New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines



Page 291 of 329 FirstFirst ... 191241281287288289290291292293294295301 ... LastLast
Results 2,901 to 2,910 of 3286
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    511
    #2901
    Quote Originally Posted by Ewric View Post
    guys normal ba na halos 10k ang damage ni casa sa change oil and checkup etc lang? walang pinalitang parts...
    Quote Originally Posted by Ewric View Post
    current reading ng odometer 80k...
    Hi!

    I think PhP 10,000 for an 80,000-KM PMS should not be surprising.

    Just for your reference: my gen 10's 40,000-KM PMS cost me PhP 14,715.65 back in April 2015. Here are what I paid for:

    - brake fluid
    - fully synthetic oil
    - "Element S/A, Air" (air filter, I suppose)
    - spark plugs
    - gasket
    - oil filter
    - "Element, Air Refiner" (what the H; I'm such a noob!)
    - TWWF W765
    - front brake pads
    - washer-based bolts
    - "Miscel. A"
    - grease
    - brake cleaner
    - sand paper
    - de-carbonization

    Cost disaggregation:

    Add: Labor --------------- 1,941.25
    Add: Parts --------------- 9,360.38
    Add: Oil, Lubricant, etc. -- 3,532.59
    Add: Tax -----------------1,576.68
    Less: Loyalty discount: -- (1,695.25)

    TOTAL: PhP 14,715.65

  2. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    93
    #2902
    thanks Altuy....

    Sent from my HUAWEI MT7-TL10 using Tsikot Forums mobile app

  3. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    37,417
    #2903
    Quote Originally Posted by Altuy View Post
    Hi!

    I think PhP 10,000 for an 80,000-KM PMS should not be surprising.

    Just for your reference: my gen 10's 40,000-KM PMS cost me PhP 14,715.65 back in April 2015. Here are what I paid for:

    - brake fluid
    - fully synthetic oil
    - "Element S/A, Air" (air filter, I suppose)
    - spark plugs
    - gasket
    - oil filter
    - "Element, Air Refiner" (what the H; I'm such a noob!)
    - TWWF W765
    - front brake pads
    - washer-based bolts
    - "Miscel. A"
    - grease
    - brake cleaner
    - sand paper
    - de-carbonization

    Cost disaggregation:

    Add: Labor --------------- 1,941.25
    Add: Parts --------------- 9,360.38
    Add: Oil, Lubricant, etc. -- 3,532.59
    Add: Tax -----------------1,576.68
    Less: Loyalty discount: -- (1,695.25)

    TOTAL: PhP 14,715.65
    magkano po yung synthetic oil alone?

  4. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    46,052
    #2904
    Yup. Ang alam ko mura yung nasa 5k (15k, 25k, 35k, 45k etc) kasi walang parts na pinapaltan.

    Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

  5. Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    317
    #2905
    Quote Originally Posted by vinj View Post
    ^ I checked online and WS is the fully-synthetic, "lifetime fluid" that toyota has been pushing. Part number is 08886-02305.

    LSB was also complaining about this on his Vios also because any self respecting car guy will not feel at ease without changing his ATF during the times he feels it should be changed (or as specified). I myself had a not-so-great experience with a BMW E36 before when i was told by the SA at BMW that there was no need to change the ATF; "lifetime" daw. A few months later, the tranny failed and a post mortem showed that there was some water contamination; something an ATF flush could have saved.

    From what i gather, the press release is that WS is not similar in spec to the mineral based T-IV. However, some owners using a Toyota Tundra in the US have switched to another oil and so far reported that their transmissions were running fine. Whether we would try it or not, I will have to experience it firsthand with another car before doing the plunge on mine. One thing to consider though is that given that the Gen 10 Altis is a 4-speed and is using the ZZ engine similar to the 9th Gen Corolla, i'm thinking that the T-IV transmission fluid is still compatible.

    If you confirm though that the WS is what's used in your car, and your car is driven normally with no towing or carrying of heavy loads, and it doesn't ford deep floods, then you can consider extending your ATF drain interval (i.e. instead of draining at 40,000kms, change it at 80,000kms). Then you change using the Toyota WS. Even if you pay more, at least the intervals are longer.

    Here are some tidbits that can probably help since it shows the transmission codes and you can try to match it up with the one on your Altis: (from G6 Automobile - Products & Equipments)

    Hi,

    Has anyone tried other ATF brands like Mag1 or Eneos (of same Dexron 3 rating) on Altis? Mine is a 2007 G AT model.

    You see I've used both in my problematic Ford Everest 2014 and both worked very well, taking out shift shock and increased torque.


    Sid

  6. Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    317
    #2906
    Quote Originally Posted by green_machine View Post
    Uhm... increase the volume of your stereo? Hehe... joke lang. May nabasa ako dito noon na nilagyan ng styro yung parang panel gap sa may steering wheel at dashboard. Paki-backread na lang po kasi nakalimutan ko na kung ano yun exactly...

    Try using "Silicone Bump-ons" , it come is different sizes and thickness. You can get these at home depots.

    They are clear and sturdy rattle solvers than styros.

  7. Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    511
    #2907
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    magkano po yung synthetic oil alone?
    PhP 570.53 per liter, doc. This is from April 2015. Fully synthetic.

    After more than 2 years, it's priced at PhP 583.65 per liter. Hehehe...

  8. Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    511
    #2908
    I just want to share this with you, guys:

    I bought (had to buy, actually) a new pair of wipers yesterday... Denso. PhP 1,399.50 for a 24-inch and a 16-inch.


  9. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    37,417
    #2909
    Quote Originally Posted by Altuy View Post
    I just want to share this with you, guys:

    I bought (had to buy, actually) a new pair of wipers yesterday... Denso. PhP 1,399.50 for a 24-inch and a 16-inch.

    kuripot ako.
    i use refills. 140 bucks a pair. cut to proper length.
    even if i had change twice a year, i'm still way ahead...

  10. Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    511
    #2910
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    kuripot ako.
    i use refills. 140 bucks a pair. cut to proper length.
    even if i had change twice a year, i'm still way ahead...
    Wow...

    Does it not chatter, doc?

Toyota Corolla 10th Generation Altis Owners [continued]