New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Innoko
    Marami pa naman talagang courteous driver sa kalye...just don't forget to acknowledge them by flashing your lights or raising your hand to say "thanks"! May their tribe increase!
    Yup, please acknowledge the courtesy given to you. A wave of the hand, a thumbs up sign ... even a smile. It makes the courteous driver feel good and do it more often. And the more often that driver do it, the more chances others will do the same.

An old man in his car almost sideswiped mine while exiting a roundabout. He was on the wrong lane to make the exit turn. Fortunately, I was able to react on time, braking and giving a blast of the horn. After the usual "%$*£ senile driver"-muttering, I quickly went on my way. Through the mirrors, I saw him follow me right to the parking lot where I went. And then he approached me. And I got ready.

And then he said, "I'm terribly sorry, mate. I didn't see you when I made the turn".

I didn't expect that. I can only answer back "You almost gave me a heart attack back there, but everything's alright".

And with that, we parted ways.

So I take back what I muttered. He's not a %$*£'er, he's actually a nice guy. Decent enough to say sorry when he got the chance.

But he is senile :evillaugh

2. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by StraightSix
    Yup, please acknowledge the courtesy given to you. A wave of the hand, a thumbs up sign ... even a smile. It makes the courteous driver feel good and do it more often. And the more often that driver do it, the more chances others will do the same.

An old man in his car almost sideswiped mine while exiting a roundabout. He was on the wrong lane to make the exit turn. Fortunately, I was able to react on time, braking and giving a blast of the horn. After the usual "%$*£ senile driver"-muttering, I quickly went on my way. Through the mirrors, I saw him follow me right to the parking lot where I went. And then he approached me. And I got ready.

And then he said, "I'm terribly sorry, mate. I didn't see you when I made the turn".

I didn't expect that. I can only answer back "You almost gave me a heart attack back there, but everything's alright".

And with that, we parted ways.

So I take back what I muttered. He's not a %$*£'er, he's actually a nice guy. Decent enough to say sorry when he got the chance.

But he is senile :evillaugh
    nakakaguilty lang minsan kapag nagsorry yung isa pero prior to that nagalit ka. bilib ako sa mga tao na nagacknowledge na pagkakamali nila sa kalye.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Hi, in my case today it's not a mr. Nice Guy actually more of ms. Nice Gal Driving along mc Kinley crossing Dasma intersection. I was on Mc kinley and they're exiting DVA, usually family drivers are aggressive merging with mc Kinley traffic but this lady in a silver Pajero waved and let me go ahead, I waved back in gesture of thank you. My apologies though things went smoothly I forgot her plate number.

4. Join Date
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by orly_andico View Post
    1) these things should not be surprising, it's what civilized people do. it's what we EXPECT of our fellow motorists
    The problem is, we cannot expect these things to some of our fellow motorists for there are a lot of uncivilized road users out there, though assuming that everybody we see on the road are civilized I'd agree that these things should not be surprising and we expect positive things towards our fellow motorists.

maybe it's just that I'm a biker as well aside from being a car buff, we're always expecting negative things towards other road users (either a car or another bike, or any other vehicle out there) so as to visualize and initiate an escape route in case another motorist does something very stupid in front of us, (whether I drive or ride)...

5. Join Date
    May 2006
    oh I remember this nice guy I met, he's a trucker driving a 6x6 truck so this is how it went, back then 2003, bago pa mabenta yung auto ko no'n, nagpagas kami sa Ligaya, Marcos Hiway, yung generic gas station do'n (katitipid kasi lalong nagkandaloko-loko) tapos, pagdating namin ng katips, bumaba ang menor ng makina at naging maugong whereas kahit owner-type-jeep lang yon 'di naman naugong eh, so inadjust ko ,pagdating ng NLEX, walang hatak ang auto pahirapan umabot ng 60kph, tapos natirikan kami sa San Ildefonso, then sa San Miguel bulacan, by the time we reached San Miguel bulacan the engine refuses to start, I checked the spark plugs and they were doing fine and the starter has started emitting fumes showing signs of giving up, so prior to that, I already thought that there might be something wrong with the carburetor BUT, as far as my knowledge si concerned, nothing's gonna go wrong with the carb so I decided to try hitching somebody's ride, to get to the nearest gas station so I emptied my reserve radiator gallon and brought it along with me, the place is pitch black and no houses around there are rice fields left and right, I left my sister and two other cousins one is a male in the jeep and I tried hitchin' a ride, an SUV passed by though I assumed he won't let me ride on his precious Prado, and there was this 6x6 truck, and the truck stopped, "manong pwede makisakay? hanggang sa malapit na gas station?" manong replied: "diesel ba yan? kung gusto mo pahiramin kita!" "hindi po eh" and so we went, they dropped me of at the nearest Petron station to my surprise, galing din pala ng Pasig yung truck na nagpahitch sa 'kin sabi ko kasi I'm from Pasig as well, tapos on my way back I hired a tricycle special trip pabalik sa auto, pagdating sa auto 'di pa kami iniwan ng tricycle, medyo malayo rin ang byahe pero 40 petot lang ang siningil sa 'kin inilawan pa 'ko habang kinakabit ko yung container na pinaglagyan ko ng gas using his headlamp and so after no'n umandar na ang auto then we proceeded to petron to flush all the gasoline left in the tank and I returned the suction hose to the fuel line from the container I used tapos yun na umandar na ulit ang auto... ang bait nu'ng trucker saka nu'ng tricycle driver, sana dumami pa sila, :D

6. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Nung palabas ako sa isang gas station, I had to cross an oncoming traffic (2 lanes) to turn left. Since the first lane was open, naipasok ko yung kotse agad, but on the second lane, may dumating na car and blocked my way, di naman intention nung guy makipag unahan, or harangin ako, he just didn't see me. I got a little nervous since I thought I'd create a traffic once the red signal turned green. But to my surprise, the car in front of me backed out to let me through, though there was no car behind him, but still hindi normal sa mga motorists yung aatras ng ganon, about 1 car yung inatras nya para di ako mahirapan mag maneuver. I waved and smiled at him, too bad sira yung power window ko at the time, babaan ko sana ng window para magpasalamat.

Guys how do you display a gesture of apology ba? Kasi di naman maiwasan na magkamali sa daan di ba. I'd always say "soooorrryy" hoping they'd read my lips.

7. Join Date
    May 2006
    when I ride my bike I raise my hand or give the other driver a thumbs up to express gratitude or a simple hand raise to express apology...

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    a few taxi drivers using their signal lamps when changing lanes

a corolla moving out of the passing lane to let me through

9. Join Date
    May 2006
    for once I've seen a tricycle driver who doesn't seem to think that signal lights comes in as an optional bike accessory, he's using it! Albeit that observation reads discrimination but a lot of tricycle drivers (of course not all) doesn't know how to use signal lights at all...

10. Join Date
    May 2006
    up up up! :D

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
List down that mr. nice guy whom you saw today.