New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 57 of 146 FirstFirst ... 74753545556575859606167107 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by dragonexplorer View Post
    Hindi ko sure sa lumang Innova pero our 2016 Innova E A/T is getting 7.05km/liter. Unit is used nearly 100% city driving with up and and down parking at ECO Mode. Not sure if this is an accurate calculation since I got full tank sa Petron in Makati then full tank again sa Shell in San Juan. For it to be more accurate, I think I have to fill up in the same gas station using the same fuel. Minsan iba iba kasi ang calibration ng mga pump.

Pero according to the Dash Board FC reader while steadily cruising at 100km/h and with full passengers on skyway, it read 10.1l/100kms or 9.90kms/liter using NORMAL mode.

My cousin who has the J model achieves 12kms/liter+ pure city driving.

I'm thinking baka kulang pa sa break in ang unit before we see realistic figures after 1K PMS parang explorer namin. Or si Mr. Driver ay heavy footed.

While I'm happy with the engine performance, I also felt some slight shift shock when accelerating from 0-40kph.
    1. Best method na yung full tank to full tank method. Doesn't matter which gas station, just fill it up to the brim or near it.

2. Valid point na different gas stations have different calibration ng AUTO stop, but we are only talking about baka max of 1/2 liter diffrence lang so negligible for over all FC calc.

3. Di na po uso break-in on modern cars today. Nung araw ang tolerance ng machines that build engines, tranny, etc... is like +/-0.1mm ngaun in comparison tolerance is like +/-0.0001mm. In layman's term, dead accurate na ang bore to piston diameter, bearing clearance, etc... Ala ka na masyado i break in on engine side. Mostly, sa brake pads na lang to Bed-in pads sa rotor.

4. Yes, driver ang number 1 factor. Kahit prius pa yan, kung mabigat paa, laklak.

2. Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Janemar View Post
    1. Best method na yung full tank to full tank method. Doesn't matter which gas station, just fill it up to the brim or near it.

2. Valid point na different gas stations have different calibration ng AUTO stop, but we are only talking about baka max of 1/2 liter diffrence lang so negligible for over all FC calc.

3. Di na po uso break-in on modern cars today. Nung araw ang tolerance ng machines that build engines, tranny, etc... is like +/-0.1mm ngaun in comparison tolerance is like +/-0.0001mm. In layman's term, dead accurate na ang bore to piston diameter, bearing clearance, etc... Ala ka na masyado i break in on engine side. Mostly, sa brake pads na lang to Bed-in pads sa rotor.

4. Yes, driver ang number 1 factor. Kahit prius pa yan, kung mabigat paa, laklak.
    You are right!

Nakausap ko isa pang pinsan ko na bumili ng 2016 Innova G model. Ganon din daw ang kanilang FC - hovering around 7-8km/liter purely city driving.

Kaya itong si Sec. Abaya ay loko loko noong sinabi na hindi daw detrimental ang traffic. Detrimental kaya sa budget at environment ang traffic!

3. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Hi,

Just want to ask if there is a difference in safety features between G and E?

Thanks.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by jvo View Post
    Hi,

Just want to ask if there is a difference in safety features between G and E?

Thanks.
    Generally the same - except that with the 2.8G Diesel (A/T and M/T) provided ang: Backup sensor, and alarm with immobilizer.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    1K PMS at Toyota BGC for our G Diesel M/T, Ph2,959. Servicing took three hours.
    Discounted na 1 liter of oil (mineral/regular type) as part of their freebie.
    At three weeks, one minor observation (starting on the 3rd week) is that I can hear a very soft sound (like a whistle) when fully pressing the clutch. As what the SA said, this is normal. Nothing, alarming while driving naman.

Being a new owner, and first time driving an Innova, I am still adjusting and tuning with the right seat position, sterring column position (adjustable) and the leveling of the C/B/A pedals. There is a bit of inconvenience, and I find myself adjusting the seat lever even while driving, which is not a good idea :-)

6. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by rodz1eman View Post
    1K PMS at Toyota BGC for our G Diesel M/T, Ph2,959. Servicing took three hours.
    Discounted na 1 liter of oil (mineral/regular type) as part of their freebie.
    At three weeks, one minor observation (starting on the 3rd week) is that I can hear a very soft sound (like a whistle) when fully pressing the clutch. As what the SA said, this is normal. Nothing, alarming while driving naman.

Being a new owner, and first time driving an Innova, I am still adjusting and tuning with the right seat position, sterring column position (adjustable) and the leveling of the C/B/A pedals. There is a bit of inconvenience, and I find myself adjusting the seat lever even while driving, which is not a good idea :-)
    Did you see them replace the oil?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tsikot Forums mobile app

7. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Are there any dealers offering test drives? Also, what would the fuel consumption probably end up when daily driven at short distances, say 2 km daily?

Would the difference in purchasing the diesel over the gas be reasonable given this casa? Thanks sa input.

Sent from my ASUS_Z00ED using Tapatalk

8. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Calistro View Post
    Are there any dealers offering test drives? Also, what would the fuel consumption probably end up when daily driven at short distances, say 2 km daily?

Would the difference in purchasing the diesel over the gas be reasonable given this casa? Thanks sa input.

Sent from my ASUS_Z00ED using Tapatalk
    Toyota makati offers test drives. We were looking at this before and they had a unit ready for testing. Due to time constraints though we didn't push through with the testing

9. Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Hi guys! Kakakuha ko lang ng unit ko this afternoon, G automatic. Before I bought the Innova i've been following this thread para aware ako for any issues. So far ok naman yung unit except for the tranny na eager tumakbo pag shift mo pa lang sa drive ramdam mo agad humahatak na kahit naka press pa yung break. Meron din ako napansin na wind noise pag mabilis na takbo, around 100 kph, and dating eh parang nakabukas ng konti yung bintana. Aside form those issue, i really like the car.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by StockEngine View Post
    Did you see them replace the oil?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tsikot Forums mobile app
    Nope, for I need to go back to my office. I haven't asked to personally see the servicing of the vehicle (do they even allow that if customers ask to?)