise walang matitira pambayad utang sa ibang bansa at para sa pagpapatakbo ng gobyerno.

Sent from the Twilight Zone...

8. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by e2romo View Post
    Money making scheme ng Philippine government yung restrictions, may bayad kapag gusto mong approved for additional restrictions.

Sa US kapag may license ka na pwede ka na sa motorcycle, cars, and trucks. For me I took and passed the driver exam using a subcompact. With that license I'm able to rent U-haul trucks when moving apartments. Sa Pinas you have to be approved for truck restriction (above 4500kg) to be able to drive one.

I took the exam using an automatic, but got a manual transmission for my daily drive. Sa atin di ulit pwede ito, you have to pass the exam using an MT to be approved for that restriction.

Kapag makapamuhay ka sa ibang bansa you discover na ang daming kotong ng gobyerno sa atin. I guess ginagawa nila itong excessive kotong para ma-offset yung mga ninanakaw nila. Otherwise walang matitira pambayad utang sa ibang bansa at para sa pagpapatakbo ng gobyerno.

but if you think hard about it, you might decide that ours is really a more sensible proposition..
    for example, just how many automobile drivers are adept at driving motorcycles?
    and what is the logic in allowing a one-legged driver to drive a MT?
    and allowing a driver who learned and qualified in AT, to drive a MT? i wouldn't want to be inside that car.. (well, actually, i was in one once.. i wouldn't want to experience that again..)
    Last edited by dr. d; April 20th, 2014 at 11:40 AM.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    but if you think hard about it, you might decide that ours is really a more sensible proposition..
    for example, just how many automobile drivers are adept at driving motorcycles?
    and what is the logic in allowing a one-legged driver to drive a MT?
    and allowing a driver who learned and qualified in AT, to drive a MT? i wouldn't want to be inside that car..
    I was also thinking about that but thought that if this approach is not effective, lots of accidents caused by this approach, the US would have changed their policy. Plus here sa Pinas you can get a license without taking any test, another money making scheme. Traffic enforcers are interested more on kotong than ensuring the rules of the road are strictly adhere to. Bottom line politicians and government officials create rules to promote their self interest, in the guise of public service. But upon implementation, or lack of it, the true purpose is revealed. Usually to create more bureaucracy that breeds more corruption.

In their own words, politicians, the proof of the pudding is in the eating.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by e2romo View Post
    I was also thinking about that but thought that if this approach is not effective, lots of accidents caused by this approach, the US would have changed their policy. Plus here sa Pinas you can get a license without taking any test, another money making scheme. Traffic enforcers are interested more on kotong than ensuring the rules of the road are strictly adhere to. Bottom line politicians and government officials create rules to promote their self interest, in the guise of public service. But upon implementation, or lack of it, the true purpose is revealed. Usually to create more bureaucracy that breeds more corruption.

In their own words, politicians, the proof of the pudding is in the eating.

Point taken. The main difference of our rules and USA's rules lies in the traffic and driving conditions. We live in of the most congested cities in the world while US has the world's loneliest road. Also, wala sila jeepneys and tricycles and kuliglig and pedestrians suddenly coming out of nowhere and cutting you up.

In a word: Discipline

)

Sad but true.

Samsung N9005 powered by Smart posted using tsikot mobile app

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
License Restriction Code Guide Question [MERGED]