New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 227 of 529 FirstFirst ... 127177217223224225226227228229230231237277327 ... LastLast
Results 2,261 to 2,270 of 5286
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    i think he just said the monty is more expensive to maintain.
    They say that monty is more expensive to maintain. They say its non reliable car. Thats my point. That its reliable and not too expensive. Almost the same as toyota. Like filters and such hindi nag kakalayo. Yunford chevy mahal ang parts. Btw if monty is such a bad car ,. Y is it always heavily compare to fort or any other ppv?

2. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by minicarph View Post
    Everyone who buys 4x4 end up selling at the mercy of the 4x2 model,

For example, the previous generation Montero and Fort 4x4 were in the price range of 1.7M+., while the entry level forts and monty bsck then were in the 1.2M+ level.

Now look at them now in the used market, barely 100k difference. A Montero Sport entry level sells at 550k while the Montero Sport 4x4 sells at 625k.

If one is to buy 4x4, make sure to keep them for good like 20 years. Kaya I still recommend the 4x4 Forts because you are practically buying a Land Cruiser that can be handed down to the next generation like your son or apo.

Kung tuusin makakatipid ka pa nga kaysa ibili mo anak mo sa college ng new car, coz what you handed down is a classic no-nonsense 4x4 in the land cruiser family.

But a 4x4 Montero, even if it's hesvily discounted. I thinking it's best to get the entry level na lang. Kasi for sure ibebenta mo to whehther you like it or not, walang classic factor,

i have a Pajero 2013 4x4. It has been discontiuned now and it's as popular as the Land Rover defender because it has history as rally racer. Im keeping it. Yun ang sinasabi ko sa owners ng totl Fortuner, with its classic macho looks and wide stance and its association with the LC Prado, your son or grandson will not be bullied in college, and he will be so grsteful to you as his father for giving him something that he is will be proud of and of course pasok pa sa maintenance budget sa allowance ng isang college student. Best of both worlds, that's how you become a great daddy and provider!
    Cguro pag hindibpa ako nabigyan ng unit by 3 months baka pajero nalang kunin ko at 2.7 m. But i just dont like the 4m41. My classmate just sold his car. Bec of low power.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by minicarph View Post
    Everyone wwas the who buys 4x4 end up selling at the mercy of the 4x2 model,

For example, the previous generation Montero and Fort 4x4 were in the price range of 1.7M+., while the entry level forts and monty bsck then were in the 1.2M+ level.

Now look at them now in the used market, barely 100k difference. A Montero Sport entry level sells at 550k while the Montero Sport 4x4 sells at 625k.

If one is to buy 4x4, make sure to keep them for good like 20 years. Kaya I still recommend the 4x4 Forts because you are practically buying a Land Cruiser that can be handed down to the next generation like your son or apo.

Kung tuusin makakatipid ka pa nga kaysa ibili mo anak mo sa college ng new car, coz what you handed down is a classic no-nonsense 4x4 in the land cruiser family.

But a 4x4 Montero, even if it's hesvily discounted. I thinking it's best to get the entry level na lang. Kasi for sure ibebenta mo to whehther you like it or not, walang classic factor,

i have a Pajero 2013 4x4. It has been discontiuned now and it's as popular as the Land Rover defender because it has history as rally racer. Im keeping it. Yun ang sinasabi ko sa owners ng totl Fortuner, with its classic macho looks and wide stance and its association with the LC Prado, your son or grandson will not be bullied in college, and he will be so grsteful to you as his father for giving him something that he is will be proud of and of course pasok pa sa maintenance budget sa allowance ng isang college student. Best of both worlds, that's how you become a great daddy and provider!
    Soea the 4x2 and 4x4 has same year model? Mileage? As far im concern . Mas mabilis ibenta ang 4x4 pag naluma in demand sa province yun . Yun 1st gen strada naibenta ko pa ng 300k after 18 yrs.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2017
    For those who own the G variant AT 2.7 gas, any comments/feedbacks/reviews regarding gas consumption on a daily basis (M-F going to and from work including and excluding traffic) I know this is subjective depending where your live and where you work but I would like to know your responses to estimate the weekly cost.

Can't decide which variant to buy (choosing between G variant A/T 2.4 diesel vs G variant A/T 2.7 gas)

Our current vehicle is a 2013 Innova G variant 2.0 gas, planning to get a forts soon because of the excise tax that would be imposed on cars in the near future.

I apologize in advance if this has been asked or discussed before.

Thank you.

5. Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by boybit View Post
    Cguro pag hindibpa ako nabigyan ng unit by 3 months baka pajero nalang kunin ko at 2.7 m. But i just dont like the 4m41. My classmate just sold his car. Bec of low power.
    The pajero now has improved power due to VGT

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. Join Date
    Mar 2017
    They say that monty is more expensive to maintain. They say its non reliable car. Thats my point. That its reliable and not too expensive. Almost the same as toyota. Like filters and such hindi nag kakalayo. Yunford chevy mahal ang parts. Btw if monty is such a bad car ,. Y is it always heavily compare to fort or any other ppv?
    I think the lower purchasing cost of new monty will make up for the cost of parts in the future. This Monty vs. Fort nagiging ala Android Flagship vs. iPhone na. Hahaha. Also, Kung gusto ko ng ipapamana sa anak ko in the future, I will buy a Land Cruiser not a Fort. Hahaha just saying. Both monty and fort will do the job for everyday use, pang lusong sa baha, pag travel ng malayo, mild off-road, etc. it's a matter of preference lang talaga.

7. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Yeah someone said it before sa post. May chance ang montero daw makahabol sa sales ng fort basing this year hehe

8. Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Kasalanan din ng mitsubishi yan eh. Masyado binaba presyo. Parang nakasama pa sa brand image nila lalo. Hindi nanindigan sa integrity ng product nila na monty is worth the same if not more than fort. Aminin man natin o hindi. Karamihan sa Philippine market naniniwala sa mas mahal mas ok, mas magaling. Tignan mo na lang commercial sa TV.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    because we're in the fortuner page, po.
    try the car comparison pages, for variety.

10. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by quinametzin View Post
    Kasalanan din ng mitsubishi yan eh. Masyado binaba presyo. Parang nakasama pa sa brand image nila lalo. Hindi nanindigan sa integrity ng product nila na monty is worth the same if not more than fort. Aminin man natin o hindi. Karamihan sa Philippine market naniniwala sa mas mahal mas ok, mas magaling. Tignan mo na lang commercial sa TV.

Thats what marketing people would want consumers to believe..i dont buy that sales pitch

Sent from my GT-P3110 using Tsikot Forums mobile app

2016 Toyota Fortuner