New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 203 FirstFirst 12345671353103 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by theveed
    i think kung may issue man it's the diesel quality not the engine
    yeah, i think so, too. Remember, a 2.0l D4D was already fitted on the '03 RAV4 (although not released here in Phils) and if the D4D technology package is faulty, they've probably corrected it already.... I bet more on fuel quality.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    yup, fuel quality is the usual culprit sa mga crdi engines/ injectors.

try switching to another gas station. choose a station who has a lot of customers and a clean place. these usually translates to them having a higher priority to their customers than profit. IMHO

3. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by larshell
    Diesel fuel is one factor but Toyota should know this! Im having this problem wd my Innova G diesel and my ODO reading is 5057 only. I also owned 4jx1 Trooper 65k na nagloko ang engine. Dapat kung hindi compatible ang mga engine na ito di sila dapat naglabas dito!Kung hindi pa kayo nakakabili ng D4D wag nalang kayo bumili.
    Hi, would you mind giving specific symptoms of your problem? choking would mean ba na nalulunod/ palya? when? during starting or shifting? etc

4. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Toyota will increase by 6% because of the EVAT.

5. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by KCboy
    i think toyota anticipated the problem and have already installed 2 fuel filters in the d4d engines that way the engines run smoothly and hopefully trouble free.
    IMHO,
    The extra fuel filters are only band-aid solutions. Its better if our oil companies clean their diesels.

6. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    at least toyota is doing something, fat chance the big 3 will clean up their diesel anytime soon

7. Join Date
    May 2005
    I just got back from Toyota Balintawak Main fuel pump daw ang comon problem ng D4D at Toyota Balintawak alone im # 15 na may ganitong reklamo. For diagnostic palang i have to wait for the whole day then kung pump daw ang sira they have to order pa daw. Baka Saturday afternoon pa matapos ang unit ko.
    Kaka Bwisit! If i were you dont buy toyota D4D engine. D4D Suck! :fire:

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    yaiks!

9. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    ganon ba.. buti nalang vvti ang unit ko..

10. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    kapag naglagay ka ba ng unclean diesel sa d4d mo or crdi tapos masira, pasok pa sa warranty 'to?

Toyota D4D engine woes