New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    I bought Michelin tires a few weeks ago and it seems that walang dots yung mga tires. Does that mean it is nicely balanced already? Are those dots for all brand of tires??

2. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    *linyx: not all wheel manufactures put that minuscile dimple. Most OEM/factory wheels mounted on locally manufactured cars do not have this minuscile dimple. in the same manner...

*edl100: not all tyre manufacturers put these dots. in fact, even them known tyre manufacturers e.g. goodyear, michellin etc., don't always put these dots on all of their tyre models. No, it does not mean that it is nicely balanced already. AFAIK, there is no perfectly balanced tyre.I watched a tyre manufacturing last week over a cable channel here at Phnom Penh. Them engineers and "tyre scientist" of their say that there is no such thing as a perfectly balaced and perfectly dimensional tyre.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    medyo di ko naintindihan.. buti may pics... heh...

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    checked the starex tires which were replaced recently ... air valve was aligned with yellow dot ... tires are thai-made bridgestone dueler h/t 684 with red and yellow dots clearly marked

5. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    nahanap ko rin ulit... click me anyway, nung nagpalit yung gf ko yung red ang ginamit... pos nung nagsecond the motion din kuya nya na yun nga raw talaga red... e kung ayun sa yoko e either way, ibig ba sabihin nito, pwedeng i-set sa mga pang-balance nilang machine sa mga servitek, etc. kung uniformity/weight method ang ginawa nilang pagmamatch? may case-to-case basis ba 'to? like kung kailan weight matching ang necessary, kailang uniformity? o as implied sa "click me" e, kailangang unahin muna yung uniformity method at kung wala nga uniformity mark, go to weight? rhetoric na ba?

6. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    another one of those informative threads... meron na naman ako bago natutunan from tsikot.com...

*nicolodeon: medyo nalito lang po ako and i want to clarify...

Quote Originally Posted by nicolodeon View Post
    Well, your correct on that one. The red dot is a uniformity mark. This marks the tyres high point - the spot where the tyre is highest. The yellow dot (sometimes it's a yellow stripe) is the marks heaviest spot on the wheel. It's also known as a 'weight mark'. You aligh this mark to your air valve or PITO.
    Quote Originally Posted by B2Bomber View Post
    nahanap ko rin ulit... click me anyway, nung nagpalit yung gf ko yung red ang ginamit... pos nung nagsecond the motion din kuya nya na yun nga raw talaga red... e kung ayun sa yoko e either way, ibig ba sabihin nito, pwedeng i-set sa mga pang-balance nilang machine sa mga servitek, etc. kung uniformity/weight method ang ginawa nilang pagmamatch? may case-to-case basis ba 'to? like kung kailan weight matching ang necessary, kailang uniformity? o as implied sa "click me" e, kailangang unahin muna yung uniformity method at kung wala nga uniformity mark, go to weight? rhetoric na ba?
    quote ko lang yung content nung link:

"Weight Method
    When performing weight match-mounting, the yellow mark on the tire, indicating the point of lightest weight, should be aligned with the valve stem on the wheel assembly, which represents the heaviest weight point of the wheel assembly. After match-mounting by either of the above methods, the tire/wheel assembly can be balanced."

ask ko lang po sana kung yung yellow mark ba is really the heaviest (as you mentioned) or lightest part (as indicated in the link above) of the tire? :question:

reading the entire thread so far, my impression is that the yellow thread seems to indicate the lightest part of the tire which should then be aligned to the valve stem slot on the wheel creating a better off-set using the weighted method.. tama po ba o mali?

:thanx: in advance

edit: salamat din nga po pala dun sa nag-up nitong thread...

7. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by slip-slick View Post
    new tires are balanced when they are installed. weights are added where needed.. so whats the point of the dots?
    the dots would eventually wear off. but at least its an easy point of reference when say you get a flat and need to have the tired fixed. if the installer is knowledgeable enough then he'd align the "pito" with the yellow mark. its usually a yellow circle on most bridegstones i've seen and used. that way the wheel is still balanced somewhat because it keeps the same position as when it was previously balanced. at least that's the idea

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    akala ko may asado/ bola-bola na rin ang gulong.

9. Join Date
    May 2006
    Mali pala pagkalagay nung gulong ko apat pa naman yun dapat pala nakaalign sa yellow dot.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Kung nabalance naman ng tama after, ok na din iyan.

Mas madali nga lang ibalance kung naitapat sa markings.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
What is the purpose of Red and Yellow dots in a brand new tires?