New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 9 of 203 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131959109 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    depende na rin kasi cguro sa manufacturers if they really want their engines to be compatible with biodiesel, we cant fault them din. so being informed about biodiesel compatibility is important, baka ung iba kasi di alam gamit nang gamit.

2. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by larshell
    So ang D4d engine ba is Euro4 complaint? kapag euro4 naba ang engine wont much sa euro2 fuel?
    Not quite sure if the D4D engine has been tested for EURO4 Compliance but for a vehicle to adhere to EURO4 Standards means that both the engine and the fuel quality must match. EURO4 measures emissions compliance(byproduct) and not hardware compliance. Some of the manufacturers advertise EURO4 compliance but if used with lower grade fuel then expect it to perform less that what is expected. Just my opinion bro

3. Join Date
    May 2005
    This morning i have the symtoms again Hard/Failed starting.I dont know if it is coz of cold weather.But on 2nd try ok na.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    My friend's friend was one of the developer of Innova where this guys spent a few months in Japan for this project. I have asked my friend to relay this problem to this guy. Hope to get an answer soon. Will let you know guys.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    twas cold last night, pero this morning, wla nman problem sa pag start. thank god

6. jagxtrm Guest
    guys, my brother gave me his advice... he has a innova d4d G m/t using petron diesel max (without biodiesel or any additives)...

before u stop the engine (by turning off the ignition), u MUST let the engine idle for at least 1 minute (off ang aircon para walang load) para daw mag slow down yng turbine ng turbo...

ang reason daw is to 'release' yng na-build up na pressure sa intake after running the engine at 1,800 rpm or more. also it will prevent early breakdown ng pipes due to 'unreleased' pressure. i think D4D turbo can generate up to 10 to 12 psi of pressure sa intake after running 80 kph or more.

nangyari sa kanya dati na nagmamadali cyang bumaba ng car, at pinatay nya agad yng engine ... pagbalik nya ng car hirap cyang mag start. after 5 mins nag try uli cya mag start & ang result is 1 click start na.

hanggang ngayon wala cyang problem sa hard starting ng innova d4d nya.

please also try this method to ur D4Ds ...
    wala naman mawawala sa inyo (except some more fuel consumed) pero for me mas better yng method nya kaysa naman ayaw mag start ng engine & u need to commute dahil ayaw umandar ng ride nyo...

7. Join Date
    May 2005
    I dont think it has something to do wd Turbo but i will try todo this also.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    larshell, hindi kaya sa mga additives na nilagay mo? samin pure diesoline ultra lng tlga gamit namin. wlang kaproblema problema

9. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by wilcats
    larshell, hindi kaya sa mga additives na nilagay mo? samin pure diesoline ultra lng tlga gamit namin. wlang kaproblema problema
    No i did not use any additives or biodiesel im afraid to void my warranty .

10. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    IMHO...i think the winding down of the turbo doesn't have to do anything with the failed/hard start-up. (Maybe it does, in an indirect way) It looks like its a matter of engine/fuel mismatch. (FYI, the disadvantages of shutting the engine w/out winding the turbo down has been discussed in previous posts)....just my opinion. I also haven't experienced any of these hard start-up. Haven't been using additives/biodiesel, either.

Btw, anybody got the OEM turbo timer already? Kung meron man, saan nabibili ito? Meron na ba sa mga Toyota dealers? Thanks!

Toyota D4D engine woes