New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 147 of 147 FirstFirst ... 4797137143144145146147
Results 1,461 to 1,470 of 1470
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by boytbak View Post
    hindi updated yan toyota website 6 speed na po bago ngayon..

sa 2011 altis me rattling pa din.. panu ba mawawala yun? pag batong semento kalsada daanan ko nagrarattle nakakairita
    I have experience same rattling problem with my Altis 10th Gen. The first location of rattling I have found out is on the air filter, the rubber/foam seal is missing!! another location is on the dash board. when i have my car check by Toyota-Baguio, they told me that the rattling is due to a loose screw, I don't know where in the dash board exactly this screws are located. the casa were able to fixed it (after 2 trips to the Toyota-Baguio). the 3rd location is on the seatbelt at the rear.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Hi,

I've been reading the forums already prior to buying a new car, I purchased an Altis last July and everything felt well except for the rattling of the pillars in front which was fixed by the casa.

However, I noticed this whistling sound whenever I am cruising at a particular speed; didn't think much of it though until 2 weeks ago when I met someone saying that the A/T variants of the Altis have that whistling sound whenever they are cruising at 50-60kph. He says it's a problem with the transmission.

Now, I took better attention of mine, it gets that whistling sound whenever I'm doing 30-40kph regardless of whether I'm accelerating or decelerating. Should I be concerned? Is that really a transmission problem that Toyota is not admitting?

By the way, my car is a 1.6G M/T.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by boytbak View Post
    hindi updated yan toyota website 6 speed na po bago ngayon..

sa 2011 altis me rattling pa din.. panu ba mawawala yun? pag batong semento kalsada daanan ko nagrarattle nakakairita
    Puro rattling talaga itong gen ng altis na 'to. The most common case of rattle are from the pillars. Alam na ng casa yan, so dalhin mo nalang sa kanila. Lalagyan nila ng foam sa loob. But now I have one in my brake pedal. Hindi alam gawin ng casa kaya nakakaturn off talaga minsan.

BTW, 6-speed na pala manual ngayon? wow, sarap sa hi-way.

4. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by kafph2000 View Post
    Puro rattling talaga itong gen ng altis na 'to. The most common case of rattle are from the pillars. Alam na ng casa yan, so dalhin mo nalang sa kanila. Lalagyan nila ng foam sa loob. But now I have one in my brake pedal. Hindi alam gawin ng casa kaya nakakaturn off talaga minsan.

BTW, 6-speed na pala manual ngayon? wow, sarap sa hi-way.
    Ok na ko sa rattling kaysa madali masirang parts :D

5. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by simple juan View Post
    I have experience same rattling problem with my Altis 10th Gen. The first location of rattling I have found out is on the air filter, the rubber/foam seal is missing!! another location is on the dash board. when i have my car check by Toyota-Baguio, they told me that the rattling is due to a loose screw, I don't know where in the dash board exactly this screws are located. the casa were able to fixed it (after 2 trips to the Toyota-Baguio). the 3rd location is on the seatbelt at the rear.
    hi. im also experiencing the rattling problem pero yung sa akin, sa glove compartment ko naririnig yung rattle. has anyone experienced the same? ano po yung solution?

[my ride is altis 2011 model 1.6E M/T]

6. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by jimbooze View Post
    hi. im also experiencing the rattling problem pero yung sa akin, sa glove compartment ko naririnig yung rattle. has anyone experienced the same? ano po yung solution?

[my ride is altis 2011 model 1.6E M/T]
    I told myself that I will have two things to gripe about regarding this new altis. first is if this new altis will have no more rattles; second is if the dual-vvti engine will dramatically improve fc (i'm satisfactorily averaging 12-13kms/L on my ZZ 1.6Gmanual, 40% hi-way driving).

Seems like I would stay a contented man as far as the rattles are concerned

Grabe naman ang toyota, parang hindi na nakikinig sa mga consumers. For three years ang daming nagco-complain about rattles and yet the problem persisted despite the car's midlife "upgrade".

7. Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Hi! I just got my 2011 black Altis 1.6G. Ride is smooth and responsive. I do hear some rattling from the dashboard. Usually early in the morning after starting the car but it vanishes after a few minutes of driving. I'll observe further.

8. Join Date
    Jun 2010
    I bet every unit of this model has rattling sounds.
    Although I think Toyota tried to address it by placing insulation almost everywhere. But still no good. Otherwise, it's a great ride.
    Kamusta kaya mga cabin ng rivals natin na honda civic at chevy cruze.

Btw, just to share. Yesterday, something hit my rear right door while I was driving at 30kph. When I checked it out, there were 2 spots of chipped off paint. :|
    I guess it's a rock flying from nowhere. Bad vibes.
    How easy it is for the paint to chip off, considering that I was only driving at 30kph and no other vehicles were beside me. Now I'm wondering what really hit my door.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by kafph2000 View Post
    I bet every unit of this model has rattling sounds.
    Although I think Toyota tried to address it by placing insulation almost everywhere. But still no good. Otherwise, it's a great ride.
    Kamusta kaya mga cabin ng rivals natin na honda civic at chevy cruze.
    mukhang rattling din ang civic FD...
    http://www.autoindustriya.com/talkbo...ems/msg278512/

dunno about the cruze though...

sir kafph2000, any luck on our brake pedal rattle? tingin ko this rattle might be mistaken by some as the "steering column" rattle that have also been reported and thus, not that uncommon.

10. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    feeling ko normal lang rattling kasi mga clips talaga ng dash lumuluwag.. sa fd civic me rattling din yun bago nasakyan ko sa friend ko..

but wala naman rattling kapag patag un daan e.. mabwisit talaga tayo if yun rattling kahit na spalto e umiingay hehe..

pero me remedy ba dito? un totally nawala talaga? share naman para hindi na dalhin sa casa.. kasi kung tatangalin yun dash e dibale na lang titiisin k na lang hehe mamaya me madali pa un mga taga casa e..

---------------------------

MODERATOR'S NOTE:

This thread is continued at:

http://tsikot.yehey.com/forums/showthread.php?t=76215

Last edited by ghosthunter; November 25th, 2010 at 05:30 PM.