New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 191 123451151101 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    hi guys!

I'm searching for a forum for suzuki alto but i have found none so I decided to start this thread.

I bought my alto last july 22 I got a white de-luxe model. So far so good. I live in caloocan and made the rounds of makati pasay diliman nagtahan sto domingo as part of my weekly work routine. My P500 gas lasted with more to spare. Great savings!

I put window visors, mud guards, change the horn(it only has one so I bought a pair) keyless entry and alarm, sensors for backing up and a pair of oval pioneer speakers 460 watts at the back.

Hope to find alto owners here too.

God Bless!

2. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Attachment 8952

here is my alto

3. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    sir, kumusta ung shifter niya? the model unit at megamall(displayed earlier this year) wasn't as good, medyo gummy

4. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by knight-rider View Post
    hi guys!

I'm searching for a forum for suzuki alto but i have found none so I decided to start this thread.

I bought my alto last july 22 I got a white de-luxe model. So far so good. I live in caloocan and made the rounds of makati pasay diliman nagtahan sto domingo as part of my weekly work routine. My P500 gas lasted with more to spare. Great savings!

I put window visors, mud guards, change the horn(it only has one so I bought a pair) keyless entry and alarm, sensors for backing up and a pair of oval pioneer speakers 460 watts at the back.

Hope to find alto owners here too.

God Bless!
    hello sir knight rider!

sir, may forum na po kayong mga suzuki alto owners! please register now at http://www.clubcarryph.tk/

we are not strictly a club only for suzuki carry vans as the website suggests, but actually is a growing community of suzuki owners and enthusiasts as well who want to know more about their beloved suzuki. we have suzuki apv and suzuki swift owners as well, and also you guys. we would like you alto owners to join the fun with us.

i hope that you and badkuk would be able to join us in our humble club. please do join us.

thanks in advance bros...hope to see you there!

5. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Another member, monmendoza, has an Alto, but I don't know if he comes to this part of the boards.

Yes, the shifter is kinda rubbery, but it's useable.

*knight-rider: nice purchase! I've been thinking about one as a third vehicle... medyo mahal kasi gas ngayon...

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

6. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    hi guys!

Thank you for those who were kind enough to reply. I joined the clubcarry as j-six requested. I was also the first one to post on the suzuki alto forum.

I read the threads of monmendoza about his finally choosing to buy an alto. I hope he will also join this forum of the clubcarry too.

It's really very economical so why dont u give it a try niky

Thanks again and God Bless!

7. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Haha... I did give it a try. I was impressed, but it's not within my budget at the moment. ;)

8. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    hay , i made an earlier note but since i'm new in the site , medyo na-lost sa cyberspace ang preview ng na-type ko kanina , so here i go once more ...

my 14yo anak and i are car hunting . i include him sa process na ito kasi his comments will have to be considered ( PSP and PS2 virtual car participation siya ) . presently , move in an AVEO A/T , 1.5L kasi . so i called 2 numbers and i received 2 quotations . car hunting , downsizing my mode of 4wheel transport , po . but 2 of us also move around , 2 wheels , in a 50cc touch-and-go SYM FIDEL .

a few days ago , we had a look-see in a showroom of 1 of the quotations . i found out there is a standard and a deluxe . loved the white standard itsura . and kanina , we had a testdrive of a blue unit 2nd showroom , 5 of us rode in like 3 kms area , pero a Manong drove , not me .

i began of course learning how to drive in '75 in a beetle . an A/T is very helpful in traffic scenario in metro manila traffic . what's the "gummy shift" ba of the comments i hear of the M/T ? part of downsizing comes "mababanas" sa "gummy shifts" ?

i bring my anak to school and i have to go back home : some 11 kms per way . or a 600php gasoline budget . it's another story though sa other trips to visit my folks or pasyal or out-of-towns . what's the fuel consumption kaya of ALTO deluxe or standard sa city driving ?

what's this " first 100,000kms or 3 years , which ever comes first " thinggy for the warranty ? engine di ba? kasi , sa AVEO , had to change battery on 5th month , and shift-lock release switch on 13K kms , all on warranty . yikes , first " 5K kms or 5 months , which ever comes first " visit at the casa was 4400php!

i had a look under the hood , so compact the engine . i have an "inherited" SUZUKI BEAVER '80 which i newly engine overhauled , it's a 3 cylinder too .

i enjoy reading the threads of the car posts in tsikot.com . i hope to read more on ALTO , support group for my quest !

cATch you later , rebeccaxxx

9. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    "Gummy" meaning it feels rubbery... like the shifter is tied to the engine by rubber bands. Gummy is the way it feels to push around.... something like the way an old car might feel. Disappointing in a new car, but considering the price, forgiveable.

Certain items are not covered within the full warranty. The clutch is only warrantied for a short period, since it's a wear item. Brakes, too. The battery carries its own warranty, separate from the car's... but you have to fill out the form and send it to the battery manufacturer... most of us don't bother... when the battery dies, we just buy a new one. This is true for almost all cars. The warranty doesn't cover oil changes... that's regular maintenance... but if the body should rust in areas where there's no collision damage, or if the engine suddenly conks out despite good maintenance, that's covered by warranty.

PMS will cost less than the Aveo. Less oil in the oil change. Economy should be better... you'd probably use half of what you're using now (the Aveo AT is not a very economical car.)

The Alto is a decent choice, considering the price.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    im also considering one as my second vehicle (pang daily driving).

very tempted to get a deluze model in white.
    Got Mazda?-http://www.MAZDAtech.org [SIZE="1"]est. 2000[/SIZE]
    got mazda 2? -> mazda2ners

Page 1 of 191 123451151101 ... LastLast
Suzuki ALTO [ARCHIVED]