New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by OTEP View Post
    Somebody actually did that tire changing thing on the nlex last month and died. He was still dead on the pavement when I arrived at the scene. Another vehicle did not see him parked on the fast lane and rammed the stalled vehicle from behind.
    Very good! Less 1 stupid citizen for this country, too late for him to learn his lesson. :death:

2. Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by crosswind View Post
    Mga nagcocounterflow mostly mga PUVS and at iba pang motorista sarap hintuan sa gitna saka babaran ng busina
    Kung pwede lang babaran ng busina, kaso masusunog busina ko.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Effective yung maghahazard lights lahat sa harap mo kapag heavy downpour. Ako yung tumabi saglit para huminto na lang. Gulo eh. Di mo alam kung yung nakikita mong ilaw eh left or right hazard light.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by leodawesome View Post
    Effective yung maghahazard lights lahat sa harap mo kapag heavy downpour. Ako yung tumabi saglit para huminto na lang. Gulo eh. Di mo alam kung yung nakikita mong ilaw eh left or right hazard light.
    ang bait mo naman. hehehe

5. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by leodawesome View Post
    i hope would-be flashers read this and understand....

6. Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Sa Slex notorious yung bago at makalampas ng 3 kilometers ng Sta. Rosa exit na overtaking lane hoggers... Lahat gusto andun kaya ang luwag ng kanan

Hindi nila napapansin dahil sa ginagawa nila mas peaceful ang rightmost lane... Natatawa na lang ako panoorin sila nagpupumilit magsisikan dun
    Sent from my Windows Phone 8 using Tapatalk

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by macsd View Post
    Very good! Less 1 stupid citizen for this country, too late for him to learn his lesson. :death:
    He had his wife and a relative with him in the car before he decided to replace the flat tire with half the car sticking out into the fastlane. Not sure if reports are true, but said guy allegedly asked his female passengers to alight from the vehicle and function as traffic enforcers. On the nlex, in the fast lane, AT 3AM!

It was still a bit difficult to explain and comfort the wife as to what his husband just did and went through, but its part of our job too...

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by OTEP View Post
    He had his wife and a relative with him in the car before he decided to replace the flat tire with half the car sticking out into the fastlane. Not sure if reports are true, but said guy allegedly asked his female passengers to alight from the vehicle and function as traffic enforcers. On the nlex, in the fast lane, AT 3AM!

It was still a bit difficult to explain and comfort the wife as to what his husband just did and went through, but its part of our job too...
    sounds like half a bowling alley...
    i haven't driven at nlex lately.. is there a lot of shoulder to pull over to?

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by glenn_duke View Post
    So if there is an ambulance with flashing lights in a medical emergency service, what should a typical Filipino driver response be?

1. Assess if the ambulance is going to turn left or right by checking its turn lights.
    2. Assess if the ambulance is in the direction I am heading so I can follow it and spare me from traffic.
    3. Assess if it I can beat it in the intersection and spare me the trouble of waiting for it to pass.
    4. Or act like I am from Mars, by giving way and stopping my vehicle out of its path.

Be Cautious, Life is Precious
    An added visibility will not harm you , but may save your life.
    If ambulance is coming from behind, you should yield to the right. If not possible, yield to the left. Just let the unit through.

If ambulance is approaching from opposite direction, verify if it has signaled any intention of turning as it might turn in your path. This is why the lousy ambulance companies get into crashes. They think other motorists are fortune tellers and will know their next move without having to warn others.

And we always educate the motoring public not to chase the ambulance just to check if there is a patient or to evade traffic. We do house calls, hospital calls (when colleagues in the o.r request for help on the patient they are operating), human organ transport, etc. All of which requires running what seems to be 'empty' ambulances (no patient on board). That's why our industry pals are now running around in cute little hatchbacks crammed with gear. Our transport officers are also trained to shake off tailgaters using acceptable tactical driving methods.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    sounds like half a bowling alley...
    i haven't driven at nlex lately.. is there a lot of shoulder to pull over to?
    There is space on the right side, on the left is either a concrete divider or a grassy median. Mr. Dead guy had a grassy median to pull of onto the left but maybe realized he cannot jack up his suv on the soft soil so he left half the vehicle protruding onto the overtaking lane.

What he should have done was pull over to the right and wait for nlex assistance before alighting from vehicle. Nlex personnel may opt not do the actual repair (e.g they may not know what do do and may cause more damage) but at least the patrol units have illuminated roof lights and arrowsticks to warn approaching motorists.

Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast