New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Boy Torotot
    Actually, probably half of those guys on the other thread are still on the waiting list, and are experiencing what you're going thru now...and made their own computations already.

How much is the approximate difference between this offer and the after-VAT price if you wait it out?
    If I waited it out..
    Present Price 1,533,000
    Oct 1 40,000
    Total Pre E-VAT 1,573,000
    Plus E-VAT 6% 94,380
    Total Sticker Price 1,667,380

So the difference is marginal then i still need to wait for months again...

Hirap naman...

2. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by katsudon_ph
    Well this is my basis..

by oct 1 they will be increase 40k + 6% VAT on sticker price...

This may not be the best deal but then.. wat do you think guys..
    I know the insurance is outrageous at 58K. my insurance friend can give it to 26K but then i may need to wait for next year to get the unit.
    As for the readiness of the unit. by next week daw... so ahead of evat implementation and oct1 increase
    IMO, So long as they wont ask you to pay outrageous prices for leather seats, dvd, mags, etc; I think the deal is not so bad compared to what I am hearing from the other dealers. If you are paying more than P1M DP, it means konti na lang IHF. AFAIK, the 6% input vat issue has been suspended until next year but then again, if you don't get the IH insurance, I dont think you can get a unit until all those waiting has been served.

3. Join Date
    Apr 2005
    if you are really bent on getting the fortuner and if you can really keep that 'marginal' difference...then that's probably better than most(based dun sa experiences sa other thread) deals...lalo na hindi ka na maghihintay. pero agree ako kay fortfan na wag ka lang nila sasalaksakan ng leather seats, bling-blings, etc.

pero if you're open to wait for other cars, marami naman daw parating...tulad ng nissan murano..

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by fortfan
    IMO, So long as they wont ask you to pay outrageous prices for leather seats, dvd, mags, etc; I think the deal is not so bad compared to what I am hearing from the other dealers. If you are paying more than P1M DP, it means konti na lang IHF. AFAIK, the 6% input vat issue has been suspended until next year but then again, if you don't get the IH insurance, I dont think you can get a unit until all those waiting has been served.
    Really? Suspended ung EVAT? that's great though if im gonna get it then it does not make a difference by next year and this year wala din naman unit that i can get if i don't avail of IHF.

Bdw, walang bling bling and I can get the unit by next week daw with the color i preferred.

Well I have till weekend to decide.

I'm also waiting for the Murano but mukhang mababa ang murano versus fortuner that is why im bent of getting fortuner for lack of better diesel SUV alternative na below 1.8M

5. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Mababa means the dimension of the car and not the price.

6. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    i think what you're getting isn't that bad at all.. compared to the 300K+ addition on the other thread..

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    pag hindi ka na makapaghintay at kelangan mo na ng new car, then bilhin mo na. if hindi ka naman nagmamadali, you might want to check first the upcoming competitors of fortuner like the nissan pathfinder.
    Signature

8. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Not a bad deal, if no leather and DVD. BTW, why will there be an increase of 40K besides the supposed EVAT implementation? Hmmm...if that is true, it means parang na-level off na yung DVD and leather seat I was suckered into getting with the increases since na-launch yung Fortuner.
    Last edited by Monseratto; September 15th, 2005 at 09:16 PM.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    bakit merong "6% E-VAT"?

that on top of the VAT that was already applied to motor vehicles before? all this E-VAT hulaballoo by these stealers is really getting on my nerves. according to mazdamazda, motor vehicles aren't covered by the E-VAT, and to claim that vehicle prices will increase directly as a result of E-VAT is to say a blatant lie.

10. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    vehicles arent included? whew

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Is this a good buy for a Fortuner?