New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    alam ko yung automatic clutch only ay para sa mga pison na may automatic clutch

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    20vanda,
    Malaking sakit ng ulo ng friend mo, pre.
    Malaki-laki gagastusin niya diyan.
    Daming nasira, daming nasaktan.
    Kaliwat kanan demanda diyan. Ubos
    ang pera niya diyan all because of one
    slpit second of absent mindedness.
    Kaya when driving a vehicle, dapat lagi
    may presence of mind...

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    tsk tsk tsk....sama naman ng pasko at new year ng friend mong yan, 20vanda01.
    Signature

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Supierreman
    actually may napublish na article sa inquirer nyan noon dun sa motoring section.
    pag may restriction 2 ka superseded na yung restriction 4 kaya pwede ka magdrive ng matic.

afaik ang di pwede yung restriction 4 ka tapos drive mo manual
    from the LTO seminar i have attended in Cabuyao, if you have restriction code 2 and you are driving an automatic, this is a case of driving with IMPROPER license. an offense. so it is better for one to have 1, 2 & 4 altogether in the restriction code portion to save you from all hassles that you can think of. i don't think this is going to cost us more than 500 bucks to upgrade our RC. rather than experience a repeated offense over and over, of which the minimum penalty would start somewere in the 300s? you may never know what kind of traffic enforcer you might meet someday. so i believe it is better to do the right things right the first time. call it a worthwhile worry-free investment, if you will.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    it is understood that if you have RC 2 on your license, you could operate a vehicle with a manual or automatic transmission.

ang bopol naman ng nagpa seminar na yan sa LTO cabuyao.

LTO should have specified in RC 2 that anyone under that restriction could drive "vehicle with manual clutch up to 4500 kg GVW."

kung ang nakalagay ay "vehiche up to 4500 kg GVW," di naman nakalagay kung manual or automatic, that just means na pwede kang mag drive ng parehong manual and automatic transmission vehicle up to that specified weight.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by papa tots
    it is understood that if you have RC 2 on your license, you could operate a vehicle with a manual or automatic transmission.

ang bopol naman ng nagpa seminar na yan sa LTO cabuyao.

LTO should have specified in RC 2that anyone under that restriction could drive "vehicle with manual clutch up to 4500 kg GVW."

kung ang nakalagay ay "vehiche up to 4500 kg GVW," di naman nakalagay kung manual or automatic, that just means na pwede kang mag drive ng parehong manual and automatic transmission vehicle up to that specified weight.
    papa tots,

in fairness to the LTO people of cabuyao, its good nga that they specified this for us to know what to watch out for. you see, there are reasons why they (LTO) placed a distinction between driving a manual and an automatic transmission. i have a co-worker who is an amputee (right leg out). he drives an automatic and has a RC 4 on his license. he is not authorized to use manual transmission vehicles. i also have a friend who is blind on the left eye who also drives an automatic with a companion as per requirement of the LTO.

this is just to give way to rights of other people who are still capable to drive. actually, there are no inconvenience intentions here on these codes - just clear rules and regulations. you follow it, you won't have a problem. you find it somewhat weird and and an inconvenience, then we still have a right to air our issues and concerns.

pero kasi nga, it is the law, we are bound by it. let us suggest to them na lang what other things the LTO people could do to improve their service to us drivers.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by pyoyong1
    papa tots,

...i have a co-worker who is an amputee (right leg out). he drives an automatic and has a RC 4 on his license. he is not authorized to use manual transmission vehicles. i also have a friend who is blind on the left eye who also drives an automatic with a companion as per requirement of the LTO....
    di ba common sense naman na if you can drive an m/t vehicle, you can surely drive an a/t vehicle. but not the other way around 'coz its definitely easier to drive a/t than m/t.
    Signature

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by boybi
    Quote Originally Posted by pyoyong1
    papa tots,

...i have a co-worker who is an amputee (right leg out). he drives an automatic and has a RC 4 on his license. he is not authorized to use manual transmission vehicles. i also have a friend who is blind on the left eye who also drives an automatic with a companion as per requirement of the LTO....
    di ba common sense naman na if you can drive an m/t vehicle, you can surely drive an a/t vehicle. but not the other way around 'coz its definitely easier to drive a/t than m/t.
    agree boybi.

sana lang di tayo makatapat ng traffic enforcer who is hard to deal with. bottomline ko lang naman dito is how we could best avoid if not improve the present issues that we have concerning this matter of the RCs.

if i would have it my way, i'd like this RC to be improved so there could be an exception somewhere that could very well suit our needs in driving. but until then there is but just one way for us to drive freely and safely. and that is by following the law.

like the situation wherein that accident happened. if i was the one caught in that car, i don't think the courts will ever side with my saying "its just common sense" when it is clear that i have violated the law. hirap magpalusot sa totoo lang.

let us be careful wika nga. and sana we don't get presumptuous especially on matters pertaining to the law. preventive approach lang wika nga. parang defensive driving ba. :wink:

9. Join Date
    Dec 2002
    pwede po yan. "Vehicle up to 4500 kilograms G V W" meaning niyan vehicle up to 4500 kgs wala namang sinabing manual or automatic clutch.

10. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Do we really need to follow the restriction code found on our Drivers license? My restriction code is 1 and 2 which means i can only drive a motor cycle or a manual vehicle below 4500kg,does that mean i cannot drive a AT vehicle below 4500kg? Is it a violation when enforcers caught me driving an AT vehicle? TIA

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
License Restriction Code Guide Question [MERGED]