New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by 111prez View Post
    2. You are not solving the real cause of traffic and that is undisciplined public utility vehicles. Worse, if traffic eases up, guess who will choke it once again? My bet goes to these undisciplined PUV.

This is still the bottomline. Not another "stop gap" measure such as the "zipper lane".

Also, they CANNOT compare a EDSA counterflow to the Rockwell flyover counterflow. Why?
    - The Rockwell counterflow allows the traffic coming from Estrella Road going to EDSA, to merge more properly with EDSA traffic rather than turning right onto EDSA and block the flow from the first two lanes (bus lanes).
    - It does not take up an extra lane off the opposite lane as it uses the Rockwell flyover with minimal traffic in the morning and merges straight back onto the EDSA southbound lane.
    - That counterflow also eliminates the cars that are cutting across EDSA to get to the Buendia U-turn so they can go northbound and turn to the Fort; when they come down the flyover counterflow, they're already one the leftmost lane and are lined up properly to the U-turn slot or can go straight towards Makati/Pasay with ease. What really causes traffic in that area? The Buendia bus stop... duh.

FYI, MMDA should also notice that both lanes of EDSA can already get bad during rush hours whether it be at the morning or evening. I know because my daily route makes me use both northbound and southbound lanes during morning and evening rush hours.
    Last edited by vinj; June 26th, 2013 at 10:09 AM.

2. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Isn't there more people heading southward (Makait) in the morning from the north ( CAMANAVA) than the other way? Pero at night, parang both ways.
    Last edited by Monseratto; June 26th, 2013 at 10:24 AM.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by CVT View Post

To my mind,- dapat hindi zipper lane ang tawag diyan,- dapat "Carpool Lane" para sa ibang bansa...

Para implied na kailangan ay 3 or more passengers ang laman ng sasakyan.....

O parang thread dito na,- "makikisabay lang ako sa kanto, ha?"... :hysterical:

19.7K:boxing1:
    Hard to tell the number of occupants with tinted windows, Bro.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Antaba talaga ng utak ni chairman, wala ako masabi..

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by vinj View Post
    This is still the bottomline. Not another "stop gap" measure such as the "zipper lane".
    I agree with vinj and prez111. This is just another stop gap measure because they cannot discipline erring PUV drivers. That, indeed, is another issue altogether, but it is the underlying issue of traffic in the metropolis, other than the volume of vehicles on the road. (Much like the flooding issue is mainly because of the garbage in the metro's waterways, and the informal settlers who remain to be there and the flow of water that they hinder by being there.)

What I like about the solution, despite it being a stop gap, is that if implemented properly, it could work -- albeit for a while. I certainly hope, however, if they realize it fails or it isn't working anymore, they be man enough to stop it.

6. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    A bit OT, but while we're on the topic of disciplining PUV drivers, I think those in charge of enforcing discipline should be more qualified as well.

Heard it first hand from one of the bus drivers talking to his conductor: "Petiks lang yang blue boy na yan, eh sa hapon naglalako yan ng tubig eh. Ngayon dito siya sa Boni. Tingnan mo mamaya pagtapos ng shift niya, nasa Crossing yan nagbebenta ng Cobra."

Seriously, yung TE, vendor din. I'm not being a bigot or anything, but a traffic enforcer should have reached a certain level of education in order to at least understand the rules, and have the mindset that implementing them will be for the greater good.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    pointless. there are too many vehicles in EDSA. cancel all bus franchises and implement a new BRT system. yan ang solusyon.

OT: nagbu-bus ako dati papasok ng office. nung naimplement nila yung A-B-C bus scheme nila, mas tumagal travel time ko ng 30~45 minutes.

8. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    What about fix the bus lanes first.

If they wanna serve the majority, then those are the commuters. Try niyo sumakay ng bus sa ortigas ilalim ng umaga or ng gabi.
    +1 on this. our bus lanes don't make any sense using any sane traffic logic. ayusin muna yung mga `to para mawala rin `yung bottlenecks caused by the stops.

9. Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Agree ako na ang root cause ng traffic sa EDSA, at kahit sa ibang kalsada, ay mga PUV na numero unong traffic violators.

Ang dahilan kung bakit di sila madesiplina ng mga traffic enforcers ay hindi rin sa katigasan ng ulo ng mba driver, ang totoong dahilan (ayon sa mga nakakausap nating PUV driver) ay may weekly suhol sila sa mga iyan. Kaya wala silang huli sa mga violations nila.

Pero alam rin naman natin na ang mga suhol na iyan ang umaabot hanggang sa itaas, so in the end palabas lang ng gobyerno yung kunwari inaayos nila. Para lang masabi na may ginagawa sila, kapag lumamig na sa media, tuloy ang ligaya (luluwag ulit mga implementation at tuloy ang suhol).

10. Join Date
    Jun 2004
    tingin ko pandalian solusyon lang ito pero pag tumagal bali wala din.

ang kelangan sa tingin ko kasi palakihin ang kalsada. hirap lang sa EDSA sa itaas nalang pwedeng magdagdag ng kalsada.

tas ilagay ang PUV sa ilalim lang, sa taas private lang pwede dumaan

o kaya maglagay na ng toll sa EDSA

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast