New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 37 of 40 FirstFirst ... 273334353637383940 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by kisshmet View Post
    A small plane for long duration..its not even medium built aircraft..where will they place the fuel?

Where will they place the sensors for surveillance? The more equipment you load into an aircraft the more fuel itll burn

Its only good for ground support, period.

Its loiter time for ground support is even questionable considering its a small aircraft. The more ordnance you load into an aircraft the more fuel it burns

Malaysia wont go small because vietnam will upgrade their su27s with sukhoi PAKFA (russias response to f22 raptor)
    Sent from my GT-P3110 using Tsikot Forums mobile app
    Malaysia seeks Light Combat Aircraft as part of wider modernisation plans | Jane's 36

The Super Tucano was chosen because it fit all the PAF's requirements. A turboprop is a fuelmiser, even the old Broncos twin turboprop has a long loiter time.

Sent from my P01MA using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Looking mean...

Last edited by Monseratto; December 3rd, 2017 at 05:54 PM.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by yebo View Post
    you need to do some research amigo. last i checked the a29 tucano has a 8 hour endurance on internal tanks only. less with a full payload yes. it can be armed with aim 9 sidewinders, agm anti-ship missiles, surveilance and ecm pods and external fuel tanks.
    Again its a small aircraft, its loiter time in the air is very limited compared to a bigger aircraft

Thats why its not effective for surveillance role..the best it could do in that mode is a flypast over a smugler at sea

Boarding a smuggler at sea are best done by rotary wings

If u load it with with suveillance suites then the 8hr airtime you claimed will be decreased..thats why the gist of my point is it aint effective in surveillance mode..its more suited for attack roles

Last edited by kisshmet; December 4th, 2017 at 11:48 AM.

4. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Yatta View Post
    Malaysia seeks Light Combat Aircraft as part of wider modernisation plans | Jane's 36

The Super Tucano was chosen because it fit all the PAF's requirements. A turboprop is a fuelmiser, even the old Broncos twin turboprop has a long loiter time.

Sent from my P01MA using Tapatalk
    Ill wait until malaysia procure one but they can opt to get f16 or f35

At surveillance mode that aircraft will be limited by its fuel capacity..a medium built aircraft is more suited for surveillance because it has more capacity to load fuel
    Last edited by kisshmet; December 4th, 2017 at 11:45 AM.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Amigo its a single seater aircraft..most surveillance requires the pilot to focus on flying and the technicians on spy gears such as electronics suite or camera

Thats why its not effective for surveillance role..the best it could do in that mode is a flypast

Boarding a smuggler at sea are best done by rotary wings

If u load it with with suveillance suites then the 8hr airtime you claimed will be decreased..thats why the gist of my point is it aint effective in surveillance mode..its more suited for attack roles

Here is the Maxdefense blog about the CAS procurement from 2014.

Updates and Analysis on the Close Air Support Aircraft Project of the Philippine Air Force

Technical Specifications Summary:
    The DND released some important information on the specification of the aircraft, which was said to be loosely based on the specifications of the Embraer EMB-314 Super Tucano. This include the following details:

Quantity: 6 brand new, factory new aircraft, fully aerobatic
    Landing Gears: Retractable
    Flight Capability: Inadvertent Instrument Meteorological Condition (IIMC) and Instrument Flight Rules (IFR) capable;
    Cruising Speed: minimum of 220 knots indicated airspeed (KIAS)
    Endurance: minimum of 2 hours and thirty minutes (2.5 hrs) at armed configuration at normal cruising speed without auxiliary tanks
    Seating Configuration: dual tandem seating
    Payload: at least 3,000 lbs, with at least 5 hard points, and at least 600 lbs capacity for each hard point.
    Service Ceiling: at least 25,000 feet
    Short Take-off and Landing Capability: maximum 3,000 meters take-off and landing roll * Maximum Gross Take-off Weight (MTOW)
    Power Plant: New turbine engine(s), time between overhaul of at least 3,000 flight hours, suitable for tropical (hot, humid and high altitude environment), restart ability within 15 minutes after shutdown.
    Weapons Systems: all weather capability, capable of multiple munition mix loading, and capacity for 2 50-caliber machine guns either built-in or using gun pods
    Avionics Systems: compatible or better with current data bus MIL-STD 1553
    Flight Instrument:
    - Day Visual Flight Rules (DVFR), Night Visual Flight Rules (NVFR), and Instrument Flight Rules (IFR);
    - Heads Up Display (HUD) with integrated flight performance, navigation, and weapons targeting and delivery in day and night environment;
    - 2 Multi-function Display for front and rear cockpits, 5x7 inches showing aircraft flight performance, navigation, targeting, and tactical mission system display;
    - Hands-on Throttle and Stick (HOTAS) for both front and rear cockpits;
    Navigation Equipment:
    - Basic equipment for IFR flights, brand new and calibrated for sustained high G-forces;
    - Global Positioning System/Inertial Navigation System (GPS/INS)
    - Digital Moving Map, compatible with Night Vision Goggles (NVG),
    - at least 1 unit VOR/ILS;
    - at least 1 unit IFF Transponder;
    - TACAN
    Fire Control System:
    - compatible or better with current data bus MIL-STD 1553
    -capable of Air to Air, and Air to Ground modes;
    - Equipped with EO/IR capable of FLIR, Imaging, and Targeting System, with Laser Designator and Rangefinder, NVG compatible;
    Airframe: rated for minimum of 12,000 flight hours
    Survivability:
    - Zero-Zero ejection seat, with life raft, survival and First Aid Kit, and Emergency Located Transmitter Device per seat
    - Front and Rear Cockpit armor plating, ballistic tolerance up to 7.62mm ammunition;
    - Jettison-able external stores;
    - Equipped with Radar Warning Receiver (RWR) and Missile Alert Warning System (MAWS)
    - Equipped with Chaffs and Flares
    Environmental System:
    - Equipped with On-Board Oxygen Generation Systems (OBOGS),
    - Cockpit Temperature Control / Equipment Cooling,
    - Anti-G System

6. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Ill wait until malaysia procure one but they can opt to get f16 or f35

At surveillance mode that aircraft will be limited by its fuel capacity..a medium built aircraft is more suited for surveillance because it has more capacity to load fuel
    From the link:

“The Royal Malaysian Air Force [RMAF] is looking at its capabilities for the next 15-years-or-so, and how best we can suit our requirements,” the official said, adding, “As part of our future capability plans we are looking at a new [LCA] that will have some air-to-air and a full air-to-ground capability.”

The official noted that Malaysia’s traditional approach of acquiring large twin-seat and twin-engined aircraft because of its large maritime areas is now just too expensive given the downturn in the economy caused by the drop in the international oil price. “We cannot now do this because of our economic situation and so must now find something that is cheaper to buy and operate.” As well as being an air defender and ground-attack aircraft, the LCA should also serve as a lead-in fighter trainer (LIFT) platform and should be ready for fielding in about 2021/22.

7. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Here is the Maxdefense blog about the CAS procurement from 2014.

Updates and Analysis on the Close Air Support Aircraft Project of the Philippine Air Force

Technical Specifications Summary:
    The DND released some important information on the specification of the aircraft, which was said to be loosely based on the specifications of the Embraer EMB-314 Super Tucano. This include the following details:

Quantity: 6 brand new, factory new aircraft, fully aerobatic
    Landing Gears: Retractable
    Flight Capability: Inadvertent Instrument Meteorological Condition (IIMC) and Instrument Flight Rules (IFR) capable;
    Cruising Speed: minimum of 220 knots indicated airspeed (KIAS)
    Endurance: minimum of 2 hours and thirty minutes (2.5 hrs) at armed configuration at normal cruising speed without auxiliary tanks
    Seating Configuration: dual tandem seating
    Payload: at least 3,000 lbs, with at least 5 hard points, and at least 600 lbs capacity for each hard point.
    Service Ceiling: at least 25,000 feet
    Short Take-off and Landing Capability: maximum 3,000 meters take-off and landing roll * Maximum Gross Take-off Weight (MTOW)
    Power Plant: New turbine engine(s), time between overhaul of at least 3,000 flight hours, suitable for tropical (hot, humid and high altitude environment), restart ability within 15 minutes after shutdown.
    Weapons Systems: all weather capability, capable of multiple munition mix loading, and capacity for 2 50-caliber machine guns either built-in or using gun pods
    Avionics Systems: compatible or better with current data bus MIL-STD 1553
    Flight Instrument:
    - Day Visual Flight Rules (DVFR), Night Visual Flight Rules (NVFR), and Instrument Flight Rules (IFR);
    - Heads Up Display (HUD) with integrated flight performance, navigation, and weapons targeting and delivery in day and night environment;
    - 2 Multi-function Display for front and rear cockpits, 5x7 inches showing aircraft flight performance, navigation, targeting, and tactical mission system display;
    - Hands-on Throttle and Stick (HOTAS) for both front and rear cockpits;
    Navigation Equipment:
    - Basic equipment for IFR flights, brand new and calibrated for sustained high G-forces;
    - Global Positioning System/Inertial Navigation System (GPS/INS)
    - Digital Moving Map, compatible with Night Vision Goggles (NVG),
    - at least 1 unit VOR/ILS;
    - at least 1 unit IFF Transponder;
    - TACAN
    Fire Control System:
    - compatible or better with current data bus MIL-STD 1553
    -capable of Air to Air, and Air to Ground modes;
    - Equipped with EO/IR capable of FLIR, Imaging, and Targeting System, with Laser Designator and Rangefinder, NVG compatible;
    Airframe: rated for minimum of 12,000 flight hours
    Survivability:
    - Zero-Zero ejection seat, with life raft, survival and First Aid Kit, and Emergency Located Transmitter Device per seat
    - Front and Rear Cockpit armor plating, ballistic tolerance up to 7.62mm ammunition;
    - Jettison-able external stores;
    - Equipped with Radar Warning Receiver (RWR) and Missile Alert Warning System (MAWS)
    - Equipped with Chaffs and Flares
    Environmental System:
    - Equipped with On-Board Oxygen Generation Systems (OBOGS),
    - Cockpit Temperature Control / Equipment Cooling,
    - Anti-G System
    I didnt question its ability to attack targets on the ground and at sea

I questioned its ability to interdict jets

I questioned its effectiveness as surveillance aircraft as the effective surveillace aircrafts are medium to big haul aircrafts. Fuel and specialized surveillance equipments requires big space

Last edited by kisshmet; December 4th, 2017 at 11:57 AM.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2005

I questioned its effectiveness as surveillance aircraft as the effective surveillace aircrafts are medium to big haul aircrafts. Fuel and specialized surveillance equipments requires big space

mmm....hindi pag interdict ng jets yung purpose nyan super tucano. Pang CAS siya. Trabaho ng MRF and/or nung FA50 yun.

As per wiki:
    In military tactics, close air support (CAS) is defined as air action such as air strikes by fixed or rotary-winged aircraft against hostile targets that are in close proximity to friendly forces and which requires detailed integration of each air mission with fire and movement of these forces and attacks with missiles, aircraft cannons, machine guns, and even directed-energy weapons such as lasers.....

9. Join Date
    Oct 2006

Hindi nga siya pang-interdict ng jets. Sinabi na nga sa taas. Nagkamali at kulang lang sa paliwanag yung Embraer. Thats the job of the FA-50s (at least for now until we can get MRFs).

For surveillance over a battlefield (e.g. Battle of Marawi or Zamboanga) with minimal to zero air to air or surface to air threats and quick response to CAS requests, this would do its job nicely. It was found that the FA-50s were sorely lacking in loiter times and visual IDing (due to the fast movement and high altitude) of targets, as evidenced by the high incidence of friendly fire.

10. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Hindi nga siya pang-interdict ng jets. Sinabi na nga sa taas. Nagkamali at kulang lang sa paliwanag yung Embraer. Thats the job of the FA-50s (at least for now until we can get MRFs).

For surveillance over a battlefield (e.g. Battle of Marawi or Zamboanga) with minimal to zero air to air or surface to air threats and quick response to CAS requests, this would do its job nicely. It was found that the FA-50s were sorely lacking in loiter times and visual IDing (due to the fast movement and high altitude) of targets, as evidenced by the high incidence of friendly fire.
    Yup pang pigil nga lang ng cessna

24×7 ang surveillance

P3orion was used for battlespace surveillance in marawi and it fly much higher and LONGER

When you use it for surveillance purposes then you negate its attack mode when its more suited for attacking.

Now do you get my point?
    Last edited by kisshmet; December 4th, 2017 at 12:50 PM.

Air Force to buy fighter jets by 2011