New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 191 FirstFirst 1234567891555105 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by knight-rider View Post
    I would usually park at sm city free parking or at mc donalds quezon ave corner panay ave and ride the mrt and then get back and drive my alto to my house in caloocan.
    Hindi naman naaano Alto mo maski wala ka?

2. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    hi guys!

I already experienced driving with 4 people on board including me and drove to edsa yeah acceleration will be a bit slower when your aircon is on but not to the point that your engine will shake because of having 3 passengers with you. I was amazed that even with 3 passengers on board with one on the heavy side hehehe we were able to reach katipunan from makati with no hassle at all with the aircon on. I usually turn my aircon on when I have passengers with me. Acceleration is a bit slower but when you're in high gear already you glide and speeding up is not a problem anymore. Nagulat nga ako kasi apat na kami malakas pa rin ang hatak ni alto at mabilis din naman kami.

Concerning my parking habits so far safe naman ang car ko pag-iniwan ko sa parking sa sm city. but come oct 15 hindi na free ang parking sa dulo ng dating warehaus club. When I take the lrt from monumento there is a free parking lot at the back of the Uniwide. I also park sa gilid ng mcdo sa quezon ave maraming cars nakapark dun I park sa tapat ng townhouses may guard kasi dun at least natatanaw car ko ng guard so pagbalik ko nandun pa naman si alto kahit medyo gabi na or kung sandali lng naman at may parking sa mcdo mismo bili ka lng drinks or fries para mapakita mo receipts sa parking attendant pagkuha mo sa car mo.

did u guys get the free check up and oil promo card? I got mine thru the mail yesterday. The promo card is valid until nov 30 so kahit kapapalit lng oil ko kung libre naman pati oil I will take advantage of this incentive.

Yung tailpipe di pa rin ako nakakabili, after my compre exam na siguro and also my synchronization project with my fone and car speaker hehehe I am also tempted na bumili ng nextbase dvd lcd may tv rin kasi and portable pa you can take it out of your car din kasi so you can use it with your other cars kung meron pa kayong isang vehicle or even use it anywhere. naku free advertising na wala naman akong comission dito hehehe

God Bless and drive safely everyone!

knight-rider

3. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Hi Guyz!

Yung Alto Kasi Is 3 Cylinder Kaya Medyo Me Engine Vibration Kumpara Halos Sa Mga Ibang Cars Na 4 Cylinder. With Regards Sa Free Change Oil Meron Na Rin Ako Sayang Din Yon Mga P2000.00 Ang Cost Nun! Pang Gas Na Rin Yon For 1 Month.

Regards,
    Zhu220

4. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Hi and Thanks guys. What's the best deal (cash) now in buying the Alto. Possible kaya ang cash discount and/or free insurance/registration? I ask this because the price of the Getz 1.1GL (more spacious and better refinement) is temptingly close * php488k less maybe a 20k discount and/or free insurance/registration as against the Alto deluxe * php398k plus 15,500 insurance and 8,875 registration.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    hey guyz,

nakita nyo na ba yung bagong Chery QQ na made in China, Mas Ok daw sa ALTO in terms of price, space, fuel efficiency, performance and looks, At 1.1 MT
    16 Valve DOHC na, naka Mags na, may side skirt at spoiler na! and it Only Cost 349K.. nag dadalang isip tuloy akong bumili ng Alto!

6. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Hi All ALTO Present and Future Owners,

I test drove the ALTO and Getz last Saturday. The ALTO is an adequate car in every way. You have to be more conscious of proper gearing and engine revs unlike 1600cc< cars wherein you can get by in third even at low speeds. It didn't huff and puff going up the shaw blvd flyover crossing edsa with us four on board with the a/c on. Going down, I put it in neutral to test the brakes, no problem here. Ride was firm and a little bit bouncy, like riding in a 70's leaf-sprung corolla. It was a sunny midmorning and the a/c cooled the interior well but was LOUD at full blast. Anyway No.2 blower speed was quiet and preferable for most of the time. The horn sounded tinny, the stereo, like listening to the maid's transistor radio. Better speakers here would do, if you can find a place to fit them in. Power windows, front only, ok. I noticed that the power locks didn't include the hatch so you should always remember to manually lock it. The climb up the Shang carpark was ok although you have to mix engine revs with a little clutch slipping unlike in bigger cars where you just put it in first, step on the gas and it goes up. Legroom is also adequate although front passengers should be considerate of their backseat partners by giving up at least four notches on the seat adjustment. I think it has even more headroom than the Vios. Seatbelts are great at four retracting. Headrests looked bulky for such a small car. I liked the chime reminder if you left the lights on with the door open. Unusual for an entry-level car. No more drained battery on rainy nights here. Great too, are the standard rear window wipers. What else? Update na lang kung me nakalimutan ako.
    I intentionally put this for last. The steering was numb and heavy like driving with 10psi tires, considering the ALTO I drove was a deluxe version with power steering. The rep said it was because the speedo cable wasn't connected. Also, going down the Shang carpark at the ticket booth, the engine suddenly died. It started with one click and as I drove, I noticed an orange warning light. OMG I thought, no oil !!!?? It was pala the check engine warning light. Again the rep blamed it on the disconnected speedo cable. Is this true?
    I humbly say that these are only my opinions.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by famdiaz View Post
    Hi All ALTO Present and Future Owners,

