New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by yebo View Post
    Pass on the pickup. Too long, it won't fit in the garage. And UST parking.

Well if it's the v6 gv i will not mind the fc. As i said coding car only. The forester 2.5xt though is out of budget already.

Di ba viscous coupling pa din ang awd ng crv? So useless on sand or mud.
    Pass on the pickup. Too long, it won't fit in the garage. And UST parking.

Well if it's the v6 gv i will not mind the fc. As i said coding car only. The forester 2.5xt though is out of budget already.

Di ba viscous coupling pa din ang awd ng crv? So useless on sand or mud.
    A pickup will fit in UST parking. We have a LWB Carnival. It is just as long as most pickups, and much wider. I've tried.

Gaano kalala ba ang off road conditions na plano mong isabak? Is it really that bad? Perhaps you can also check out off road videos of your prospects in Youtube to see how they fare.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by GTi View Post
    A pickup will fit in UST parking. We have a LWB Carnival. It is just as long as most pickups, and much wider. I've tried.

Gaano kalala ba ang off road conditions na plano mong isabak? Is it really that bad? Perhaps you can also check out off road videos of your prospects in Youtube to see how they fare.

Half the time kasi it will be my wife who will use it. She did not like parking my bt50 pickup when we still had it.

During summers it is a loose gravel and dirt road. Rainy season it is manageable in most areas but there are a few stretches that really get muddy. But as long as you know where to thread (and don't slip off) you'll be ok. That is why i'm considering the vitara and forester over the other softroaders.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Why not extend the budget a bit and get the Forester SJ platform? Used ones are being sold for less than 700k.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    I have both. The older 2.0L AWD Grand Vitara 2006 and 2017 Forester XT. Makupad ang 2.0L na Grand Vitara pero kung pang farm naman at gamit ni kumander, tamang tama lang. Matibay kahit tipid sa maintenance. Sa gas consumption? Parehas sila sa XT.

5. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    IMHO being primarily rear wheel driven and with a ladder frame chassis, the GV is the last true mainstream compact SUV (and not crossover). If off road prowess is the main priority, this would be on top of my list.

Just noticed that some 2009 Montero 4x4s are now going for 500+k. Have you considered this one? There's also the even cheaper 1st gen with the prehistoric 4M40.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by GTi View Post
    IMHO being primarily rear wheel driven and with a ladder frame chassis, the GV is the last true mainstream compact SUV (and not crossover). If off road prowess is the main priority, this would be on top of my list.

Just noticed that some 2009 Montero 4x4s are now going for 500+k. Have you considered this one? There's also the even cheaper 1st gen with the prehistoric 4M40.

And 4wd is different from awd. If yebo can find a true 4wd vitara, that would be perfect for his needs.

Sayang di pwede 3door pajie eh.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
    Fasten your seatbelt! Or else... Driven To Thrill!

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I can't find a 2.7 v6 gv.

Confused shoes,
    Does the forester moonroof open? Or only the sun shield?

I'm eyeing a 2011 xt. I'm just waiting for my GS plates to be sure they are not on the same coding day. Sabi kasi ng hyundai north edsa 1 month na lang daw ang plate release ngayon.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2006

Confused shoes,

I'm eyeing a 2011 xt. I'm just waiting for my GS plates to be sure they are not on the same coding day. Sabi kasi ng hyundai north edsa 1 month na lang daw ang plate release ngayon.
    *yebo - I have a 2016 FXT. Yes, the sunroof opens to allow air to come inside. Rarely do I open it unless I drive lazily within the outskirts of Pampanga. I am not sure of the sunroofs of the SH Foresters.

If eyeing a Subie, please ask the owner if he has changed the lower arm bushings already and if he had no issues whatsoever with the aircon.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2018

Confused shoes,

The SH sunroof opens.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

10. Join Date
    Apr 2008

Confused shoes,

There are a few V6 GVs for sale in FB marketplace. Maybe you can check them out.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast