New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 38 of 40 FirstFirst ... 2834353637383940 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by kisshmet View Post
    Yup pang pigil nga lang ng cessna

24×7 ang surveillance

P3orion was used for battlespace surveillance in marawi and it fly much higher and LONGER

When you use it for surveillance purposes then you negate its attack mode when its more suited for attacking.

Now do you get my point?
    Sent from my GT-P3110 using Tsikot Forums mobile app
    pwede bang pang CAS ang P-3 Orion?

parang apples and oranges ata ang comparison.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Yup pang pigil nga lang ng cessna

24×7 ang surveillance

P3orion was used for battlespace surveillance in marawi and it fly much higher and LONGER

When you use it for surveillance purposes then you negate its attack mode when its more suited for attacking.

Now do you get my point?
    How will doing a CAS negate surveillance and vice-versa? It has 2 seats for a pilot and co-pilot, it has 6 hardpoints for weapons and or surveillance/recon equipment (worth 3,000lbs or at least 1.3 tons!), it can stay in the air for at least 2 hours on internal tanks alone (ipagpalagay mo na lang na at least double yan kung gagamit pa ng external tanks).

Imagine this scenario: may operation, palipad ng isang Tucano (with another on standby) para may top cover yung mga bata sa baba. Ikot-ikot lang siya sa taas, kapag may nakitang kalaban, pwede niya tirahin. After that pwede pa rin siya standy lang sa taas. The plane can still relay info na hindi alam ng tao sa baba or spot for any artillery support.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Yatta View Post
    How will doing a CAS negate surveillance and vice-versa? It has 2 seats for a pilot and co-pilot, it has 6 hardpoints for weapons and or surveillance/recon equipment (worth 3,000lbs or at least 1.3 tons!), it can stay in the air for at least 2 hours on internal tanks alone (ipagpalagay mo na lang na at least double yan kung gagamit pa ng external tanks).

Imagine this scenario: may operation, palipad ng isang Tucano (with another on standby) para may top cover yung mga bata sa baba. Ikot-ikot lang siya sa taas, kapag may nakitang kalaban, pwede niya tirahin. After that pwede pa rin siya standy lang sa taas. The plane can still relay info na hindi alam ng tao sa baba or spot for any artillery support.
    Because a .50 caliber and a RPG round can bring down a tucano but not a P3orion

Last edited by kisshmet; December 4th, 2017 at 02:39 PM.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    P3 Orion, primary purpose ay anti-submarine warfare. Ipilit pa.

Basa basa muna siguro kung ano ang "Close Air Support" at ano mas suited na gagamiting eroplano.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Because a .50 caliber and an RPG round can bring down a tucano but not a P3orion

Yo have to be very, very, very lucky to hit a plane with an RPG or bring down even a flimsy Cessna with a .50in bullet.

The maximum effective range of an RPG-7 is 200m, and considering most soldiers can't even hit a slow-moving tank moving at 40km/h, what more a plane high up in the air travelling over 400km/h?

Its true ginamit ang P3 sa Marawi for surveillance and they can attack submarines, but they can't be used for CAS can they?

6. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Yatta View Post
    Yo have to be very, very, very lucky to hit a plane with an RPG or bring down even a flimsy Cessna with a .50in bullet.

The maximum effective range of an RPG-7 is 200m, and considering most soldiers can't even hit a slow-moving tank moving at 40km/h, what more a plane high up in the air travelling over 400km/h?

Its true ginamit ang P3 sa Marawi for surveillance and they can attack submarines, but they can't be used for CAS can they?
    Never under estimate the power of a .50 caliber..it was built to bring down small planes like a tucano. Surveillance mission require a plane to loiter to gather information

Can you imagine a tucano with external fuel tank and surveillance gears on its wingpods will be sluggish. Fuel tanks are sweet target for a .50 caliber machine gun because its content is volatile

A medium sized aircraft dedicated for surveillance purposes can fly higher and longer than a tucano. It will be safer to operate for battlespace surveillance purposes

Meanwhile you can maximize the effectiveness of the tucano in an attack mode. The more the better. Pulling a few tucano for surveillance duty while keeping the rest in attack mode will lessen its effectivity where it could deliver more waves of attack if we dedicate the whole fleet of tucano for attack purposes

Last edited by kisshmet; December 4th, 2017 at 02:44 PM.

7. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by usong725 View Post
    P3 Orion, primary purpose ay anti-submarine warfare. Ipilit pa.

Basa basa muna siguro kung ano ang "Close Air Support" at ano mas suited na gagamiting eroplano.
    Dude P3orion was used in marawi even if the maute have no submarines because it is very much capable of battlespace surveillance because its a surveillance aircraft

It was not used as closed in support aircraft in marawi

Last edited by kisshmet; December 4th, 2017 at 02:37 PM.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Dude P3orion was used in marawi even if the maute have no submarines because it is very much capable of battlespace surveillance because its a surveillance aircraft

It was not used as closed in support aircraft in marawi

ikaw na din mismo nagsabi sir na hindi nila ginamit yung P3 as CAS sa marawi

meanwhile, ang primary purpose ng AFP kaya nila pinili yung tucano ay para maging CAS aircraft....pampalit na din sa ageing OV 10 bronco

eh bakit mo pa ipagpipilitan yung P3 kung hindi naman pala magagamit sa intended purpose ng AFP which is CAS?

Yung P3 ay mas suitable sa ASW. Napakamahal nyan para gawin lang ng AFP as CAS

At ang napaka importanteng tanong dyan, may kakayahan na ba air force natin na ioperate yang P3? For the meantime, yung mga dinonate ng Japan na TC-90 Planes ang gagamitin para sa pang survey sa maritime and territorial domain natin. At the same time pang train na din sa mga piloto natin. Siguro in the future, pwede yang P3 kung may kakayahan na at budget

9. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    ^dude i didnt question its capability to attack ground targets, only the capability to intercept and surveil

I hope you read that before you butted in

NEVER underestimate the capability of a pinoy

Last edited by kisshmet; December 4th, 2017 at 03:33 PM. Reason: 6

10. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    ^ so kaya mag intercept ng jets ang P3 kung yan ang issue mo?

ah. pinoy pride :D

Air Force to buy fighter jets by 2011