New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 20 1234511 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Interesting piece from James Deakin:

http://jamesdeakin.ph/deakin-article...-are-wrong.php

1) Turning Hazard lights on when driving in the rain

You wouldn’t pull the fire alarm unless there was a fire, so why use the hazards when you’re not a hazard? You may think that you’re making yourself more visible, but now there’s nothing distinguishing you from a car that has actually stalled and become a ‘hazard’ on the road that people need to avoid or that emergency crews can identify. That’s why they invented fog lamps, daytime running lamps and headlights/taillights. Use them accordingly. Please. I beg you.

2) Hogging the overtaking lane because I’m on the speed limit naman

Nobody voted you to be the human speed limiter so stop feeling that it is your duty to hold everyone up. The overtaking lane is there for––wait for it––overtaking. So hogging it when you have no intention to overtake is like standing in the only urinal of a crowded public bathroom when you’re not ready to go.

3) Blocking the intersection.

This is one of those things that if it has to even be explained, then you will never understand. And you must never be allowed to drive. Or reproduce.

4) Flashing your lights to tell someone you’re going to either not stop or when you want to turn in front of incoming traffic.

Strange phenomenon this. Many Pinoy drivers feel that when they are about to do something illegal, a quick flash of the lights automatically decriminalizes it. In other words, “I know I am about to turn into oncoming traffic and you’ll have to jam your brakes to avoid me, but I flashed you to tell you I’d do that. So that makes it ok.”

Sometimes they use the hazard for this as well, like when they want to counterflow or park illegally and wait for their passengers and will actually get angry with you if you tell them off because “naka hazard naman ako!” (I flashed you/had my hazard lights on) If that was true, they would have called it the immunity light and Napoles, Revilla, Jinggoy and Johnny would have had all their meetings using it and not be where they are today.

5) Contradicting the traffic lights.

Ok, this is more about the enforcers than the motorists, but it affects us greatly, sometimes fatally. A deputized traffic officer is authorized to override a traffic light, but they must switch it to flashing yellow so that the motorists, who are training their eyes above the intersection, know to approach with caution.
    O, yung mga nag-aaway sa paggamit ng hazard light sa ulan, dito kayo magsagutan para di OT sa ibang thread

2. Join Date
    Sep 2012
    May sasagot dyan... kasi nga low visibility tapos hindi naman daw sya switching lanes abruptly kaya safe daw pag nag hazard sya

3. Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Im quite guilty of no. 2 as I typically hog the left lane if the highway is busy but I usually let someone past if they approach me quickly. The traffic density of our highways are much higher than many countries so people tend to hog the overtaking lane. I know its not an excuse but early in the morning I tend to pick the middle lane if I can.

Another problem is the 2 lane stretches of Star Tollway and NLEX. The left lane goes 120kph and the right lane goes 60kph. Overtaking trucks one by one is more dangerous than hogging the left.

No. 4 is the most confusing one, there are numerous times wherein I don't know if the person who is flashing is going to stop or is telling me to stop

The traffic enforcers in ortigas are guilty of number 5 every single effing night. They probably intentionally confuse motorists so they can make kotong.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Pag naabutan po ako ng heavy rain sa daan at bumagsak ang visibility..

never po ako gumamit ng hazard light, rather, adjust the wiper setting to the max level, then turn on the headlight/para merong ilaw both front and rear,

kung nasa highway, maintain a 60KMS run, and avoid any abrupt braking, lalo kung hindi naka-ABS ang sasakyan.
    mas delikado,

Di ko rin po alam kung bakit nakasanayan ng ibang driver na mag-hazard during heavy rain?! para sa akin po, in my personal opinion,
    nakaka-confused po talaga ito at iniiwasan ko po yung mga naka-hazard, madalas yan, halos hindi nagkaka-layo ng distance yung mga naka-hazard during heavy rain situation...

5. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Most of these bad habits eh "nakasanayan na", mga turo pa siguro ng magulang. Just like anything na turo ng magulang or nakasanayan na, mahirap kumbinsihin sila na mali iyon at dapat baguhin.

Posted via Tsikot Mobile App

6. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by jodski View Post
    May sasagot dyan... kasi nga low visibility tapos hindi naman daw sya switching lanes abruptly kaya safe daw pag nag hazard sya
    and these are the same drivers who don't use their signal lights when switching lane or turning to a corner

Sent from Constantinople

7. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by BratPAQ View Post
    Most of these bad habits eh "nakasanayan na", mga turo pa siguro ng magulang. Just like anything na turo ng magulang or nakasanayan na, mahirap kumbinsihin sila na mali iyon at dapat baguhin.

Posted via Tsikot Mobile App
    Sir BratPAQ,

Each of every driver naman, lahat po dumaan sa basic knowledge about sa sasakyan from day 1 na natuto, very basic naman po about the concept difference between signal and hazard light, (maliban sa words, hehe, then the proper usage),

acceptable kung gagamit ng hazard light kung tumirik sa daan, o nabalahaw po sa pot hole, pero kung while driving in heavy rain situation?!

Quote Originally Posted by 170kphlang View Post
    and these are the same drivers who don't use their signal lights when switching lane or turning to a corner

Sent from Constantinople
    Agree for that Sir 170kphlang, Both highway and city in a flooded area,

Kung sa highway, bigla lilipat sa fast lane and the worst, tatakbo lang ng 40KPH, instead na mag-stay sa middle lane or right lane.
    quite risky pero kailangan unahan yung mga ganyang driver, delikado ang ginagawa nila, yung iba pa, hindi man lang naka-ilaw yung parking light or busted brake light, kaya... triple ingat talaga...

kung sa city naman, at baha ang isang road area, bigla na lang lilipat ng linya para umiwas po sa baha, or mas worse, biglang titigil, tapos bigla na lang aataras, o mag mane-obra, pabalik, isa rin po sa cause ng traffic....

8. Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Kasama ba sa motoring guidelines ng LTO ang proper use ng hazzard ligths?
    Or meron bang motoring guidelines ang LTO?

9. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by glenn_duke View Post
    Kasama ba sa motoring guidelines ng LTO ang proper use ng hazzard ligths?
    Or meron bang motoring guidelines ang LTO?

Wala po Sir glenn_duke, IIRC, during 2005, yung exams ko po for non-pro license, more on sa traffic signs and yung mga certain points kung kailan ka overtake (bago umakyat ng tulay) proper parking...

about sa signal lights wala po...to confirm it... ito po yung nasa download section ng LTO about the certain rules

http://lto.gov.ph/index.php/componen...11/74?Itemid=0

10. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    For those guilty of #2

580831_350195828405446_1404190706_n.jpg

Page 1 of 20 1234511 ... LastLast