New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I don't know if this qualify as Mr. Nice Guy but I would lke to commend this lone MAPSA traffic enforcer at the corner of Yakal & P. Tamo.

During that sudden heavy downpour last Monday (?), a huge traffic build-up near the corner of P. Tamo & Buendia, lahat ng kasama nya nagtago sya lang ang naiwan directing traffic, he didn't even bother to get his raincoats/boots, nandun sya mag-isa lang, while yung mga kasama nya dun sa area parang binugaw na langaw, bigla nawala nung bumuhos ang ulan.

Now that's dedication.

2. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    OT:

I remember that there was a time when my dad (mr. nice guy) stopped to offer someone a ride. we (4 kami sa car) came from our farm and was already on our way home, when this girl hitchhiked. while inside the car, my dad's friend was trying to start a conversation with the girl.......after about 30 minutes of travelling, tinuro nung girl yung field na tabi nung road and sabi nung girl na lupa pa rin daw nila yun. nyeh from were we picked her up lupa na nila...then 30 minutes after lupa pa rin nila. medyo nagdududa na kami dun sa girl. yung brother ko, hawak na yung guitar at ready na ipalo dun sa girl kapag nagkataon. it turned out na may sayad pala yung napa sakay namin. ayun diretcho kami sa police station para maibalik yung girl....kaso ayaw bumaba ng kotse. after an hour, na persuade din nung pulis na bumaba.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    This morning, I was waiting for the green light at Sumulong Highway near Masinag, when this long-haired dude crossed the street in front of me with a frail-looking old lady in tow. He was carrying her knapsack as he held her hand. So, wala lang, seemed like an ordinary pedestrian pair.

Moments later, when I got to advance, napatingin ako sa isang jeepney (PXW-662) na nakaparada sa tabi. Biyaheng Cubao-Antipolo, puno ng pasahero -- and with the same guy I saw earlier, now getting behind the wheel. Siya pala yung driver ng jeepney, and the old lady he was helping to cross the street must have been one of his passengers.

Sana'y tularan siya ng mga kapwa niya tsuper at motorista sa daan.

4. Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Happened to me a few years back, nung Charade pa gamit ko....

I was cruising along Panay Avenue suddenly namatay makina ko, I kept starting it pero palyado, nawala sa timing. Andar konti pero after a few meters namamatay. Check ko spark plugs, pinalitan ko bago (I always have spares). Ganun pa din.

Then, nung mapatapat ako sa Quedancor (leasing company ata yun, before reaching Chino Roces intersection, yung malapit sa terminal ng jeep), a group of people (5 men) came to help on my problems. Good thing, mga drivers din pala sila from Quedancor and they knew the problem was on the timing. With the help of their tools, ayun na-solve agad in no time. Nahulog pala yung bolt dun sa assembly kung saan makikita yung contact point. And they handily replaced it by tying each and every bolt they have until makakuha ng eksaktong sukat.

I was thankful to them, and offered to at least mag-meryenda man lang kami o even offer them anything. But they rejected my offer saying

"Okey lang yon pards, wala sa amin yun, mga driver din kami, madalas din kami masiraan and madalas may mga tumutulong din sa amin, basta panalangin lang namin pag kami naman ang nagkaproblema, sana meron uli tumulong sa amin"

That to me, is very plain and simple which until now nakatanim pa din sa kukote ko. Sana lahat ng drivers gaya ng mga taga-Quedancor!

Hanga po ako sa kabaitan at sa pagiging matulungin nyo, sana dumami pa po ang mga gaya nyo. Mabuhay po ang mga driver ng QUEDANCOR.

5. Join Date
    May 2006
    I saw a uniformed (PNP) man riding his motorcycle a Honda XRM tapos nakahelmet, may side mirror ang motor at nakabukas ang headlight... :clap:

6. Join Date
    Nov 2004
    ^^ parang ang laking achievement ng mga ganun ah. ) hehe sabagay totoo daming pulis na walang helmet at di nag-iilaw sa daan

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    This thread is nice!

I recall when my car broke down right in EDSA, oh no, parang na imagine ko na na may buwitre lalapit sa akin (Tow truck), isang libo kulang. May lumalapit, MMDA. (Kaba) Akala ko raradyo ng tow truck. Sabi sa akin - itabi natin kotse mo sa side street tapos tinulungan pa ako itulak ang kotse sa side street (buti may malapit). He was even warning me about those tow trucks. Touch ako sa gesture nya. There are MMDA guys na mabait.

Drivers din, when I see good gestures, I really show my appreciation by saluting them (literally) and I make sure they notice. He must feel good about it for doing something right.

8. Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Mga Mods...up ko lang!

Pakilipat na lang po sa Thumbs-Up HQ!

Thanks!

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    thanks vhenok! done.

10. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by artpogi View Post
    I don't know if this qualify as Mr. Nice Guy but I would lke to commend this lone MAPSA traffic enforcer at the corner of Yakal & P. Tamo.

During that sudden heavy downpour last Monday (?), a huge traffic build-up near the corner of P. Tamo & Buendia, lahat ng kasama nya nagtago sya lang ang naiwan directing traffic, he didn't even bother to get his raincoats/boots, nandun sya mag-isa lang, while yung mga kasama nya dun sa area parang binugaw na langaw, bigla nawala nung bumuhos ang ulan.

Now that's dedication.
    Dedication to kotong? I'm pretty sure he'd rather lose his health (thinking of recovering from any resulting colds or fever) than his victims.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
List down that mr. nice guy whom you saw today.