I test drove the ALTO and Getz last Saturday. The ALTO is an adequate car in every way. You have to be more conscious of proper gearing and engine revs unlike 1600cc< cars wherein you can get by in third even at low speeds. It didn't huff and puff going up the shaw blvd flyover crossing edsa with us four on board with the a/c on. Going down, I put it in neutral to test the brakes, no problem here. Ride was firm and a little bit bouncy, like riding in a 70's leaf-sprung corolla. It was a sunny midmorning and the a/c cooled the interior well but was LOUD at full blast. Anyway No.2 blower speed was quiet and preferable for most of the time. The horn sounded tinny, the stereo, like listening to the maid's transistor radio. Better speakers here would do, if you can find a place to fit them in. Power windows, front only, ok. I noticed that the power locks didn't include the hatch so you should always remember to manually lock it. The climb up the Shang carpark was ok although you have to mix engine revs with a little clutch slipping unlike in bigger cars where you just put it in first, step on the gas and it goes up. Legroom is also adequate although front passengers should be considerate of their backseat partners by giving up at least four notches on the seat adjustment. I think it has even more headroom than the Vios. Seatbelts are great at four retracting. Headrests looked bulky for such a small car. I liked the chime reminder if you left the lights on with the door open. Unusual for an entry-level car. No more drained battery on rainy nights here. Great too, are the standard rear window wipers. What else? Update na lang kung me nakalimutan ako.
    I intentionally put this for last. The steering was numb and heavy like driving with 10psi tires, considering the ALTO I drove was a deluxe version with power steering. The rep said it was because the speedo cable wasn't connected. Also, going down the Shang carpark at the ticket booth, the engine suddenly died. It started with one click and as I drove, I noticed an orange warning light. OMG I thought, no oil !!!?? It was pala the check engine warning light. Again the rep blamed it on the disconnected speedo cable. Is this true?
    I humbly say that these are only my opinions.
    Thanks for sharing your test drive experience.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by lalacroft View Post
    nakita nyo na ba yung bagong Chery QQ na made in China, Mas Ok daw sa ALTO in terms of price, space, fuel efficiency, performance and looks, At 1.1 MT
    16 Valve DOHC na, naka Mags na, may side skirt at spoiler na! and it Only Cost 349K.. nag dadalang isip tuloy akong bumili ng Alto!

Nyahaha! Matagal ng naburo un thread ng Chery d2. Ikaw search mo na lang. Mukang walang nabenta.

Dont risk it. Get Alto.
    Last edited by hominid; October 17th, 2007 at 08:04 PM.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by hominid View Post
    Nyahaha! Matagal ng naburo un thread ng Chery d2. Ikaw search mo na lang. Mukang walang nabenta.

Dont risk it. Get Alto.
    CHERY QQ, MURA NGA!CHECK MO BIKES FROM CHINA AKALA MO BEFORE HARLEY DAVIDSON! PERO PANO PARTS, SERVICE AND TRACK RECORD? IM NOT SAYING THIS DAHIL ME ALTO NAKO. ANG ALTO MERON SA EUROPE, JAPAN, INDIA AND NOW PHILIPPINES. FOR SURE MARAMI NG NAGING ADJUSTMENT IN TERMS OF PARTS PROBELM KUNG MERON MAN? NASA ILANG MILYON NA RIN YUNG NA PRODUCED NA ALTO WOLDWIDE. SA INDIA NGA DAW 20 THOUSAND UNITS A MONTH ANG ALTO! KUNG ME PROBLEMA YUN HINDI GANUN KALAKI BENTA NILA. TAMA NGA DONT RISK MAG ALTO KANA. SA SOUNDS NAMAN ME NAG UPGRADE NA LIKE ME KAYA OK NA SI CUTE MALAMIG NA, MATIPID PA, OK NA SOUNDS AT ANG DALI PA LILISIN AT I PARK.

TAKE CARE,
    ZHU220

10. Join Date
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by zhu220 View Post
    CHERY QQ, MURA NGA!CHECK MO BIKES FROM CHINA AKALA MO BEFORE HARLEY DAVIDSON! PERO PANO PARTS, SERVICE AND TRACK RECORD? IM NOT SAYING THIS DAHIL ME ALTO NAKO. ANG ALTO MERON SA EUROPE, JAPAN, INDIA AND NOW PHILIPPINES. FOR SURE MARAMI NG NAGING ADJUSTMENT IN TERMS OF PARTS PROBELM KUNG MERON MAN? NASA ILANG MILYON NA RIN YUNG NA PRODUCED NA ALTO WOLDWIDE. SA INDIA NGA DAW 20 THOUSAND UNITS A MONTH ANG ALTO! KUNG ME PROBLEMA YUN HINDI GANUN KALAKI BENTA NILA. TAMA NGA DONT RISK MAG ALTO KANA. SA SOUNDS NAMAN ME NAG UPGRADE NA LIKE ME KAYA OK NA SI CUTE MALAMIG NA, MATIPID PA, OK NA SOUNDS AT ANG DALI PA LILISIN AT I PARK.

TAKE CARE,
    ZHU220
    Bro bawal ang all caps dito sa forum paki-edit na lang. thanks

Suzuki ALTO [ARCHIVED]