New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    I think it's a test for popular "performance oils".

I'd also like to see results for Liquid Moly, Eneos and some other brands.

The heat was worrying me, but... think about it... a lot of the metal on metal wear and tear inside the engine occurs during cold starts.

While the effects of additives are dubious because they break down under heat, most of these commercial oils should be stable at heat... they're designed not to thin out at high temps... so cold-starts should give a good idea of how they perform throughout their heat range.

Still, I'd like to see a retest of those synths and fully-synths that had backwards results at full operating temps... as I think it's just the thicker cold rating viscosity that's making the semi-synths outperform their expensive cousins.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

2. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Royal Purple is available in the ff:

Speedyfix
    ERL
    HRC banawe
    Kanzai
    Fusion R
    Speedtrap banawe

Soon in...
    Speedlab
    and Drop It

3. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Yup. Just talked to Ferman at Speedlab... he says that some people recommend it over Motul (feels too think at high temps, supposedly). I think I'm willing to go with the 10w40 for my next oil change. Just need to find a way to get this past the casa (they frown upon non-Shell oils)... but as I'm at 75,000 kms, I'm not sure I want to go through the hassle of using casa oils for another 25,000 kms of my warranty.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    wow, that's a long warranty!

5. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Temperature surely is a factor there on the tests done... Di naman magkakaroon ng sugat yung metal kung walang friction - which leads to high temperature build up...

Eto nga pala site ng Royal Purple...
    http://www.royalpurple.com/prodsa/auto.html

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by speedyfix View Post
    wow, that's a long warranty!
    Ford Extended... 5 years or 100 - 125k kms (forgot which), whichever comes first.

Getting kind of sick of it... with all my mods, I'd be lucky if they actually honored my engine warranty, anyway.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    been an avid user of royal purple for a long time.it does cost more than your conventional motor oil but getting an extra 10HP(proven already by alot of friends ran on dynos and TV car shows like horsepowerTV) its worth every penny i spend.
    used for my engine oil,rearend differential and trans fluid.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Oooh... nice read.

I'm definitely going to try out Royal Purple the next time around (1000 kms to go!)... my fuel consumption also slightly decreased while using Motul too.

9. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by mazdamazda View Post
    Oooh... nice read.

I'm definitely going to try out Royal Purple the next time around (1000 kms to go!)... my fuel consumption also slightly decreased while using Motul too.
    oppss... parang pareho tayo... di din ako masyadong satisfied sa motul oil na nilagay ko during my last change oil.... parang napansin ko din yung slightly decrease sa fuel consumption. I've been using mobil 1 eversince and I think it's time for me to try that Royal purple. kahit na 8K palang ang tinatakbo ng motul ko ay parang gusto ko ng palitan ng bagong oil.

10. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    niky, dang... tagal nyan ah!

deedee, i doubt the 10hp is super accurate. it depends on the size of the engine to begin with but gains like those are more on the big engines/diesels.

mazdamazda, what are the viscosity req of your rav? wanna try out the 30 viscosity oil? check the manual muna kung pwede

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
Shocking truth about Oils!