New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 36 of 40 FirstFirst ... 26323334353637383940 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Me and my friend have been talking about this super tucano and he informed me that this will eventually replace the ov-10s.According to him,the govt got this because it is easy to maintain and can withstand harsher conditions.

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tsikot Forums mobile app

2. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by kisshmet View Post
    Interception of jets with propeller aircraft..thats silly

The best it could keep up with is to intercept a cesna plane

Sent from my GT-P3110 using Tsikot Forums mobile app
    Thats what Embraer meant. Brazil, Colombia and Ecuador use these to intercept drug couriers using small private planes whose maximum speeds are close to the stall speeds of jet fighters.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Interception of jets with propeller aircraft..thats silly

The best it could keep up with is to intercept a cesna plane

That's all the proceeds from selling Fort Bonifacio sale can afford🤔

4. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Hope these aircrafts last longer than the S211s bought by Ramos of which only 3 remained airworthy...

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

5. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Monseratto View Post
    Hope these aircrafts last longer than the S211s bought by Ramos of which only 3 remained airworthy...

The S-211s were bought in the time of Cory.

6. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Monseratto View Post

Walang nabiling gamit na brand new si ramos mula sa proceeds ng sale ng fort bonifacio at villamor

Nakapagtayo lang ng tent sa clark airbase

Cory bought the s211s and ramos was supposed to upgrade it to a full fighter like the mig29, f16, su27 or f18

Kaso namagic ang pera

Last edited by kisshmet; December 2nd, 2017 at 06:56 PM.

7. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Yatta View Post
    Thats what Embraer meant. Brazil, Colombia and Ecuador use these to intercept drug couriers using small private planes whose maximum speeds are close to the stall speeds of jet fighters.
    Yea cessna from saba

Taiwan, china, vietnam, malaysia have jets

Last edited by kisshmet; December 2nd, 2017 at 05:35 PM.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Yea cessna from saba

Taiwan, china, vietnam, malaysia have jets

May FA-50 naman and nasa pipeline ang MRF. Iba ang purpose ng Tucano, for long duration patrols, COIN, ground support at anti-smuggling. Using a jet fighter to intercept a smuggler on a prop plane is dangerous for the fighter.

Even Malaysia is now considering sidelining their MiGs in favor of light fighters like the FA-50.

Sent from my P01MA using Tapatalk

9. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Yatta View Post
    May FA-50 naman and nasa pipeline ang MRF. Iba ang purpose ng Tucano, for long duration patrols, COIN, ground support at anti-smuggling. Using a jet fighter to intercept a smuggler on a prop plane is dangerous for the fighter.

Even Malaysia is now considering sidelining their MiGs in favor of light fighters like the FA-50.

Sent from my P01MA using Tapatalk
    A small plane for long duration..its not even medium built aircraft..where will they place the fuel?

Where will they place the sensors for surveillance? The more equipment you load into an aircraft the more fuel itll burn

Its only good for ground support, period.

Its loiter time for ground support is even questionable considering its a small aircraft. The more ordnance you load into an aircraft the more fuel it burns

Malaysia wont go small because vietnam will upgrade their su27s with sukhoi PAKFA (russias response to f22 raptor)
    Last edited by kisshmet; December 2nd, 2017 at 06:55 PM.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    A small plane for long duration..its not even medium built aircraft..where will they place the fuel?

Where will they place the sensors for surveillance? The more equipment you load into an aircraft the more fuel itll burn

Its only good for ground support, period.

Its loiter time for ground support is even questionable considering its a small aircraft. The more ordnance you load into an aircraft the more fuel it burns

Malaysia wont go small because vietnam will upgrade their su27s with sukhoi PAKFA (russias response for f22 raptor)

you need to do some research amigo. last i checked the a29 tucano has a 8 hour endurance on internal tanks only. less with a full payload yes. it can be armed with aim 9 sidewinders, agm anti-ship missiles, surveilance and ecm pods and external fuel tanks.

Air Force to buy fighter jets by 2011