New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    I heard so much good thinks about Royal Purple, medyo popular nga dito eh. Now I know what goes in my vehicles. From Mobil1 to Royal Purple.
    Last edited by Camgen6; October 3rd, 2007 at 10:36 PM.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    the way they did the test, that's how some additive suppliers do in their demonstration. Its the load index scarring test on a bearing like what was shown. We tried those additives with different kinds of engine oils, and without additives on different kinds of engine oils, and there are differences in scarring levels. However, I don't know how applicable this is to your engine situation.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    thanks for the info mga sir. now i'll know what these oils can actually do for my engine...
    tanong ko lng po, meron kase akong kakilala nung drag racing days ko na gumagamit ng diesel engine oil... his car was a civic esi din tpos preho lng kmi ng mods. sabi nya kse mas maganda daw engine protection nun compared sa oils for gas engines...ano kaya epekto nito sa makina nya? his car gets the better of mine every time we gauged each other e. is there any truth to this? hindi kaya masira internals ng makina ko kng gnun din gawin ko? TIA

4. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Memphis Raines View Post
    Of all the locally available brands, it's the Valvoline that has the better grinding protection.

I wish that Royal Purple would be commercially available here sa atin. I'm currently using Mobile 1.
    Its available locally. Try Speedyfix, may promo siya. Its on his sig.
    Its available from other shops. Per memory, Speedworks, Fusion R and HRC. There should be others.

5. Join Date
    Feb 2004
    pero may flaw daw yung pag test nila sa mga oils na yan...

Quote Originally Posted by userfriendly View Post
    Its available locally. Try Speedyfix, may promo siya. Its on his sig.
    Its available from other shops. Per memory, Speedworks, Fusion R and HRC. There should be others.
    makano naman kaya ang gallon? for engine types naman kaya(gas/diesel/cng/lpg)?

7. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    That's really shocking to think that most of the expensive ones lose to the cheaper oils!
    I'm glad that I've been using valvoline ever since for my car! Not the top but still ok!

8. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by mazingerZ View Post
    Bai,

Pasuyo naman, could you post it here para madownload ko? Nakafirewall kasi ang internet access namin. thanks!
    the file is 4.3Mb we cannot upload it here...

try this link:

via **********

9. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    I think I see the flaw... there's no mention of what temperature this test is done at. The multi-grade oils have different viscosity ratings depending on temperature.

But normally, this feature just means that the oil should not thin out at higher temperatures... this feature is useful, though, by showing how bad cold wear over time might be with the oil. Anyway, they put a disclaimer in the article saying that other measures might not agree with this test.

I've been kinda getting the feeling, though, that my Shell Helix Ultra 5w40 isn't as good as it should be, at least, not any better than the mineral Helix I was using before this... it feels like it's running too thin at high temperature... and that article kinda seals it. As for Mobil1 0w40? I blew an engine on that... :lol:

People are saying good things about Royal Purple... am thinking of trying this one, myself.

My engine runs really, really hot, and I need all the protection I can get.
    Last edited by niky; October 4th, 2007 at 02:02 PM.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

10. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    I was thinking about the heat as a factor not considered. The oils are tested at the coldest/thickest condition and oil needs to be hot to properly protect the engine components. It does not mean that if the cold test results showed the above results, that the hot test results would also be similar. A new test has to be done to confirm that.

I'm also curious as to the choices of motor oils. Why those, why not others (Lubro Moly, diesel-rated, or the more common but cheaper ones like Quaker State or Coastal Fleet, etc). It did not give any basis for choosing the said oils tested.

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
Shocking truth about Oils!