New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 133 of 529 FirstFirst ... 3383123129130131132133134135136137143183233 ... LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,330 of 5286
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by JJB View Post
    Let's wait 3-5 years from now and let's see if the fort or the everest would have malfunctioning electronics and parts. Worse is that casa technicians can't seem to fix them and parts are unavailable or very expensive.
    Then you'll realize why people but toyotas for reliability, ease of parts.
    Then you'll realize who really is the st***d person or fanboy
    Having owned and serviced Fords (Everest, Escape and Exped), I agree with you as this is what happens once the car goes well beyond 3-5 years and starts racking up the mileage.

2. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by JJB View Post
    Let's wait 3-5 years from now and let's see if the fort or the everest would have malfunctioning electronics and parts. Worse is that casa technicians can't seem to fix them and parts are unavailable or very expensive.
    Then you'll realize why people but toyotas for reliability, ease of parts.
    Then you'll realize who really is the st***d person or fanboy
    Quote Originally Posted by vinj View Post
    Having owned and serviced Fords (Everest, Escape and Exped), I agree with you as this is what happens once the car goes well beyond 3-5 years and starts racking up the mileage.
    Very much agreed on these. But sigurado marami aalma - meron naman daw sila pang service eh paki n'yo Tapos ibebenta then bahala na si buyer.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by vinj View Post
    I do not agree with this. Ang pinsan ko may Ford Everest 2010 pinangbabyahe pa nila ng Isabela-Manila minsan nilalagyan pa nila ng palay. Tinantanong ko sila kung may nararamdaman na silang kalampag o problema pero tinatawanan lang ako nasa gumagamit lang daw yon. Totoo naman talaga nasa gumagamit lang yon. Lahat ng sasakyan ay ginawa na matibay.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by ecm14m View Post
    I do not agree with this. Ang pinsan ko may Ford Everest 2010 pinangbabyahe pa nila ng Isabela-Manila minsan nilalagyan pa nila ng palay. Tinantanong ko sila kung may nararamdaman na silang kalampag o problema pero tinatawanan lang ako nasa gumagamit lang daw yon. Totoo naman talaga nasa gumagamit lang yon. Lahat ng sasakyan ay ginawa na matibay.
    Sorry cant help but this statement is too general. Yes, longevity of a vehicle depends on the user to some extent. Primarily how it is driven and maintained.

Pero yung "lahat ng sasakyan ay ginawang matibay", hindi ako sang-ayon. If that is the case, then there shouldn't be a lemon law here in the Philippines, Singapore, USA, etc. Moreover, perceived "tibay" is relative hence something that is robust/durable for you might not be for someone else.

Take for example vehicles that have design issues (i.e. ranger's turbo, toyota's early d4d injector/fuel pump). Would you consider these to be matibay?

Please note that we are not in a perfect world where manufacturers want only the best for its consumers. There are many factors at play. One example is regulations to lessen harmful exhaust gases. Manufacturers addressed this by introducing exhaust gas back into the engine. Think of it, why do engines have air filters while at the same time intentionally letting dirty air in?

5. Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by pupuek View Post
    Sorry cant help but this statement is too general. Yes, longevity of a vehicle depends on the user to some extent. Primarily how it is driven and maintained.

Pero yung "lahat ng sasakyan ay ginawang matibay", hindi ako sang-ayon. If that is the case, then there shouldn't be a lemon law here in the Philippines, Singapore, USA, etc. Moreover, perceived "tibay" is relative hence something that is robust/durable for you might not be for someone else.

Take for example vehicles that have design issues (i.e. ranger's turbo, toyota's early d4d injector/fuel pump). Would you consider these to be matibay?

Please note that we are not in a perfect world where manufacturers want only the best for its consumers. There are many factors at play. One example is regulations to lessen harmful exhaust gases. Manufacturers addressed this by introducing exhaust gas back into the engine. Think of it, why do engines have air filters while at the same time intentionally letting dirty air in?

Lahat yan ginawang matibay, yan sinabi ko po ulit. In the first place, kasama na po sa criteria yung Tibay sa paggawa ng sasakyan. Kaya nga po tayo may ANCAP.

This is just my humble opinion po, yung design issue is not related at all sa Tibay ng sasakyan. Gaya po ng sinabi nyo about sa D4d Engine, sa Reliability issue po yun, which means it takes time bago makita or lumabas mga problema. And Lemon Law is applicable only for new car for a certain period of time. Salamat po..

6. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by ArchiDeos View Post
    Lahat yan ginawang matibay, yan sinabi ko po ulit. In the first place, kasama na po sa criteria yung Tibay sa paggawa ng sasakyan. Kaya nga po tayo may ANCAP.
    Agree (i would like to believe) na criteria ang tibay sa pagawa ng sasakyan.

Correct me if im wrong but i think ANCAP is for safety not durability. They design sections of the vehicle to crumple to protect the occupants. I mean kung tibay dapat wag masira/mag crumple.

This is just my humble opinion po, yung design issue is not related at all sa Tibay ng sasakyan. Gaya po ng sinabi nyo about sa D4d Engine, sa Reliability issue po yun, which means it takes time bago mC!akita or lumabas mga problema. And Lemon Law is applicable only for new car for a certain period of time. Salamat po..
    Are you saying design has nothing to do with a vehicle's reliability? Isn't reliability reflective of good/bad design?

Sorry medyo OT na. Lets go back to discussing the new fortuner. Saw a white one on the road the other day. Pogi talaga!

7. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    I would also want to chime in as we're in the market for a new SUV vehicle.

Firstly, I would disapprove of what vinj said. Having owned two Expeditions (2003 and 2007 ones), I would say they're pretty reliable. Where we did have a problem was on spare part acquisition as we believe the downtime is a bit too much versus buying spare parts for a Land Cruiser for example. So far the 2003 is nearing its end-of-life while the 2007 just has a head unit problem (CD mechanism whirls every 30mins or so) that we did not bother replacing due to the cost of replacement. Take note that the 2007 Expeditions was also partially submerged in Ondoy and both vehicles have 150,000+ kilometers in their odometer readings.

However, in the 1.5-1.7M range, we went and placed a reservation on a 2.2L Everest because Toyota is non- price competitive. And knowing myself, we took everything into account in the judgement including resale values (compared 2005 Fortuner versus 2005 Everest secondhand market pricing). In the end, we still believe Toyota to be the safe route but it's non-competitive in features which people apparently really like-to-have.

For example, the G diesel variant is cheaper than the Everest Trend. However, add Php60,000 for the leather seats and you get a same price but less features compared to its rival. Same goes with the 2.4V. While I applaud Toyota for its reliability, I think this Everest won't lag much behind. In any case, our problem with part availability should be resolved given the amount of Everests I see on the road.

--

To add to the general market knowledge,

In paying with cash, Toyota Quezon Avenue has a rough queue of 10 people for the 2.4V Bronze and 8 people in their G diesel variant. Toyota Balintawak/North EDSA, is requiring an "accessory purchase" even if I was talking to the son-of-owner talagang walang palusot (company policy ugh). The queuing there is longer than TQA apparently. Roughly 100 units of the Fortuner will arrive in TQA for the month of May 2016.
    Last edited by jhnkvn; April 14th, 2016 at 05:00 PM.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Lahat yan ginawang matibay, yan sinabi ko po ulit. This is just my humble opinion po, yung design issue is not related at all sa Tibay ng sasakyan. Gaya po ng sinabi nyo about sa D4d Engine, sa Reliability issue po yun, which means it takes time bago makita or lumabas mga problema. And Lemon Law is applicable only for new car for a certain period of time. Salamat po..

He's saying that all cars are built tough but not all are reliable. So if there's something wrong with the design and reliability, it has no connection at all to being built tough.

9. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter View Post
    He's saying that all cars are built tough but not all are reliable. So if there's something wrong with the design and reliability, it has no connection at all to being built tough.
    That sort of makes sense.. I think.. Or how i might have misunderstood what ecm said. Actually hindi pa din clear sakin. Hehe

What i misunderstood in ecm's statement is his/her use of the word "matibay". Sakin kasi pag hindi reliable, hindi matibay. During the early days of the innova d4d where there were a lot of failures, hindi matibay. What is durable? Reliable? Tough? Robust?

10. Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter View Post
    +1 po Sir. BTT po, so company policy pa rin po ba till now na obligatory bibili ka ng 100K accessories sa mga dealer sa kahit anong model variant ng Fort? Pag ganyan pa rin ang patakaran till X'mas season, for sure mawawala sa list ko ang Fort.. Harap harapan na panloloko sa mga costumer na yan. Baka po pwedeng ireklamo sa kinauukulan at baka gayahin pa ng iba..

2016 Toyota Fortuner