New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 122 of 203 FirstFirst ... 2272112118119120121122123124125126132172 ... LastLast
Results 1,211 to 1,220 of 2023
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by praetorian View Post
    Just my two cents:

It's good for people to have a public forum like this where they can air their own views, opinions and experiences regarding car ownership. Unlike in the US where consumer rights and opinions are held in high regard, Philippine companies (not just but especially Philippine car companies) generally regard consumer rights as something they'd rather bury - I think it's more of a PR problem on their part rather than a real concern for the buying public. That said, readers of problems like the D4D woes aired on this thread should take everything with a grain of salt, make even more inquiries about the problem and then make up their own minds instead of just bashing the posters.

Cheers!
    Thanks, you are right a public forum should present all sides and refrain from bashing other posters with different opinions. This is the only way to enrich and improve the quality of this thread's discussion, by a logical discussion of the issues, free from sarcasm,biases and flippant remarks!

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by agreyes7110 View Post
    Thanks, you are right a public forum should present all sides and refrain from bashing other posters with different opinions. This is the only way to enrich and improve the quality of this thread's discussion, by a logical discussion of the issues, free from sarcasm and biases.
    But you just said...

Quote Originally Posted by agreyes7110
    Pack-up na talaga ang ibang car manufacturers, siguro black propaganda na lang pag-asa nila!
    From there, I can deduce that you are bashing those that are having problems with their D4D engines by hinting that they are part of the "black propaganda" being done by other car manufacturers.

I wouldn't even call that statement free from sarcasm to those affected by the D4D problem and/or bias for your car's manufacturer.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    oooppss..

4. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    hehehe..... nagiging active talaga mga thread kapag me lumalabas na mga fanboys.

Kudos to "most" tsikot members for being so level headed. One thing I can say is
    they say it like it is regardless of the brand. Unbiased ang mga reviews.

5. Join Date
    May 2005

6. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by mikey177 View Post
    I tried the two-minute car observation test along McArthur Highway, and during that time I saw
    1 Innova
    0 Fortuners
    30 tricycles
    6 Civics
    2 Pajeros
    6 passenger buses
    10 cargo trucks
    and a motley assortment of other brands and makes of vehicles.

So does that mean the people of Pangasinan are unwise buyers because there are more Civics than Innovas on the road here? Or maybe, since I saw so many tricycles, I should sell my Starex and buy a tricycle since it's so popular here

hahaha! naisama din kaya nya sa bilang yun mga nag-u-turn na innova at fortuner

7. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by OTEP View Post
    These guys can't even tell the public that the Hilux rides like it had cement in its tires. Let alone mention an engine problem.
    Bwahahahaha!!!!

My back still aches from the Fortuner test drive... don't get me wrong, I'd give my left lung for the 3.0 D4D engine, but seriously, that suspension could cause a miscarriage!

-----

RE: Buy a car because there are lots of them on the road?

Last time I was at Baguio country club, I saw 40 Sentras in the parking lot. Taxis, service cars, private vehicles, tons of Exaltas, some older Sentras...

I saw maybe two Corollas... and a Pajero, I think.

Based on this, I think we should all be driving Sentras... but of course, I don't bear any love for the crap Yulon dumps on us (ex-Sentra owner, still a Nissan fanboy, but disappointed with Nissan Philippines).

-----

I, too, think the "D4D issue" should be taken with a grain of salt, as I know quite a few D4D owners with no problems, but that doesn't mean the issue does not exist. People are suffering from it, and Toyota knows there's an issue (there's documentation proving this already!)...

So, is it black propaganda? I think not. Tsikot is a community of owners, and we post our problems out of concern for other owners. I'm a Ford owner, and when I give advice about Ford cars, I do relay my bad experiences and those of other Ford owners to a potential buyer.

We have Optra owners, some of whom will tell you very matter of factly what's wrong with their cars.

We have Honda owners who can't quit complaining about Honda's interior quality nowadays (and it's all true...).

So... should we show our bias and not talk about Toyota's shortcomings, hmmm???

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

8. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    Bwahahahaha!!!!

My back still aches from the Fortuner test drive... don't get me wrong, I'd give my left lung for the 3.0 D4D engine, but seriously, that suspension could cause a miscarriage!
    If you are talking about the Fortuner's bumpiness on the road, its actually not as bad as you make it sound like. It has the tendency to bounce but really nowhere as bad as the rodeo bouncing bronco in a L300 Versa Van or Exceed (PHDM).

9. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Oh, from the front, the Fortuner is actually very good. It was very nice to drive, actually.

But being a very conscientious test-driver, I did something 99.99% of testers never do...

I rode in the third row for two hours. It wasn't a good experience.

It's not barf-bag bad, like many old leaf-spring vehicles, but it's pretty bad for a coil-spring equipped ride. If only the rear end was tuned as well as the front... ...by the way, the miscarriage comment wasn't mine, originally... but I think it was aimed at the Everest.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

10. Join Date
    May 2005
    Oh, from the front, the Fortuner is actually very good. It was very nice to drive, actually.
    I agree here, because I always sit infront, either driver or passenger seats.

But being a very conscientious test-driver, I did something 99.99% of testers never do...

I rode in the third row for two hours. It wasn't a good experience.

It's not barf-bag bad, like many old leaf-spring vehicles, but it's pretty bad for a coil-spring equipped ride. If only the rear end was tuned as well as the front... ...by the way, the miscarriage comment wasn't mine, originally... but I think it was aimed at the Everest.
    I haven't done this yet and I dont think I will ever, after your heads up.

Toyota D4D engine woes