New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2006
    RVT,

I'm sorry to hear about your bad experience with the TVSS.

At this price point, dapat talaga the TVSS should have given us more.

But as with everything we buy, we shouldn't take things for granted. Due diligence lang that we should still check what we get (...or before we even get it), even if its from a reputable manufacturer like Toyota.

I suggest you hang out other users' forums (like the Fortuner Club). You'll be shock (and glad) to learn more about your Hilux.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Toyota na nga ang pinakamainit sa mata ng mga carnappers, tapos ganyan pa. Chevy na lang tau, lol.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by HIFI View Post
    RVT,

I'm sorry to hear about your bad experience with the TVSS.

At this price point, dapat talaga the TVSS should have given us more.

But as with everything we buy, we shouldn't take things for granted. Due diligence lang that we should still check what we get (...or before we even get it), even if its from a reputable manufacturer like Toyota.

I suggest you hang out other users' forums (like the Fortuner Club). You'll be shock (and glad) to learn more about your Hilux.
    Thanks for the input. Will try to check the Fortuner Club . . .

4. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Just to update my case, I received several emails from Toyota Motor Phils. and Toyota Bicutan after being very insistent demand.

Now they confirmed to come to my office to check my car on monday (9/17/07). The irony was the car was repaired (window replaced/painting) in three days! While Toyota Motor phils has still to check my car on monday. I officially informed them Sept. 03, its running to almost two weeks by now! They have very nice apologetic letters where they were trained properly but the concern of the complain not being address real time. Engineers should be on the front line to customer in my opinion not only marketing reps who do not know to analyse root cause of problems.

Hope they will really come on monday, no last minutes excuses . . .

5. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Please let me know how you were able to address the problem with Toyota Phil., kindly PM me the email address and contact person.

I'm already bored with the reasons I'm getting with Service Advisors and Service Managers, I know and tested for sure that slapping hard the drivers side dash board will activate the shock sensor but slapping the body, tires and windows will not.

The VIOS E has a fairly good security alarm, while the IMV high end series sucks.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by rvt View Post
    Just to update my case, I received several emails from Toyota Motor Phils. and Toyota Bicutan after being very insistent demand.

Now they confirmed to come to my office to check my car on monday (9/17/07). The irony was the car was repaired (window replaced/painting) in three days! While Toyota Motor phils has still to check my car on monday. I officially informed them Sept. 03, its running to almost two weeks by now! They have very nice apologetic letters where they were trained properly but the concern of the complain not being address real time. Engineers should be on the front line to customer in my opinion not only marketing reps who do not know to analyse root cause of problems.

Hope they will really come on monday, no last minutes excuses . . .
    Ano na gawin nila Sir will they adjust the sensitivity on your Originals TVSS shocker sensor

7. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by Ventoy View Post
    Ano na gawin nila Sir will they adjust the sensitivity on your Originals TVSS shocker sensor
    First they will have to check if there is really a sensor because the Manual says some model has no sensor in the first place. According to their Manual an abnormal impact will trigger the alarm system but in my case no alarm has sounded when the window was broken.

The manual did not mention on the sensitivity adjustment of the alarm therefore not a function of the system.

Consumers like us should be very vigilant on cases like this so that we will not be victimized by lawless elements and by poor after sales service of car dealers.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Mile 2, You're wasting your time if you go to your service advisor.

What I did was email the customer hot line. Go to the Toyota Phils Website, look for the very small and very tiny letters " Customer Assistance Hot line " on the top left of the page. This will go directly to Main office of Toyota GT tower office. Certain Mr. Butch has replied to me after several days. . and so on. . .

I did not PM you intentionally so that others may know your experience with them good or bad. This is only our strength, without this email they will not listen to us. Actually I email my case to James Deaken of Phil. Star.

Again, let them go to you . . . . . don't waste your time in their Casa.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Parang mas maganda pa yung mumurahing alarms na nabibili sa Banaue at nakakabit in a couple of hours...at least you know what you're getting!

10. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by pup2 View Post
    Parang mas maganda pa yung mumurahing alarms na nabibili sa Banaue at nakakabit in a couple of hours...at least you know what you're getting!

Maybe you're right! Had NOT tried after market alarm before as the stock for works in all my brand new cars EXCEPT FOR THIS HILUX, MY FIRST TOYOTA BRAND.
    Nakakapagsisi! Actually may kwento pa kung bakit naka hilux ako . . . .

Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
Toyota Vehicle Security System (TVSS)