New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Unfortunately, this is not a permanent solution. Its just a band-aid to the current problems we have and it may or may not work (am betting on the latter).

I've been plying the EDSA route recently since my wife's job moved to Ortigas and I still have to work in Makati. Surprisingly, one thing I like about EDSA is that it moves. On other routes I take, I get stuck in traffic lights most of the time.

What I observed in EDSA though is that the problem is volume. No doubt about that. So unless they start charging tolls/fees like the ECP system in Singapore, it would be hard to solve this. Another solution is to create roadway tunnels, similar to the Big Dig in Boston, USA. Then again that would be expensive.

Some easy to implement items would be is to control bus stop locations. One example is northbound Boni. Instead of having the bus stop under the MRT station, have it all there in the Robinsons mall. We all know its a bottle neck at that point so why put bus stops near the MRT?

Another is close the U-turn under the Buendia Flyover. This would allow faster moving traffic north and south bound.

Reduce the number of buses as I see some buses are just 1/4 filled during rush hours. In addition, they should change the style of the buses to the low floor variant which carries more passengers (standing) and allows for easier ingress and egress.

Move some bus lines from EDSA to C5. Most commuters needs to go to EDSA just to go to either north of south of the metro. Example if I was to go from UP/Ateneo to Taguig/BGC, I would need to take a bus going to EDSA and go to Ayala and take another bus from there. If there was a line in C5, no need for me to congest EDSA further.

Expand MMDA traffic app to include more radial road (ex, Shaw from Pasig to Quiapo, Buendia from Roxas all the way to the end of Kalayaan Ave. etc)

Ensure that absolutely no point in EDSA ever flood!

Just throwing some suggestions here. . . paging Director Tolentino. .. .
    Last edited by Mguy; June 26th, 2013 at 03:14 PM.

2. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by IMm29 View Post
    Hard to tell the number of occupants with tinted windows, Bro.
    Tama ka naman diyan, bro... Yes, I (just) realized that....

E di, baba bintana bago pumasok ng carpool lane,- para ma check ng MMDA? Lagyan din ng boom bago makapasok....
    (Iyon mga with pay lanes sa CA Freeway, - may boom(?) bago ka makapasok... IIRC)....

Kung kulang,- may naka-ready nang mga sasakay >>> "hanggang kanto lang, ha?".... :hysterical:

19.8K:sailor:
    Last edited by CVT; June 26th, 2013 at 03:37 PM.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by CVT View Post

Tama ka naman diyan, bro... Yes, I (just) realized that....

E di, baba bintana bago pumasok ng carpool lane,- para ma check ng MMDA?

Kung kulang,- may naka-ready nang mga sasakay >>> "hanggang kanto lang, ha?".... :hysterical:

Nako... matutuwa nyan yung mga mahilig maki sabay na office mates.

Life size stuff toy kaya? :D

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Mguy View Post
    Just throwing some suggestions here. . . paging Director Tolentino. .. .
    Some of your suggestions are quite valid and apply to the real situation that is EDSA... but the number you dialed is currently unavailable.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by vinj View Post
    Nako... matutuwa nyan yung mga mahilig maki sabay na office mates.

Life size stuff toy kaya? :D
    Tama ka riyan bro... Buhay na buhay ang thread dito....

Di ba't mga car pool lanes sa CA,- mannequins ang ginagamit (at least 2 persons lang doon)?....

O, isinasama ang bata habang tulog pa, and then later,- ihahatid sa eskwela.... Hay buhay Amerika!...

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I guess it should it be Chairman Tolentino, pero that number cannot be reached rin.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    How about this daring experiment: No buses and/or any kind of PUV alonbg EDSA for one day.

For buses on provincial routes, no stopping along EDSA except at the bus terminal only.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    For me might as well give it a try, pag gumana eh di ok. pag hindi scrap it.

implementation is the key. Yung pag disiplina sa mga PUV drivers medyo milagro na ang kailangan natin diyan.

pagbigyan na natin. pag ang gobyerno walang solusyon may nasasabi tayo,

pag may hinain na solusyon (band-aid man) solusyon pa din yun may nasasabi pa rin tayo.

pero i just don't get how will this work?

i assume dun sa mga diretso lang ang byahe ang ubra gumamit ng zipper lane.

may MRT sa gitna ng edsa , how can you interchange lane kung gugustuhin mo? unless straight lang ang byahe ubra yan.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Yeah, saka pano yung mga mag u-uturn, may kasalubong sila

10. Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by HondaWay View Post
    Agree ako na ang root cause ng traffic sa EDSA, at kahit sa ibang kalsada, ay mga PUV na numero unong traffic violators.

Ang dahilan kung bakit di sila madesiplina ng mga traffic enforcers ay hindi rin sa katigasan ng ulo ng mba driver, ang totoong dahilan (ayon sa mga nakakausap nating PUV driver) ay may weekly suhol sila sa mga iyan. Kaya wala silang huli sa mga violations nila.

Pero alam rin naman natin na ang mga suhol na iyan ang umaabot hanggang sa itaas, so in the end palabas lang ng gobyerno yung kunwari inaayos nila. Para lang masabi na may ginagawa sila, kapag lumamig na sa media, tuloy ang ligaya (luluwag ulit mga implementation at tuloy ang suhol).
    Aside sa PUVs yung volume talaga ng vehicles ang cause ng trapik, with this volume and the lack of a better design, traffic talaga ang kalalabasan.. during normal days i usually make use of the yellow lane para makaiwas ng konti sa traffic and would notice na halos isang lane na lang natitira sa nga Bus because of the volume ... I guess there should be a better design where yung the PUVs eh sa outer lane nakapwesto, and the bus stops are elevated and the loading/unloading bay can be only accessed thru either underpass or overpass. Since dulo to dulo naman ang buses might as well let them have the outermost lane and the rest of the lanes ang sa private since private vehicles tend to exit the main highway.

Eto inedit ko isang picture to show my idea... pagpasensyahan nyo na MS paint lang yan hehehe...

The problem with the design is the left turning vehicles sa intersections.. malamang traffic lights should solve this (separate traffic light for Bus going forward and separate for vehicles going left and forward). The design is also not PWD-friendly. Dyan wala pa ko maisip na solusyon. hehehe.