New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Better to get the Subaru Forester SH ... Better parts availability ...

2. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by yebo View Post
    I can't find a 2.7 v6 gv.

Confused shoes,
    Does the forester moonroof open? Or only the sun shield?

Pwedeng buksan boss.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Crossed out both. Can't find a 4x4 vitara, and looks like the fxt has issues that if it rears itself can be problematic.

Looking at tucson crdi 4x4 now. 174 hp and 392N.m with a more modern 6 speed auto does not sound bad. The only thing is i'll have 2 hyundais in the garage. A bit cramped but better than calling grab.

4. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Crossed out both. Can't find a 4x4 vitara, and looks like the fxt has issues that if it rears itself can be problematic.

Looking at tucson crdi 4x4 now. 174 hp and 392N.m with a more modern 6 speed auto does not sound bad. The only thing is i'll have 2 hyundais in the garage. A bit cramped but better than calling grab.
    Will the 4x4 capabilities of the Tucson be enough for you?

Engine is definitely good though. Exact definition of having your cake and eating it. Don't know if transmission is the same as the same era Santa Fe's, which has that dratted engine braking all the time, even when in D. Too weak to be of use in the mountains but just enough to be annoying in city traffic. Otherwise shifts very well, though manual mode could use more autonomy.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    It should be enough. It could maybe use a little lift though. Or definitely a unit with no step board.

I've had both santa fe and sorento. Yup manual mode is almost useless, too dependent on speed. If the engine braking is like the sta fe/sorento thaen i can live with it. My previous everest 3.2 had even stronger engine braking than both.
    Last edited by yebo; March 9th, 2019 at 05:13 PM.

6. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    It should be enough. It could maybe use a little lift though. Or definitely a unit with no step board.

I've had both santa fe and sorento. Yup manual mode is almost useless, too dependent on speed. If the engine braking is like the sta fe/sorento thaen i can live with it. My previous everest 3.2 had even stronger engine braking than both.
    Slightly upsized all terrain rubber would probably help a lot with the traction, help lift the car a bit too.

I replaced the stock 225 tires on the Carnival with 245/70R16. Did a world of good in avoiding bumper scrapes when negotiating steep grades.

I use the manual mode more for efficiency than sporting purposes. Just so that it wouldn't be shifting at redline all the time under heavy throttle. Still absolutely refuses to shift before 2000rpm though.

By the way, since the Santa Fe/Sorento has a sealed type tranny, have you had any maintenance work done on it so far?

7. Join Date
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by GTi View Post
    Slightly upsized all terrain rubber would probably help a lot with the traction, help lift the car a bit too.

I replaced the stock 225 tires on the Carnival with 245/70R16. Did a world of good in avoiding bumper scrapes when negotiating steep grades.

I use the manual mode more for efficiency than sporting purposes. Just so that it wouldn't be shifting at redline all the time under heavy throttle. Still absolutely refuses to shift before 2000rpm though.

By the way, since the Santa Fe/Sorento has a sealed type tranny, have you had any maintenance work done on it so far?

My sorento, 2014, i had casa replaced atf at 40k kms. They did it naman.

Sent from my LG-H990 using Tapatalk

8. Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Binenta mo na sorento mo bakit? Ive always wanted to have that kasi it shares platofrm with the 2nd gen santa fe. And also its boxy looking

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by minicarph View Post
    Binenta mo na sorento mo bakit? Ive always wanted to have that kasi it shares platofrm with the 2nd gen santa fe. And also its boxy looking
    6 years old papi. Having problems with the power steering which the misus hated. I had it repaired but it comes back intermittently. Tumitigas bigla na halos di ko mapihit manibela. When it happened to my wife she could do nothing but step on the brakes and waited for it to go back to normal. So she decided it was time to let it go. It was her car btw.

At least yung tucson eps na. And i have not seen any serious problems posted.
    Last edited by yebo; March 10th, 2019 at 03:16 PM.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Ewan ko ba, minamalas sunod-sunod.

1. 2007 Hyundai starex grx - Ondoy victim
    2. 2008 gen 2 Hyundai sta fe - Ondoy victim
    3. 2014 Mazda BT50 3.2 - LEMON
    4. 2012 Kia Sorento - nababad sa baha sa españa kinalawang yung ABS gear and sensor sa likod. And the hydraulic power steering i mentioned above. Buti sana kung parang pawis steering lang pero hindi. Talagang naglo-lock yung steering. Sold it last June.
    5. 2016 Ford Everest 3.2 Ti Premium - was having shift shock on 2nd, 3rd and reverse, plus sometimes getting warning lights on the dash that disappear after switching it on and off. And i was really beginning to hate the HU. Set ko radio station pero nagpapalit magisa. Sold it last December only.

Kaya balik ako sa Starex. My 2 previous starexes (sans Ondoy) never gave me any problems.
    Last edited by yebo; March 10th, 2019 at 03:15 PM.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast