New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 540 of 548 FirstFirst ... 440490530536537538539540541542543544 ... LastLast
Results 5,391 to 5,400 of 5477
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by H1Tman View Post
    That’s also what I’m thinking. I’ve known the replacement brand as reliable naman.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    if the belt is not pressuring it naman,
    my guess is,
    there's something askew with the mounting of the pump into the engine...

2. Join Date
    Dec 2019
    price difference only by the name casted on the water pump. In the end it's the same part that was manufactured by Aisin.

3. Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Or Maybe it’s not the water pump this time? Toyota Corolla 11th Generation Altis [Merged Threads] I just went to another trusted mechanic, he noticed that the auxiliary fan is really wobbly, mahina na daw motor. He said the (bird chirping) sound is not coming from the water pump side. He also said palitin na serpentine belt kaya umiiyak.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Or Maybe it’s not the water pump this time? Toyota Corolla 11th Generation Altis [Merged Threads] I just went to another trusted mechanic, he noticed that the auxiliary fan is really wobbly, mahina na daw motor. He said the (bird chirping) sound is not coming from the water pump side. He also said palitin na serpentine belt kaya umiiyak.

chirping sound?
    in my car, that would be the idler pulley. does this car have an idler pulley?
    i can make the birds disappear for 2 weeks with a squirt of lubricant, but it's sure to return.
    the permanent fix is replacement.

wobbly aux fan?
    try tightening the turnilyos first.

but i have a question to the post-er.
    how did you conclude that the water pump needed replacing?

5. Join Date
    Apr 2005
    It was based on previous experience doc. Twice na napalitan water pump with same symptoms.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    It was based on previous experience doc. Twice na napalitan water pump with same symptoms.

in my opinion, the symptoms of worn water pump, include leaking and overheating.
    what was your symptom, sir?

i apologize if i seem to be pushing the question,
    but i suspect there was nothing wrong with your pump.
    Last edited by dr. d; May 8th, 2021 at 09:47 PM.

7. Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    in my opinion, the symptoms of worn water pump, include leaking and overheating.
    what was your symptom, sir?

i apologize if i seem to be pushing the question,
    but i suspect there was nothing wrong with your pump.
    started with bird chirping sound which later on became a whistling sound. it was not leaking but suspected the pulley, and the sound was gone after wp replacement.

8. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by ruelle41 View Post
    Sa mga naka cvt, kamusta cvt ninyo? Probably may mga high mileage units na. I am wondering what to expect in terms of reliability and maintenance in the long term. Got a used 2014 model with 64k on the clock. Looked in the manual and walang specific about sa pagpalit ng cvt fluid, something lang about changing them at 80k if heavily used yung sasakyan (like if pinang-taxi like grab/uber). Pero nothing about normal use

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk
    Share lang, did my 70k service awhile ago at Toyota Marikina. Nung rinequest ko sa Service Advisor, rinecommend niya na sa 100k na gawin, usually ganoong mileage daw nagrereplace ng cvt fluid sa kanila. Medyo pinush ko pa rin and pumayag din naman. Cost for the CVT fluid change is around 750-labor, 2230-CVT FE 4L, total 3k + oil change costs. Rinequest ko actually na makita sana yung tinanggal nila na fluid, pero nalimutan siguro itabi or something nung mekaniko. Pero cinomment ni SA na maitim daw yung nakita nilang fluid, so I guess good thing na napalitan na. Hopefully walang biglaang i-reveal na damage sa CVT yung change

9. Join Date
    Apr 2005
    May recommended shop ba for CVT fluid oil change?

10. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    May recommended shop ba for CVT fluid oil change?

Saan location mo?