New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Newbie here, just looking for some help regarding this. My dad's company car will be up for sale soon as the company is planning to give them new ones. It's a Toyota Altis 1.6 2001 model, it's well maintained and still runs smoothly. My dad tells me the company will most likely sell it for php150k. I'm considering it cos of the cheap price but I'm reluctant cos it already has a mileage of around 300k. What do you guys think? is this a good buy?

2. Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by OneHitWonder7 View Post
    Newbie here, just looking for some help regarding this. My dad's company car will be up for sale soon as the company is planning to give them new ones. It's a Toyota Altis 1.6 2001 model, it's well maintained and still runs smoothly. My dad tells me the company will most likely sell it for php150k. I'm considering it cos of the cheap price but I'm reluctant cos it already has a mileage of around 300k. What do you guys think? is this a good buy?
    what ever the mileage is as long as its maintained then its a good deal!

3. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by jresperanza View Post
    what ever the mileage is as long as its maintained then its a good deal!
    +1. If you know how it was maintained and who used it, and can confirm all pms are done, thats a good deal... actually bala lower than 150 pa nga yan eh

4. Join Date
    Feb 2003
    From my observation sa mga naging company owned cars namin, I'll not buy kahit pa Sabihin na well maintained and casa maintained..Not only a very high mileage car but Hindi pa kasama dyan yun actual engine running hours. Yun mga naging driver namin walng patayan ang engine kapag nakatambay ginagawang sleeping couch ang car. Tsk... But if you personally saw the car how it was used then oks..but still too high mileage na.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    I agree with Jiggs. Mataas masyado mileage kahit mura pa yan. Kung sana Dad mo lang ang gumagamit ng car.pwede pa. Pero kung iba ibang tao hindi mo alam style ng driving nila. Plus at 300k some parts will eventually break down from wear and tear. I have a 96 corolla pero 180k lang ang mileage.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2012
    the mileage is a wow for me. pero in my own opinion, parang hindi na rin worth it e. sa katagalan mas marami nang parts ang mag bre-breakdown at kailangang palitan. mas magastos na rin siguro.

buti sana kung ung 300k na odo sa dad mo lang galing at sya lang gumagamit.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Test drive the car, yun lang yung way para magkaidea ka kung ano ang condition ng engine. Magsama ka ng mechanic and/or taong maselan sa kotse, or better, taong merong kotse na the same ng binibentang unit.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Cathy_for_you View Post
    I agree with Jiggs. Mataas masyado mileage kahit mura pa yan. Kung sana Dad mo lang ang gumagamit ng car.pwede pa. Pero kung iba ibang tao hindi mo alam style ng driving nila. Plus at 300k some parts will eventually break down from wear and tear. I have a 96 corolla pero 180k lang ang mileage.
    Agree!

If d car was driven "exclusively" by your dad then its worth considering pa cguro. Otherwise, let the buy & sell peeps handle that transaction na lang and have it bought by people who just want to have the experience of having their 1st car notwithstanding the odo reading.

9. Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
    Agree!

If d car was driven "exclusively" by your dad then its worth considering pa cguro. Otherwise, let the buy & sell peeps handle that transaction na lang and have it bought by people who just want to have the experience of having their 1st car notwithstanding the odo reading.
    Actually the car was driven exclusively by my dad, he uses it daily going to/from work at kasama nadin yung mga lakad ng family etc. How about the value of the car? What if I decided to buy it and sell it pag gusto ko na palitan and given na maayos padin ang condition, how much can I get for it?

By the way, thanks for all the helpful input from you guys

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    If several used the car then forget; if it was for exclusive use of one person and it still has the original paint intact, has been used mostly on the highway, and service records/history are available then maybe you can consider it if they will sell it much lower than 150K. On a side note though, 250K will get you a similar Altis with less than half the mileage. IMO, dapat 100,000 or less ang bentahan niyan especially if they base it on book value which is a standard company practice.

300,000kms = 25,000kms per year.

I'd suggest you have a compression test done and the engine opened up to inspect for sludge problems. If it's an automatic then you also have to make sure it still runs well. If it all comes out good and you can nego the price then you can try get it.
    Last edited by vinj; June 2nd, 2013 at 01:32 PM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Toyota Altis 1.6 2001 model with 300k mileage, good deal for php150k?