The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Nice thread nga...this is very enlightening

2. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by boybi
    if the yellow dot/spot is the heaviest part of the tire, di ba dapat it should be placed at the opposite side against the pito to balance it?
    i think the part of the rim with the pito should be the lightest because it has a hole. magaan lang naman ung pito.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    I wasn't aware of any dots before I read this thread.

4. Join Date
    Jan 1970
    new tires are balanced when they are installed. weights are added where needed.. so whats the point of the dots?

5. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Well, like the tyre. almost all wheels/mags are not perfect so they are not 100% round or circular. The have minuscule imperfections that only machines (like the ones found at your suking tyre shop) can detect. If you look carefully and close enough, you'd find that your wheels/mags have notch or a mark stamped somewhere on the rim. Normally called a "dimple", this marks the lowest point of your mags. The dimple (lowest point) needs to be aligned with the highest point of your tyre (red dot).

However, there are tyres where the high point (red dot) is quite close to the tyre's heaviest part (yellow dot) and there are mags where the dimple is at the opposite end of the pito. If this is the case, then the red dot should be alligned with the mags' dimple - ignore the yellow dot.

Again however, as a rule of thumb used by experienced and well-knowledged tyre mounters, always align the red dot with the dimple and ignore the yellow dot totally.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    wow!nice info,so what happens if its not alinged?

7. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Well, these dots are properly aligned, the number of balancing weights (tingga) you would need to use would be minimized. Properly mounted tyres limits the RFV or radial force variation. If your tyres have a high RFV, the ride won't be that smooth and the ride won't be that comfortable. Plus, it lessens the effective performance of your car.

Medyo mahaba ang explanation sa RFV eh kaya eto na lang ang link sa Wikepedia, he he he. My apologies: medyo nerdy ang explanation dito.

What is Radial Force Variation?

8. Join Date
    Feb 2003
    cool thread, i just had new tires and wheels mounted last weekend, check ko nga kung aligned.

9. Join Date
    May 2006
    Interesting.....pero these marks has minor effects only for older rims di ba? Kasi naglalagay din naman ng weights to make sure of close to zero centrifugal drift during tire alignment if you fit new tires on old rims.....or maybe siguro dahil luma na rin yung rims kaya yun mismo ang may mga deformity contributing to the offset in centrifugal alignment.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    just get a new car..are these tyres correctly installed ?..cannot seem find the dimples on the rims but the yellow dot is aligned to the pito....

[IMG][/IMG]

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
What is the purpose of Red and Yellow dots in a brand new tires?