New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 136 of 357 FirstFirst ... 3686126132133134135136137138139140146186236 ... LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,360 of 3568
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by stavros View Post
    Dont base it on the display,manual computation dapat. At learn how to obey the speed limit.
    I've computed the inaccuracy of my MID several times, which is 0.3 km/L optimistic. I didn't fill my tank up to the brim yesterday so I wouldn't have had an accurate reading anyway.

As for my speed, go on, castigate me.
    I'd prefer to go over the speed limit and stay alert than fall asleep at the wheel

2. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by pmv11086 View Post
    hello fellow altis owners, may question lang ako sa altis namin na 1.6E manual.

kasi whenever i change gear at approximately 1800rpm, tumataas ang rev ko pag inaapakan ko yung clutch to like 2200 rpm. alam nyo po ba kung bakit ganun? sorry po mejo magulo..

thanks in advance
    ganyan din sakin kung minsan...pag apak sa clutch tataas ung rev. tas parang may whizling or uggong sound pag accelerate ka. di b dapat baba ung rev pag clutch mo? totally release naman yung acceleratorpedal ko...btw 2013 altis.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Mine too, pag nagswitch gears tataas revs ko then bababa pag nakapasok na yun gear. Not an Altis, but a Vios 2012 MT. Walang unusual sound though, so it never really bothered me.

Sent from my GT-P7310 using Tapatalk 2
    Last edited by renzo_d10; December 1st, 2012 at 02:08 PM.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by templar101 View Post
    ganyan din sakin kung minsan...pag apak sa clutch tataas ung rev. tas parang may whizling or uggong sound pag accelerate ka. di b dapat baba ung rev pag clutch mo? totally release naman yung acceleratorpedal ko...btw 2013 altis.
    Mine too, actually even from 3rd gear going to Neutral, nagiging erratic yung aking RPM it goes up and down until you went to a full stop or kapag nakapasok na sa ibang gear and release the clutch. I am having my unit serviced at TOYOTA and I am still waiting for their response, I hope it's nothing serious 'though. I have complained as well regarding the rattling or vibrating sound on my dashboard and B pillar.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Aleman View Post
    Mine too, actually even from 3rd gear going to Neutral, nagiging erratic yung aking RPM it goes up and down until you went to a full stop or kapag nakapasok na sa ibang gear and release the clutch. I am having my unit serviced at TOYOTA and I am still waiting for their response, I hope it's nothing serious 'though. I have complained as well regarding the rattling or vibrating sound on my dashboard and B pillar.
    That's abnormal already, glad you had it checked.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    I've computed the inaccuracy of my MID several times, which is 0.3 km/L optimistic. I didn't fill my tank up to the brim yesterday so I wouldn't have had an accurate reading anyway.

As for my speed, go on, castigate me.
    I'd prefer to go over the speed limit and stay alert than fall asleep at the wheel
    Crooked reasoning. Buti sana kung ikaw lang nasa kalye. Mga ganyan tao wala dapat license.

7. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by stavros View Post
    Crooked reasoning. Buti sana kung ikaw lang nasa kalye. Mga ganyan tao wala dapat license.
    Well actually, for a good part on the SCTEX, ako lang talaga.

In any case, there are a lot of other more dangerous driving circumstances that put more motorists at risk - poorly maintained cars with crappy brakes and tires, erratic driving without proper signals and consideration for others on the road, texting while driving, and so on. But time and time again in this forum, people are so quick to judge those who go over the speed limit as if it was a cardinal sin.

8. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by renzo_d10 View Post
    Mine too, pag nagswitch gears tataas revs ko then bababa pag nakapasok na yun gear. Not an Altis, but a Vios 2012 MT. Walang unusual sound though, so it never really bothered me.

Ako naman experience ko with a manual Innova, even after you've let go of the accelerator, may lag pa yung throttle so when you press on the clutch immediately after releasing the throttle, it feels a bit like sinabay mo yung dalawa. So parang mahirap talaga magshift ng mabilis with it. Not sure if ganito yung sinasabi niyo though..

9. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    Well actually, for a good part on the SCTEX, ako lang talaga.

In any case, there are a lot of other more dangerous driving circumstances that put more motorists at risk - poorly maintained cars with crappy brakes and tires, erratic driving without proper signals and consideration for others on the road, texting while driving, and so on. But time and time again in this forum, people are so quick to judge those who go over the speed limit as if it was a cardinal sin.
    actually, it is very difficult to justify overspeeding...
    it's just that so many drivers do it, it would seem to lighten the sin, to the point that it would seem it were not a sin anymore..
    if you want to kill yourself, don't include us slowpoke drivers who abide by speed limits..
    galit ako sa speed freaks on public roads. they are the rudest of motorists.
    .. and you did invite castigation...

10. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    actually, it is very difficult to justify overspeeding...
    it's just that so many drivers do it, it would seem to lighten the sin, to the point that it would seem it were not a sin anymore..
    if you want to kill yourself, don't include us slowpoke drivers who abide by speed limits..
    galit ako sa speed freaks on public roads. they are the rudest of motorists.
    .. and you did invite castigation...
    That's fine. It's not as if I gauge my moral/social acceptance from the opinions of faceless forumers.

Though I must ask, how is it any more rude that I'm doing 190 on an empty stretch of the SCTEX with noone else on the road, as compared to douches on NLEX doing 100 but are swerving like there's no tomorrow, cutting people off and forcing them to haphazardly apply their brakes?

By the way, I'd never drive fast if I was uncertain my car couldn't handle it. I do ensure that my engine's running well, my brakes are biting properly, and my tires are in good condition to run at sustained high speeds. But then again, all who break the speed limits arbitrarily set by the highway authorities are satan's spawns, right?

Toyota Corolla 10th Generation Altis Owners [continued]