Hi ! this is my first post here in Tsikot, Been hanging around for quite sometime
reading post on SUV and Cars.

Last Sept. 01, my '05 Hilux rear quarter window (left) was smashed till it fell inside the cabin and my valuables was stolen. The fact that I'm just several meters away from the vehicle, IF ONLY IF THE ALARM ACTIVATED I WOULD EASILY HEARD THE SOUND PLUS THE FLASHING OF THE LIGHTS. I verified it with Toyota Bicutan and they confirmed that the TVSS will activate only if the door was open. Holy Grail, even if all windows would be broken it will not alarm! Therefore the TVSS is just merely KEY LESS ENTRY.

If only they informed me of that TVSS I would upgrade to a better system. I spent more than P100,000 in the upgrades from the sound system, sliding bed cover, front and rear suspensions. Several thousand on the alarm upgrade would not make much difference in investment.

I email Toyota Phils and no reply so far. I requested toyota bicutan to upgrade the alarm at their cost but they gave me all the alibi's known to Phil. Car industry. I have brand new civic and lancer before both below P1 Million and yet they have decent alarm better than TVSS.

All Hilux and Fortuner Owners out there, better to check your TVSS because it may be on a mere KEY LESS ENTRY. Bad elements out there know the limitation of Hilux and Fortuner.

In the Future I will not acquire a Toyota Vehicle, the reply I recieve from Toyota Bicutan S U C K S !