New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2013
    MMDA mulls ‘zipper lane’ on EDSA
    By Perseus Echeminada (The Philippine Star) | Updated June 25, 2013 - 12:00am

MANILA, Philippines - The Metropolitan Manila Development Authority (MMDA) plans to expand the “zipper lane,” a counter-flow scheme currently being implemented along the Rockwell flyover in Makati, to EDSA, an official said yesterday.

“The zipper lane has been proven effective in easing traffic along Rockwell flyover,” MMDA Chairman Francis Tolentino told The STAR.

They are considering the scheme since the bulk of southbound vehicles come in from Quezon City in the morning while the traffic buildup on EDSA’s northbound lane occurs during the afternoon, he said.

One of EDSA’s southbound lanes will be open to northbound motorists from 7 a.m. to 10 a.m. while one of EDSA’s northbound lanes will be open to southbound motorists from 5 p.m. to 9 p.m., Tolentino added.

Tolentino, however, clarified that the MMDA’s Traffic Engineering Center is still finalizing its study of the proposed expansion of the zipper lane as part of a government program to ease traffic along EDSA and other major roads in the metropolis.

The MMDA chief said only light vehicles and private vehicles will be allowed on the proposed zipper lane. Road signs will be put up and U-turn slots closed while the counter-flow is in effect, he added.

Tolentino said if the EDSA zipper lane is a success, a similar scheme may be implemented along C5 Road.
    Ano sa tingin nyo mga kasama?

2. Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Wow. This will be great. I think. At least para sa sitwasyon ko. Based from experience din naman mascongested ang south bound sa morning then paggabi congested naman ang north bound. Excited na ko. Pero sana maganda pagkakaimplement. Delikado kasi counter flow lanes lalo na kung maluwag.

3. Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Parang baligtad pala no? Diba pag umaga traffic ang southbound???

4. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Wow I hope it doesn't create traffic on the opposite lane naman

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

5. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    This is a welcome development. I hope this will be implemented at the soonest time.

6. Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Ay o nga parang baliktad? If thats the case, nako. Mastatraffic pa pala lalo for me. Argh. Sana di na iimplement. Haha. Jk. Whatevers best for the majority.

7. Join Date
    Apr 2013
    ^ baka mali lang yung nagsulat ng News. Anyway, basa ko sa inquirer, bihira ko lang pala magagamit yan if ever, yun lang daw mga 3 or more ang sakay ang pwede gumamit nyang lane na yan. Carpool Lane? Hehehe

dapat bawal jan mga nakamotor

8. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    I think they will have a hard time implementing the 3 or more passengers requirement.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

9. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    What about fix the bus lanes first.

If they wanna serve the majority, then those are the commuters. Try niyo sumakay ng bus sa ortigas ilalim ng umaga or ng gabi.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    OT:

pwede bang tanggalin din ang mga asbu sa edsa.

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast