New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 39 of 40 FirstFirst ... 29353637383940 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by usong725 View Post
    ^ so kaya mag intercept ng jets ang P3 kung yan ang issue mo?

ah. pinoy pride :D
    Kulang lang ang AFP ng gamit due to CORRUPTION but they are capable of operating even sophisticated equipments

I hope your brain can absorb that
    Sent from my GT-P3110 using Tsikot Forums mobile app
    Last edited by kisshmet; December 4th, 2017 at 04:57 PM.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by kisshmet View Post
    Never under estimate the power of a .50 caliber..it was built to bring down small planes like a tucano. Surveillance mission require a plane to loiter to gather information

Can you imagine a tucano with external fuel tank and surveillance gears on its wingpods will be sluggish. Fuel tanks are sweet target for a .50 caliber machine gun because its content is volatile

A medium sized aircraft dedicated for surveillance purposes can fly higher and longer than a tucano. It will be safer to operate for battlespace surveillance purposes

Meanwhile you can maximize the effectiveness of the tucano in an attack mode. The more the better. Pulling a few tucano for surveillance duty while keeping the rest in attack mode will lessen its effectivity where it could deliver more waves of attack if we dedicate the whole fleet of tucano for attack purposes

Nagbigay na ako ng scenario on how this plane can be used in CAS and recon mode mode para sa iyo. The Tucano has 6 hardpoints, you only need to use 1 (ok 2 para balanced) for recon gear, freeing up the other 4-5 for bombs/rockets, plus it still has 2 0.50in gunpods. Even if it has expended all ammo, an unarmed plane loitering over a battlefield is still deadly as it can be an artillery spotter.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Yatta View Post
    Nagbigay na ako ng scenario on how this plane can be used in CAS and recon mode mode para sa iyo. The Tucano has 6 hardpoints, you only need to use 1 (ok 2 para balanced) for recon gear, freeing up the other 4-5 for bombs/rockets, plus it still has 2 0.50in gunpods. Even if it has expended all ammo, an unarmed plane loitering over a battlefield is still deadly as it can be an artillery spotter.
    I also gave u a scenario how to maximize the attack potential of a tucano

6 tucanos utilized as attack planes supported by a medium sized recon plane which can fly much higher and could stay airborne much longer than a tucano that were flown for recon mode

Against a 2-4 split for a recon-attack mode. While you alternate 2 tucanos every 2 hours for recon, you are left with 4 attack tucanos to rotate your bombing runs

Another scenario 6 tucanos with mixed load of surveillance suites and ordnance for attack mode and external fuel tanks for extended flight makes the operation of the tucano very complicated. Surveillance flight are simple flypast run..attack run are swooping maneuver. The more load an aircraft have the more sluggish it becomes

Which scenario would win the battle much quicker?

Last edited by kisshmet; December 4th, 2017 at 06:05 PM.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    This thread got active all because of a silly misunderstanding of the Embraer announcement of "interdiction capabilities" of the Tucano.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Kulang lang ang AFP ng gamit due to CORRUPTION but they are capable of operating even sophisticated equipments

I hope your brain can absorb that
    If you insist then P3 for CAS. haha. I rest my case.

This thread got active all because of a silly misunderstanding of the Embraer announcement of "interdiction capabilities" of the Tucano.
    Pabayaan mo na sir. P3 daw for CAS. Mas magaling pa sa mga planners ng AFP

6. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Marawi conflict was resolved much sooner because the US lent us P3orion which is a dedicated surveillance aircraft.

That paved the way for the phil airforce to dedicate all its air assets (even the trainer aircrafts) to attack the mautes on the ground using the info provided by the P3orion

Last edited by kisshmet; December 4th, 2017 at 08:00 PM.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    o sige na nga, sabihin ko kay digong bukas bumili ng p3. para matahimik ka na.

pinagpilitan talaga e ano? parang natalo yata ito sa bidding.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by yebo View Post
    o sige na nga, sabihin ko kay digong bukas bumili ng p3. para matahimik ka na.

pinagpilitan talaga e ano? parang natalo yata ito sa bidding.
    ha ha ha [emoji574] [emoji574]

9. Join Date
    May 2006
    nahilo ako kay kisshmet sa super tucano na yan

10. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Marawi conflict was resolved much sooner because the US lent us P3orion which is a dedicated surveillance aircraft.

That paved the way for the phil airforce to dedicate all its air assets (even the trainer aircrafts) to attack the mautes on the ground using the info provided by the P3orion

puede bang guryon na lang, instead of p3 orion?
    heh heh heh.

Air Force to buy fighter jets by 2011