New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by vinj View Post
    Take it from Kinse, hari yan ng book value purchased vehicles where he works. :D
    bwahahaha i had my first vehcile for just 40K

2. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by kinse View Post
    bwahahaha i had my first vehcile for just 40K
    Company vehicle also? Nice.

3. Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by OneHitWonder7 View Post
    Actually the car was driven exclusively by my dad, he uses it daily going to/from work at kasama nadin yung mga lakad ng family etc. How about the value of the car? What if I decided to buy it and sell it pag gusto ko na palitan and given na maayos padin ang condition, how much can I get for it?

By the way, thanks for all the helpful input from you guys
    Speaking from experience sir. I bought a 1996 Mitsubishi Lancer EL(1.3L) for 88K with the same mileage last 2007. I didn't know that it was used as a taxi then. The paint is good, with mag wheels even and no aircon installed. My friend said that it is still a good buy even if I spend around 50K for possible repairs.

After 2 weeks, I went to a reputable aircon shop in cubao to have my aircon installed. Total cost that time, 21K. After 2 weeks, I realized that my rear left tire is degraded to such a state that there are no more threads on one side. Tried to buy a new set of tires and lo and behold, the whole suspension must be replaced BEFORE the tire shop installs and align the new rubbers! Damage, 22K for the repairs plus 4K for the wheels. Those are the only initial repairs I did on the first month. To make a long story short, as far as my calculations are correct, I spent around 200K for 5 years for total repairs on this car, and that doesn't include oil changes and spark plug changes and regular maintenance costs. Things are breaking down one after the other after I replaced a part. Electrical got fried, ball joints, rack ends, clutch system replaced, window mechanism repaired, magnetic clutch for aircon needs to be replaced, replaced all shock absorbers, window wiper system replaced, carpets replaced, engine keeps leaking oil, piston rings replaced.

This car is not worth it. Any car that was used this much is not worth it.Unless you get it for free.

Dahil medyo nakaipon ako, binenta ko tong kotse na to(after repairing the suspension first and replacing it with 2 new tires) for 90K-30 mos to pay para lang makabawi ng konti sa gastos at saka ako bumili ng 2012 Innova J D4D. Pinagsisihan ko ng husto ung kotse na un. Dapat pala e nagipon pa ko ng konti pa at saka ako bumili ng mababang mileage lang. That car is expensive for that mileage. Unless you are CERTAIN that major components of this car was replaced recently(see above for examples), then haggle for 100K and buy.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by basti08 View Post
    Nung binenta niya, more than 5x yung kita. Tapos yung bumuli, kumita din. :D

5. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    ^That definitely ain't acquired from a Chinese company hahaha!

6. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Naka relate ako sa story ni mib904! Ako nga sobrang na lugi sa first car ko, excited kasi masyado di na nagisip ng bumili... 1st car ko 1996 Honda Civic VTi AT. Bought it August last year for 190K * 120,000 km at the odometer. Hindi lumipas ang isang buwan na wala ako pinapagawa sa kanya hanggang nabutas na bulsa ko at napagisipan nalang namin ni misis na ibenta at bumili ng bagong sasakyan. Yun nga ang ginawa namin. Nabenta ko ng 120K (184,000km), pinang downpayment sa bagong sasakyan yung 119k just last month... Now enjoying my new ride. Di ko alam kung suwerte ang nakabili o malas kasi mamanahin niya ang sakit nung sasakyan...

Lesson learned! Charge to experience nalang.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    tawaran mo 100k.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by basti08 View Post
    yep... 02 frontier with around 154K mileage... but sold it after 2 years and earned some cash to upgrade then upgrade again

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Toyota Altis 1.6 2001 model with 300k mileage, good deal for php150k?