New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I was looking for a possible coding car and I came upon these 2. A 2014 Suzuki Grand Vitara 2.4 4wd and a 2011 Subaru Forester 2.0 AWD. Almost the same price. Which one would you choose? Why?

Going japanese this time. Still a big if though.

2. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by yebo View Post
    I was looking for a possible coding car and I came upon these 2. A 2014 Suzuki Grand Vitara 2.4 4wd and a 2011 Subaru Forester 2.0 AWD. Almost the same price. Which one would you choose? Why?

Going japanese this time. Still a big if though.
    I think the 2.4 Grand Vitara was only ever available locally in RWD form.

There are droves of GVs for sale. Some of them very new. And they sell for cheap. I wonder why...

I'd go with the Forester for this one. If I were in your shoes looking for a gas coding car, I'd go all the way and get the turbo variant. It will burn a hole in my wallet either way. Might as well enjoy myself. Suzuki or Subaru?

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by GTi View Post
    I think the 2.4 Grand Vitara was only ever available locally in RWD form.

There are droves of GVs for sale. Some of them very new. And they sell for cheap. I wonder why...

I'd go with the Forester for this one. If I were in your shoes looking for a gas coding car, I'd go all the way and get the turbo variant. It will burn a hole in my wallet either way. Might as well enjoy myself. Suzuki or Subaru?

I think The GV is a gas guzzler kaya marami for sale...

the pre-2013 fb20 had some oil consumption issues... even if the 4at is ok. the engine might not be reliable in the long run. but if used 1x a week. maybe itll last forever...

4. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    The Suzuki Grand Vitara was also heavily discounted on it's last year or two before the all new model was released ...

Make sure to get the facelifted 2011-2012 Subaru Forester SH model ...

5. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    I’d go with the Subie. How about looking at older generations of the CRV also?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Oh i thought the 2.4 gv is 4wd. I even saw a 2016 model going for 550k with only 30kkm. Laki nga ng bagsak presyo ng gv that is why i am considering it. And wala naman ako nababasa na issue. I posted in case meron nga, like the oil consumption issue di ko nabasa yun.

Sa forester thread underpowered naman daw ang 2.0. Maganda sana yung 2.5xt kaso out of budget na. My absolute maximum limit is only 550k. I am looking nga sana in the vicinity of 450k only.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    I’d go with the Subie. How about looking at older generations of the CRV also?

Thanks for the suggestion but no. 2 reasons bro.
    1, i am not a fan of honda's vtec. I've driven a 1.8s civic and i needed to rev to 3000+ rpm to get up a ramp. Hi revving low torque engine. Pass.
    2, my coding car will also be my farm car. So i need something that can handle that. Only the vitara, jimny, forester, and 3-door pajero comes to mind. But the jimny and paj were vetoed by the other user since they were 3-doors.

8. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by yebo View Post
    Thanks for the suggestion but no. 2 reasons bro.
    1, i am not a fan of honda's vtec. I've driven a 1.8s civic and i needed to rev to 3000+ rpm to get up a ramp. Hi revving low torque engine. Pass.
    2, my coding car will also be my farm car. So i need something that can handle that. Only the vitara, jimny, forester, and 3-door pajero comes to mind. But the jimny and paj were vetoed by the other user since they were 3-doors.
    Ah, so you need the 4x4? With the CRV, the 2.4 has torque. Have briefly driven the 3rd gen CRV 2.4 AWD. Basically the same engine also as our 7th gen Accord 2.4. Decent torque on the get go, and does not need to go beyond 2000rpm for a decent city pace (I have a pretty heavy foot). Very intuitive throttle response and transmission as well. Given also being a Honda that build quality is excellent and parts are easy to find.

For the GV, if you want 4x4, you'll have to go for the older 2.0 inline 4, 2.7V6, or the rarer 3.2V6.

Not a fan of the Nissan X-Trail?

9. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Same with what GTi said, the CRV uses the K series engines like the Accord, not the R series on the Civic and L series of the City/Jazz. The 2.4L K24 has enough low rpm torque to give the CRV AWD some oomph. Ever considered a pickup for farm use?

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    Same with what GTi said, the CRV uses the K series engines like the Accord, not the R series on the Civic and L series of the City/Jazz. The 2.4L K24 has enough low rpm torque to give the CRV AWD some oomph. Ever considered a pickup for farm use?

Pass on the pickup. Too long, it won't fit in the garage. And UST parking.

Well if it's the v6 gv i will not mind the fc. As i said coding car only. The forester 2.5xt though is out of budget already.

Di ba viscous coupling pa din ang awd ng crv? So useless on sand or mud.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast