New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    If the car is in good condition, it is a GO-GO for me. The Altis having survived 300k can survive another 300tkms or even more IMO. As long as it is in normal condition as it is right now. Tapos tawadan mo pa 120K if kaya ni father patawaran pa. ;)

2. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    honestly... for a 2001 model vehicle with that mileage.. its a bit high.. if the company is selling it, they should just sell it maybe 10% of the acquisition value... from what i understand some companies fully depreciate vehicles by the 5th to 7th year, so book value wise it shoud be 0 already, the company is trying to get "salvage value" from it, they should just give it to the assignee, in which case is your dad

just follow the advise of vinj and other people if you do decide to go for the purchase...

3. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    it's a VERY used car. no more, no less.
    company employees traditionally get first crack at company cars, and what isn't taken, is offered to outsiders like bayan sellers. and the company probably knows that no decent bayan seller will get it unless it's less than 100K. baratin na nyo.
    but even then, it's just a VERY used car.
    caveat emptor.

old company cars are tax write-offs. they are just trying to make some money on the side. so, baratin na nyo.
    if i were buying, i'd grudgingly ask 50K. kung kumagat, ok. may pang-repair akong barya. kung hindi kumagat, ok lang. marami diyang ibang kotse..

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by vinj View Post
    If several used the car then forget; if it was for exclusive use of one person and it still has the original paint intact, has been used mostly on the highway, and service records/history are available then maybe you can consider it if they will sell it much lower than 150K. On a side note though, 250K will get you a similar Altis with less than half the mileage. IMO, dapat 100,000 or less ang bentahan niyan especially if they base it on book value which is a standard company practice.

300,000kms = 25,000kms per year.

I'd suggest you have a compression test done and the engine opened up to inspect for sludge problems. If it's an automatic then you also have to make sure it still runs well. If it all comes out good and you can nego the price then you can try get it.
    if the car passed this critical test. tawaran nyo pa... around 100-120k.
    wala ng value yan sa company. fully depreciated asset na sya and they can dispose it at lowest amount.

5. Join Date
    Jun 2013
    in my opinion that's too much 300k mileage. imagine yung wear and tear ng upuan, manubela, and every part of that car. if 100k pesos ok pwede kukunin ko. para yung matipid ko pangpagawa.

6. Join Date
    Dec 2005

I won't buy a vehicle with 300KKm mileage, unless kayo ang gumamit niyan at alam ninyo ang mga naging problema,- current condition.

Else,- kayo lang ang sasalo ng magiging problema niyan.

19.3K:chop:

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by kinse View Post
    honestly... for a 2001 model vehicle with that mileage.. its a bit high.. if the company is selling it, they should just sell it maybe 10% of the acquisition value... from what i understand some companies fully depreciate vehicles by the 5th to 7th year, so book value wise it shoud be 0 already, the company is trying to get "salvage value" from it, they should just give it to the assignee, in which case is your dad
    Take it from Kinse, hari yan ng book value purchased vehicles where he works. :D

8. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    kung ibibigay ng 100k kuhanin mo na..kahit papano may 50k kang naka patiga sa anumang magiging aberya ng kotse.siguradong safe ka sa anumang parts na papalitan dyan ,,siguradong marami nading sira yan...kalampag sa suspension sureboll yan..

150K sakali,,plus mga parts na papalitan at papaayos mo para maging 100% good condition ang car mo..baka abutin din ng 200k yan...

nakabili dati ako ng company car nung 2010 honda esi 95model..ang bentahan nun nung time na un ay nasa 150k
    nakuha ko siya sa company ng 70k..good condition nung una..nung sumunod na taon..nadurog na isip ko at bulsa sa pagpapa ayos unti unting lumabas mga sira..kaya un binenta ko nalang din...

9. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Kung magiging past time mo lang yan, I suggest you get it. Pero kung only car mo lang. Isip ka maige. Kasi madami din naman mabibili ang 150K na OK, na no-more hassle, no more repair units dyan.

Like when I got my Sentra, I conditioned myself, that this car requires patience, will quite bite my budget, will quite take some of my time, will be kinda hassle at time, etc. Knowing that I got it 'as-is'. Pero kung only car mo yan. Yun nga, isipin mo maige.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    The only cars I would consider with a mileage as high as 300,000 are the w123 & w124 Mercs and the LC80 & LC70 Land Cruisers since these cars were over engineered and are really built to last you a lifetime. If I were in your shoes, I would pass on this deal and look for a car with lower mileage.

Good luck!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Toyota Altis 1.6 2001 model with 300k mileage, good deal for php150k?