New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by GTi View Post

By the way, since the Santa Fe/Sorento has a sealed type tranny, have you had any maintenance work done on it so far?

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Yes, changed all fluids at 40k km - tranny, brakes, steering, engine oil and coolant. The brakes I have it flushed every 20k km.

I sold it after 67k km.

2. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by yebo View Post
    Yes, changed all fluids at 40k km - tranny, brakes, steering, engine oil and coolant. The brakes I have it flushed every 20k km.

I sold it after 67k km.
    So you mean to say that despite the transmission supposedly designed to not need fluid changes for "the entire lifetime" of the vehicle, it is still good practice to follow the fluid change intervals of conventional automatic transmissions?

3. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Ewan ko ba, minamalas sunod-sunod.

1. 2007 Hyundai starex grx - Ondoy victim
    2. 2008 gen 2 Hyundai sta fe - Ondoy victim
    3. 2014 Mazda BT50 3.2 - LEMON
    4. 2012 Kia Sorento - nababad sa baha sa españa kinalawang yung ABS gear and sensor sa likod. And the hydraulic power steering i mentioned above. Buti sana kung parang pawis steering lang pero hindi. Talagang naglo-lock yung steering. Sold it last June.
    5. 2016 Ford Everest 3.2 Ti Premium - was having shift shock on 2nd, 3rd and reverse, plus sometimes getting warning lights on the dash that disappear after switching it on and off. And i was really beginning to hate the HU. Set ko radio station pero nagpapalit magisa. Sold it last December only.

Kaya balik ako sa Starex. My 2 previous starexes (sans Ondoy) never gave me any problems.
    My gosh grabe naman to. If I'm not mistaken, puro pa brand new and top of the line units mga to.

Our 2011 Santa Fe was sold last 2017 at 58k kms for financial reasons. It was bought used in 2014, and I was rather sad to see it go. Found out when the speakers needed replacing that this was actually a flooded unit. There was lots of soil hidden inside the doors when the sidings were taken off! Apparently though only half the car was submerged, so the electronics escaped intact and there was nothing mechanically wrong with it either, though the automatic headlights and, I think, also the rain sensing wipers aren't functioning anymore. We did have the tranny fluid replaced at Hyundai Erod sometime around 50+k kms, when an oil leak occurred. Apparently was a PITA procedure compared to conventional automatics with dipsticks.

The more worthless Santa Fe Suzuki or Subaru? stayed with us. While it had its fair share of repair jobs, mostly on suspension bits, pretty much all the supports and the glow plugs. Thankfully the electronic bits have stayed true so far, and the worst I've got from the steering system was a leaky power steering hose. Oh, and speaking of leaks, there was a nasty leak from the roof rails which needed resealing, and a leaky radiator that needed an overhaul and a new top. One thing that I hadn't gotten around to fixing was this annoying creaking sound that originates from the center console, which becomes prevalent when the cabin is shaken, or when I deliberately shake the center armrest.

4. Join Date
    May 2006
    Yes, at 40k kms. Change it. They pump back new fluid from the drain hole.

Same as bmw and mercs. Lifetime atf, pero better to change it every 40k kms.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

5. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by istan View Post
    Yes, at 40k kms. Change it. They pump back new fluid from the drain hole.

Same as bmw and mercs. Lifetime atf, pero better to change it every 40k kms.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk
    What a joke that "lifetime" is. Suzuki or Subaru? Mas lalong pinahirap ang mekaniko.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    i'm still wondering,
    why TS put this in the toyota thread, when neither choice is a toyota...

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ^^ Ha? Sorry i thought i did go to the main car forum when i started the thread. My apologies sirs and maams.
    Last edited by yebo; March 11th, 2019 at 12:10 AM.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by GTi View Post
    So you mean to say that despite the transmission supposedly designed to not need fluid changes for "the entire lifetime" of the vehicle, it is still good practice to follow the fluid change intervals of conventional automatic transmissions?

Lifetime my a$$. The atf that came out was almost redish brown, ang layo ng kulay sa new atf.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    ^^ Ha? Sorry i thought i did go to the main car forum when i started the thread. My spologies sirs and maams.
    ok by me.
    it was just a non-accusatory comment.
    cars are cars, whichever page they are in.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    No such thing as lifetime fluids in vehicles ... BMW and Mercedes owners learned this the costly way a decade or so ago ...

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast